Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New major undertaking ... Torii Hunter (Twins uni only) PC, with pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
plastic - Thanks man ! Again, always wanted to collect someone of the most fun time in baseball collecting history (IMO) and I think Hunter fits the bill nicely !

Harry - I'll check to see what you've got and thank you !

Gracie - I'd be interested in everything up through 1997, in the Twins uni. Just one copy of each though. LMK and thanks again !

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Always loved the Spiderman autos. But he wouldn't sign "Spiderman" when I asked him at Twinsfest once. He said it with a smile, so I guess it was one of those contract things, or he'd have to sign it for everybody. Still a nice guy.

Time for more GU!

0003.jpg

#25/25
th2_0001.jpg

#88/250
th2_0002.jpg

th4_0001.jpg

0004.jpg

0005.jpg

More to come! And autographs, too!

Last edited:

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Today's mail:

DSC09066.jpg

#'d/37

DSC09067.jpg

#'d/72

DSC09068.jpg

#'d/25

DSC09069.jpg

#'d/50

DSC09070.jpg

DSC09071.jpg

#'d/99

DSC09073.jpg

#'d/50

DSC09072.jpg

#'d/50

DSC09074.jpg

#'d/149

DSC09075.jpg

#'d/48

DSC09076.jpg

#'d/48

DSC09077.jpg

#'d/48

DSC09078.jpg

#'d/48

DSC09080.jpg

#'d/48

DSC09081.jpg

#'d/48

DSC09082.jpg

#'d/48 (2nd)

DSC09079.jpg

#'d/39

DSC09083.jpg

#'d/374

DSC09084.jpg

#'d/25

DSC09084.jpg

#'d/25

DSC09087.jpg

#'d/24

DSC09089.jpg

#'d/25

DSC09090.jpg

#'d/85 (w/Bo Jackson & Alex Rios)

DSC09091.jpg

#'d/50 (w/Lenny Dykstra & Jason Lane)

DSC09091.jpg

#'d/50 (w/Bo Jackson & Alex Rios)

DSC09093.jpg

#'d/15

Hope everyone enjoys !

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Didn't realize Hunter had so many nice cards. What do you do for a living man? Looks like you drop major cash on cards all the time.

I feel like I'm getting to addicted lately and have the feeling that I want to start dumping some stuff lol

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Didn't realize Hunter had so many nice cards. What do you do for a living man? Looks like you drop major cash on cards all the time.

I feel like I'm getting to addicted lately and have the feeling that I want to start dumping some stuff lol

That's the awesome part, lol. I have a XXXXty job, lol. I work at a grocery store and don't make NEARLY what everyone thinks I spend on cards. I pay the bills, get food and then use some funds for cards and then bank a little when possible. Just gotta make sure there's money for diapers ! Also helps not driving everywhere or anything like that. Living in a small ass town is a big plus. Today's mail, minus the Leaf Limited auto / jersey #'d/25, was an incredible steal of a deal. I don't think many people could believe what I paid for all of them, again, minus the Leaf Limited 2003 Dual Jersey / Auto #'d/25.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I've always liked Hunter because he plays with a smile on his face and seems like he genuinely has fun. He can be funny in interviews too.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Thanks for the compliments, fella's !

Devin - Love that bat !!!

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Greg - I store all collections in 3,200 ct boxes. Need something better, since getting 1 touches and the super thick top loads in there is a monumental struggle :( Have one lot that should be here tomorrow and then another couple coming in the coming weeks, so, the Hunter PC should blow up to well over 200 cards by deer hunting opener.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
That's the awesome part, lol. I have a XXXXty job, lol. I work at a grocery store and don't make NEARLY what everyone thinks I spend on cards. I pay the bills, get food and then use some funds for cards and then bank a little when possible. Just gotta make sure there's money for diapers ! Also helps not driving everywhere or anything like that. Living in a small ass town is a big plus. Today's mail, minus the Leaf Limited auto / jersey #'d/25, was an incredible steal of a deal. I don't think many people could believe what I paid for all of them, again, minus the Leaf Limited 2003 Dual Jersey / Auto #'d/25.

Thats funny because I work at grocery stores too! What made you want to start another massive player collection? Do you have almost all of JJ's cards? I'm contemplating starting another player collection now that my Caminiti collection feels pretty complete.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN

Thanks ! Just sent him a PM seeing if there's any wiggle room at all. Praying there is.

Thats funny because I work at grocery stores too! What made you want to start another massive player collection? Do you have almost all of JJ's cards? I'm contemplating starting another player collection now that my Caminiti collection feels pretty complete.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Not close to where I want to be with JJ, but it's just getting impossible on any forum or outlet to trade / buy them for the eBay going rate. Folks want stupid money for stuff that should be and is going for $30 less (for higher end stuff). I've got enough where I won't get rid of anything at all, but I'm not going to spend money on cards as if it was 2011 and it's the first month of the year, when his stuff was absolutely white hot.

As for the new collection, I'm always looking for different collections, especially if I can buy in relatively cheap. Thought about Hunter, Fred McGriff, Steve Finley & Roberto Alomar and decided to go with Hunter, because he was a Minnesota Twin, that I always enjoyed watching him play, he had fun on the field and he had a bunch of the early to mid 00's stuff, so I wouldn't run out of stuff to pursue immediately. Good luck picking a new collection !!! (Maybe a Trevor Hoffman or McGriff / Alomar, since weren't they both former Padres for a few moments :p )

Members online

Latest posts