LOL, well that's Saw for you! Always "hacking" open it's "insides" and "body" of work just to see what's inside, ignoring the "gooey" good parts and "sewing" it closed with a remote detonated bomb.Ok, here is what happened....
1. They made the plans for Saw 7 and 8 at the same time Saw 6 was being made, a trilogy of sorts.
2. The doctor guy (also in Princess Bride movie btw) was done suing them and agreed to be in 7+8. :lol:
3. Saw 6 comes out and its much better than Saw 4 or 5 (terrible movies) but Paranormal Activities came out that month too so it didn't make $$$
4. They say "fck it, if we cant make $ off this sht lets just merge most of 7 and 8 into one movie".
5. Then they leave the finish open-ended just in case they came back for another, where Hoffman would have escaped.
Then they just blow it up cuz, hey why not, it's a torture flick after all.