Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New low cost shipping option for eBay...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I'm waiting for my first one to try it out.. I updated all my listings to give them an option of $1.00 or $3.99 if they want it in a bubble mailer..

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I love the comment about buyers don't like to pay $3 s/h for padded mailers! Who is still charging $3. I think the ebay postage is close to $4 now and that is a discount. USPS is over $4 for the average padded mailer. Definitely a much needed service. Does ebay actually restrict you from using this option if the sale price exceeds $20? I know some of those cardboard mailers are pretty solid. Add another piece, still under 1/4" thick and under the weight limit and it should protect expensive cards too.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I just listed a bunch of my GU cards for $6.99 or so with "$1 S&H" in the title. I am also putting an image in with the pictures..
Hope this works to get rid of the cheaper GU cards..

Last edited:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I just listed a bunch of my GU cards for $6.99 or so with "$1 S&H" in the title. I am also putting this image in with the pictures..
Hope this works to get rid of the cheaper GU cards..

Hope you're sending in those cardboard mailers. In my experience GU cards sent in a PWE end up creased around 80% of the time. Just a warning that anybody going that route could be opening themselves up for a lot of damaged item claims and lost money. The USPS has been better about not bending the stiffer cardboard mailers, though.

As a buyer I stay far away from GU card listings that seem like they might be sent PWE, regardless of the price. If somebody is sending in those cardboard mailers you might want to think about making that super clear in your auction description, as it may draw more interest from buyers like me who have been burned so many times by PWEs.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Hope you're sending in those cardboard mailers. In my experience GU cards sent in a PWE end up creased around 80% of the time. Just a warning that anybody going that route could be opening themselves up for a lot of damaged item claims and lost money. The USPS has been better about not bending the stiffer cardboard mailers, though.

As a buyer I stay far away from GU card listings that seem like they might be sent PWE, regardless of the price. If somebody is sending in those cardboard mailers you might want to think about making that super clear in your auction description, as it may draw more interest from buyers like me who have been burned so many times by PWEs.

I ordered a box of cardboard mailers just for this reason..

I also have a bunch of old CD Mailers as well..

Someone else on here posted these mailers as well..

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
I love the comment about buyers don't like to pay $3 s/h for padded mailers! Who is still charging $3. I think the ebay postage is close to $4 now and that is a discount. USPS is over $4 for the average padded mailer.

on items under $10 my charge is still $2.50...items over $10 (and even a handful as low as $5 or 6) ship free...

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Sold my first card with 71 cent shipping. Here's what I got to print out. I assume you can trim away all the whitespace to fit on a PWE or something. It put my ebay ID under my name in the return address. Seems useful but I'd rather not.
71cent-ship.jpg

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Looking forward to this. Looks like PWE are okay as well.

These should work too, correct? I never know what to do with these, perhaps a good way to recycle them. Just slap a label over the front and perhaps cover the copyright on the back with marker.

toppsnow-1.jpg

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Barry, so after doing some searching I found these 500 ct 6X8's from ecoswift for $51.99 dlvd. That's just a hair over .10 cents each. I've bought their bubble mailers before in bulk and was satisfied with them so I would hope that this cardboard is rigid enough to do the trick.
They have 1,000 ct's too but they don't appear to be as strong from the description. I normally ship in bubble packs and put two pieces of cardboard around the top loaders but for cards $20 or less this is definitely a much needed cheaper way to go.

They upped their price to $103..

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
on items under $10 my charge is still $2.50...items over $10 (and even a handful as low as $5 or 6) ship free...
I guess I should have clarified. Most sellers using padded mailers are above $4 these days. Free shipping happens, but is rare. They usually come in a PWE.

Are you just taking a loss on yours or are you shipping in a PWE?

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
I guess I should have clarified. Most sellers using padded mailers are above $4 these days. Free shipping happens, but is rare. They usually come in a PWE.

