Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New major undertaking ... Torii Hunter (Twins uni only) PC, with pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Thanks ! Just sent him a PM seeing if there's any wiggle room at all. Praying there is.

Not close to where I want to be with JJ, but it's just getting impossible on any forum or outlet to trade / buy them for the eBay going rate. Folks want stupid money for stuff that should be and is going for $30 less (for higher end stuff). I've got enough where I won't get rid of anything at all, but I'm not going to spend money on cards as if it was 2011 and it's the first month of the year, when his stuff was absolutely white hot.

As for the new collection, I'm always looking for different collections, especially if I can buy in relatively cheap. Thought about Hunter, Fred McGriff, Steve Finley & Roberto Alomar and decided to go with Hunter, because he was a Minnesota Twin, that I always enjoyed watching him play, he had fun on the field and he had a bunch of the early to mid 00's stuff, so I wouldn't run out of stuff to pursue immediately. Good luck picking a new collection !!! (Maybe a Trevor Hoffman or McGriff / Alomar, since weren't they both former Padres for a few moments :p )
So true. I won't touch anything I don't feel comfortable paying for. I let a few Caminiti cards go because I got so used to paying so little for them. One card came up that sold for over 300 dollars. I couldn't believe it. I rather just let the ridiculously overpriced stuff sit on my want list.

I think the Hunter collection is awesome. You can tell he is a good guy and it seems like he always enjoys playing the game. I thought about super collecting Gwynn but I'm to much of a completist. He has over 8,000 different cards with a bunch of high end stuff. I would have to be a millionaire to super collect him and feel good about my collection.

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
Excellent cards! Wish I had same luck with my Alex Rios collection. Once I snagged some of the most dificult ones everything seems to slow down almost to a halt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Last edited:

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Dave, here's a SGA from 2002 that I have an extra of. PM me your address.

gold.jpg
gold_0001.jpg

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Greg - Platinum Fleer Patch is /49, I think, if it's the rounded corners version.

Don't have that Pristine yet. Sorta holding off on some stuff to try for a major one, unless I can flip some Verlander / Cain type auto's quickly. PM coming on that SGA Hunter too ! Thank you very much !

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Got a few today & yesterday that I'll have pics up of tomorrow. Nothing of dire importance.

spikes

Jan 2, 2009
Need this one? Let me know.

2012-10-26090358.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Great Looking cards...

Somewhere around here I have a Spiderman auto..

Do I need to have you guys do a bidding war over it.. :lol:

I'll look for it when I get home from work and scan it in...

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Spikes - I do ! LMK what you need for it.

Greg - I'm gonna powerbomb you at TwinsFest :evil: :lol:

Kevin - I'd be interested. We could all figure something out.

Here's today's / yesterday's mail:

DSC09170.jpg

#'d/100

DSC09168.jpg

#'d/100

DSC09171.jpg

#'d/25

DSC09172.jpg

#'d/10

DSC09167.jpg

#'d/5 :)

Members online