Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

not getting notices ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
weird things on net ---guess all to be shut down under new xxxx . Heard Cali trying to ban two way radios

TooTallToma

Feb 9, 2019
Rochester New York
Receive a notification when someone…

Posts in a watched forum

• Alert

Replies to a watched thread

• Alert

Quotes your message

• Alert

Mentions you in a message

• Alert

Reacts to your message

• Alert

Mentions you in a profile post or comment

• Alert

Reacts to your profile post

• Alert

Comments on your profile or status

• Alert

Comments on your profile posts for other members

• Alert

Also comments on a profile post

• Alert

Reacts to your profile post comment

• Alert

Reacts to your message in a conversation

• Alert

Starts following you

• Alert

Awards you a new trophy

• Alert

mjda

May 2, 2012
I think what's happening here is that you all are expecting emails, which isn't how the notification system works on XenForo. To see your alerts, now, you'll need to click the "bell" icon at the top right. That's where your "alerts" will be shown.

The only thing you can receive an email from is when members interact with a topic, or forum, that you have "watched". For that, you'd look higher on the preferences page, here:

Automatically watch content you create…
and receive email notifications
Automatically watch content you interact with…
and receive email notifications

One last comment - I think I understand this as follows - if I start a thread and get a response I will get an email unless it is just a thumbs up then an alert; if I respond to someone else's thread I will not get an email but will get an alert. Anyway that is how it seems to be working for me. I get emails on my thread but not on my responding to others - I just get an alert. This is o.k. just want to be sure I understand.
Thanks.

mjda

May 2, 2012
One last comment - I think I understand this as follows - if I start a thread and get a response I will get an email unless it is just a thumbs up then an alert; if I respond to someone else's thread I will not get an email but will get an alert. Anyway that is how it seems to be working for me. I get emails on my thread but not on my responding to others - I just get an alert. This is o.k. just want to be sure I understand.
Thanks.

There is a setting to get an email when you interact with someone else's thread too.

See the screenshot below for the setting you'd be looking for.

email.png

It's probably worth noting that you will only get 1 email from any thread until you "read" the thread.

Members online