Are you just taking a loss on yours or are you shipping in a PWE?
i never use pwe's...everything i ship goes either bubble mailer or priority...

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I don't think this new system is going to work like ebay intends. My first order shipped via Ebay Envelope arrived today. The tracking number is printed in the top left corner, and there's no proper scannable bar code (what looks like a bar code on the envelope has postal uses, but for automated sorting, not for delivery scans). Were I to get one of these to deliver, I would not know there's any kind of tracking on it. Furthermore, my item says it was out for delivery today in the Providence RI 02904 zip code. That's where the main RI hub is, and that's what's encoded in that bar code. Boring technical reasons explain why a non-delivery barcode would trigger an "out for delivery" message. Anyways, I'm curious to know if anyone who has received an item shipped this way have noticed a similar issue.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I don't think this new system is going to work like ebay intends. My first order shipped via Ebay Envelope arrived today. The tracking number is printed in the top left corner, and there's no proper scannable bar code (what looks like a bar code on the envelope has postal uses, but for automated sorting, not for delivery scans). Were I to get one of these to deliver, I would not know there's any kind of tracking on it. Furthermore, my item says it was out for delivery today in the Providence RI 02904 zip code. That's where the main RI hub is, and that's what's encoded in that bar code. Boring technical reasons explain why a non-delivery barcode would trigger an "out for delivery" message. Anyways, I'm curious to know if anyone who has received an item shipped this way have noticed a similar issue.

I've gotten three cards this way now and at no point have I been able to track them. The seller gave me a "tracking number" on one but it never showed anything but an origin scan on the day it was delivered. If nothing else at least if people use the cardboard mailers and this label it should protect cards better and still be cheap I guess.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I've gotten three cards this way now and at no point have I been able to track them. The seller gave me a "tracking number" on one but it never showed anything but an origin scan on the day it was delivered. If nothing else at least if people use the cardboard mailers and this label it should protect cards better and still be cheap I guess.

I took my Ebay Envelope to work with me and scanned it, just to see what's encoded in that not-actually-a-tracking-barcode. As I thought, it's all the sorting info, the ending encoding the destination Zip+4, and the beginning was a string of numbers that has meaning for some machine, but didn't have any part of the ES tracking # printed on the envelope.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I just sold a few of my cheaper cards through EBAY and when I went to print out the label, it cost me $0.71.. I am shipping in the cardboard mailers that EBAY suggested to me..

UPDATE: The cardboard mailers that are linked in the e-mail from EBAY do not work.. The postal clerks said they are stiff and are not bendable.. The envelope need to be bendable for these to work with the cheap shipping..

Last edited:

AKCards

Feb 8, 2021
So basically this service is under $1, and confirms when the post office receives the letter. But after that there is no tracking until it’s delivered?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
For the first package I've shipped using this service, it looks like you get full tracking. Of course, it has to actually be scanned at each stop along the way, but that problem has always existed.

• Feb 6, 2021
  • 11:28am
  • Delivered
  • Feb 6, 2021
  • 3:14am
  • Out for Delivery
  • OAKLAND, CA 94615
  • Feb 5, 2021
  • 9:59pm
  • Out for Delivery
  • OAKLAND, CA 94615
  • Feb 5, 2021
  • 11:34am
  • Destination processing
  • OAKLAND, CA 94615
  • Feb 3, 2021
  • 11:24pm
  • Origin Processing
  • AUSTIN, TX 78710
  • Feb 3, 2021
  • 8:07pm
  • Origin Processing
  • AUSTIN, TX 78710
  • Feb 2, 2021
  • 6:39pm
  • Label created
  • Austin, TX 78722-2107
  • Feb 2, 2021
  • 10:40am
  • Tracking number provided

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I put the cards in a plain white F'n envelope and the idiots at the post office said that they should have paid for packages.. because I put the card in a top loader!!

I called EBAY about the link they have going to card board mailers which can't be used because they are stiff..

What is everyone else using?

Members online

Latest posts