Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New low cost shipping option for eBay...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DragonWagon

May 4, 2015
I use a #10 envelope, put stiff cardboard inside, blue tape card in a penny sleeve, and write do not bend. I also use printer to directly print on the envelope. I have shipped 3 cards this way without any problems using the eBay $1 shipping. Every tracking shows where it is processed and then says delivered. IMG_8300.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Danl P

Feb 21, 2021
How do you affix label to 9" x 6" envelope, if NOT printing directly onto an envelope? Rules say no plastic on envelope, so if I wanted to attach the label with tape, guess that's a no-go? thanks

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I’ve been printing and then taping down with packing tape no issue. The plastic more so refers to the type of envelope.

I’d be cautious to use a big envelope. I’ve seen issues with people using the cardboard mailers and anything bigger than a standard #10 envelope. I personally use a #6 3/4

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Had something weird happen, not sure if it’s related to the new shipping. Seller contacts me and says his card is delivered to a different town, which I confirm. And then he tells me happens a lot. Never heard of this before, and not really sure why the guy keeps buying stuff.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Had something weird happen, not sure if it’s related to the new shipping. Seller contacts me and says his card is delivered to a different town, which I confirm. And then he tells me happens a lot. Never heard of this before, and not really sure why the guy keeps buying stuff.

He needs to contact the post office to get his address correct about the miss-deliveries.. Also, he should double check EBAY/Paypal to make sure his address is correct as well..

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Ugh second buyer today saying tracking shows received and they didn’t get it. This one has zero feedback though. I feel like I did everything I needed to as a seller, not sure what to do.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Got my first two purchases in using this new option and both came in quickly, were well packed, in top loads with padding around them, and cards arrived in great shape.

Will probably try it myself for under $10 inserts instead of COMC...

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I delivered one of these for the first time today, and if I didn't know what it was, there is zero chance it would have received any kind of scan. If they run through the machines with all the letters, then that's how they come to the carriers, and we do not scan non-tracking barcodes on letters. It just doesn't happen. That so-called "tracking number" isn't even a valid number; it comes up as an invalid barcode if it is typed in by hand into our scanners. The only ways these will receive a scan is if the carrier sees it and knows what it is (I know this guy is a collector so I've been on the lookout for one), or if we receive it hand-sorted into our small scannable parcels. That would mean it didn't go through the postal system the way ebay intends these to work.

I also received one of these in the mail today, and it didn't get any update scans at all, just "Label Created", and that's it. As far as ebay knows, it was never even brought to a PO.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Here is a question for the masses. We should be happy that this is a low cost option to the $4 mailer, but what do you think is a reasonable price to charge? Like anything, it will eventually inflate over time, but fresh and new, fair price for this method?

I got one today (probably my 3rd or 4th received since this program went live) and with any PWE, I always check to see what I was charged. I guess i am one of those people that thinks you should get what you pay for and not pay for what you don't get. This particular seller charged me $2.50 and the item was a signed business card. Although I am happy to have only paid $2.50 for a package as opposed to $4, I feel as though I was severely overcharged given how it came and what the seller had to pay. I have always felt that shipping fees should cover your direct expenses for the shipment (postage and materials) only. Factoring your labor, gas, vehicle insurance, foul weather trip surcharge, bad mood fee, etc. is a bit much and for most small ebay businesses, not reasonable. That is the tricky part of auctions. Flat price sellers can build whatever overhead into their price that they want/need and the buyer either buys or finds it elsewhere, but auction sellers seem to think that s/h is the all around cost/fee recuperation method.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Here is a question for the masses. We should be happy that this is a low cost option to the $4 mailer, but what do you think is a reasonable price to charge? Like anything, it will eventually inflate over time, but fresh and new, fair price for this method?

I got one today (probably my 3rd or 4th received since this program went live) and with any PWE, I always check to see what I was charged. I guess i am one of those people that thinks you should get what you pay for and not pay for what you don't get. This particular seller charged me $2.50 and the item was a signed business card. Although I am happy to have only paid $2.50 for a package as opposed to $4, I feel as though I was severely overcharged given how it came and what the seller had to pay. I have always felt that shipping fees should cover your direct expenses for the shipment (postage and materials) only. Factoring your labor, gas, vehicle insurance, foul weather trip surcharge, bad mood fee, etc. is a bit much and for most small ebay businesses, not reasonable. That is the tricky part of auctions. Flat price sellers can build whatever overhead into their price that they want/need and the buyer either buys or finds it elsewhere, but auction sellers seem to think that s/h is the all around cost/fee recuperation method.

When I first started posting the $1 shipping on EBAY, some numbnut paid the $1 shipping before I could send out the invoice.. Since it was over $20, EBAY should not have let that happen..
Now I list items with a $4 fee and when an item sell, I give the customer the option of a PWE or a bubble mailer.. They are still selecting the bubble mailer over the $1 mailer..

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I get the idea behind the $20, but is ebay insuring the transaction? If not, why would it matter if I were comfortable having a $5o shipped that way, it shpould be between the buyer and seller, not ebay.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I charge $1. Anything over $1.50 is gouging for a PWE.

My understanding there is some sort of 3rd party insurance/protection built into the program which explains the limit. This tracking does not appear on USPS which some buyers are not grasping yet. Overall, I think it has worked well. I’ve mailed nearly 25 things. 1 was never scanned, 1 seems to be held up somewhere, and the rest are being marked as delivered. They are being scanned by the postage sorting machines. I’ve noticed the ones in real envelopes are marked as delivered the day they show up and also appear in my Informed Delivery email. The ones sent in cardboard mailers never appear in Informed Delivery and usually are marked delivered a day or 2 before they actually are

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I charge $1. Anything over $1.50 is gouging for a PWE.

My understanding there is some sort of 3rd party insurance/protection built into the program which explains the limit. This tracking does not appear on USPS which some buyers are not grasping yet. Overall, I think it has worked well. I’ve mailed nearly 25 things. 1 was never scanned, 1 seems to be held up somewhere, and the rest are being marked as delivered. They are being scanned by the postage sorting machines. I’ve noticed the ones in real envelopes are marked as delivered the day they show up and also appear in my Informed Delivery email. The ones sent in cardboard mailers never appear in Informed Delivery and usually are marked delivered a day or 2 before they actually are

So they are allowing your cardboard mailers to go thru?

Members online

Latest posts