Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Not Very Happy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trcardcollector

Aug 9, 2008
disengager said:
mazarazz said:
I'm sure others feel the same way when someone on the internet attempts to assume they know everything about ones family life and how it should be run.

The kid is collecting baseball cards and his dad is imposing his will over him. It's not like the kid is trying to justify why doing crack is ok. It's a pretty cut and dry situation really.

+1

disengager, I've agreed with a lot of your posts in this thread.

sorry for the hijack op.

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
The OP should have his best friends dad beat up his dad while the OP sits there drinking beer and getting drunk.

EDIT: 101 WAHOOOOOOOOO

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Tomlinson21RB said:
Look at the bright side... at least you'll have more money for underage drinking and partying.
The best part of my growing up that I can't remember!

Got nailed for 2 underages in the same month when I was 18. Took them both to court and beat them myself, lol. It was a pretty good feeling.

Anyways, have a talk with your dad. Tell him it's what keeps you sane. Tell him it keeps you motivated, or that the people on the cards are role models to you. Or if you want to go another route, tell him you'll quit sports if you have to quit sports cards. Heck, smack him across the face and ask him if he knows the money involved in the business.

I never really dealt with you situation though. My dad never really understood the hole card thing (I'm 22 now by the way), but he never had a problem with it.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I think it is somewhat odd that a father would ask this of his son, but I also think that you should do what your father asks you too as long as you live under his roof (he says quit collecting card's, then you should quit collecting card's)....It's a little thing called respecting thy parent's (especially when they are allowing you to live under thier roof). Just my opinion (but I'm in the 30 range so I'm probably in the minority in this thread). :D

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Derek2011 said:
jeremy said:
dude this is what you do

tell your dad that since you dropped the whole card thing the chicks have been all over you. then later you bring a girl home who has a big gut and tell him that shes your gf and shes preggers. in order to get the chick to go along with this bribe her with some money or some chicken mcnuggets. he is sure to get pissed off any day of the week. even the 3 imaginary ones you made up.

Nomination for POST OF THE YEAR. Dont think it can be topped

I think Jeremy is the reincarnation of Bluto (Animal House reference).

RandomH

Derek2011 said:
jeremy said:
dude this is what you do

tell your dad that since you dropped the whole card thing the chicks have been all over you. then later you bring a girl home who has a big gut and tell him that shes your gf and shes preggers. in order to get the chick to go along with this bribe her with some money or some chicken mcnuggets. he is sure to get pissed off any day of the week. even the 3 imaginary ones you made up.

Nomination for POST OF THE YEAR. Dont think it can be topped
Agreed, perhaps the greatest thing ever written by makind.

Members online