Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Not baseball related but John Wooden passes away at 99...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jetsrule4

Aug 16, 2008
Hallsgator said:
jetsrule4 said:
Probably the saddest news in a long time in sports.
Greatest Coach ever to all, teacher to anybody who would listen. A man with every correct moral a man could want.
Wizard of Westwood ,
RIP John Wooden
You're serious? I don't mean to speak ill, but he was far from moral. He was much worse than Calipari.
Yes. Calipari is jut an a-hole and cant cover his damn tracks :mrgreen:

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
John Wooden was the man.

He retired in Encino, CA about 10 minutes from where I live and in the same city where I attended high school. Even in his advanced years, Wooden was a regular a great breakfast place called Vip's Cafe (http://www.yelp.com/biz/vips-cafe-tarzana) and would always stop and talk to anyone wanting to shake hands with the great coach. And Wooden was as quick as a whip; he remembered everything about the people he talked to.

Anyway, Wooden led a full life in every sense of the word--and I don't mean that sarcastically. He had a profound impact on people's lives. From the players he coached to those people looking for a handshake at Vip's, he will be remembered.

Members online

Latest posts