Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Number 1 Selling jersey in the nfl...Manning? Brady? Nope.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Though I don't personally like the guy, maybe it'll draw some more people to the hobby. Who knows?

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Everyone who wants a Manning or Brady jersey probably has one by now.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Card Magnet said:
I'm must admit I'm surprised he is #1 over the new McNabb Redskins which is #2.
I'm honestly surprised that people pay full price for jerseys. I guess they probably include the crappy ones, but there are most likely plenty of $250 jerseys sold in that figure.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
It was only for the month of April, so really its not that big of surprise considering he did go to one of the more popular teams in the NFL. Im sure he will have the top selling jersey for a few months anyways.

As far as Groats question and him wondering if it will attract any new people to the hobby? It's gonna attract a ton of new people into the hobby. It might not attract people that will become hobby freaks like we all are, but it will definitely attract some people to pick up Tebow cards who haven't bought cards in years and years (if ever). Unless some new rookie really starts ripping up the league when the season starts, i would imagine that Tim Tebow is gonna be one of top 3 rookies to pull this year. It wont actually surprise me if Tebows RC prices are very near or on par with Bradford's this year (Who knows they might even be higher than Bradfords, especially if he gets a couple starts).

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
It was only for the month of April, so really its not that big of surprise considering he did go to one of the more popular teams in the NFL. Im sure he will have the top selling jersey for a few months anyways.

As far as Groats question and him wondering if it will attract any new people to the hobby? It's gonna attract a ton of new people into the hobby. It might not attract people that will become hobby freaks like we all are, but it will definitely attract some people to pick up Tebow cards who haven't bought cards in years and years (if ever). Unless some new rookie really starts ripping up the league when the season starts, i would imagine that Tim Tebow is gonna be one of top 3 rookies to pull this year. It wont actually surprise me if Tebows RC prices are very near or on par with Bradford's this year (Who knows they might even be higher than Bradfords, especially if he gets a couple starts).

I agree, he's going to draw new fans to the game and to collecting. As I call it, the "Red Grange" effect. :lol:

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
I found this interesting. Ray Lewis's thoughts on Tebow -

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -received/

Also -

'Though Lewis stopped short of saying that this will make Tebow a target of opposing defenders (the Broncos play at Baltimore on October 10), Tebow's bigger concern should be ironing out any hard feelings that may arise in his own locker room, where others may not be thrilled by the budding love affair between Tebow and the fan base and/or Tebow and the head coach.'

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
I am in the minority on this board who thinks Tim Tebow will be the starting qb and succeed at it in 2 years. In fact. I am debating collecting his stuff this year.

I am sorry, i know he has mechanics issues, and all kinds of other things NOT going for him. However, dude is a winner and I cannot see him NOT succeeding. I just can't.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
hawkfandan said:
I found this interesting. Ray Lewis's thoughts on Tebow -

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -received/

Also -

'Though Lewis stopped short of saying that this will make Tebow a target of opposing defenders (the Broncos play at Baltimore on October 10), Tebow's bigger concern should be ironing out any hard feelings that may arise in his own locker room, where others may not be thrilled by the budding love affair between Tebow and the fan base and/or Tebow and the head coach.'

I love the locker room comment. I have never heard a negative comment about Tebow as a team mate so I don't know why others would suddenly have problems with him. As long as Tebow isn't arrogant, lazy, or irresponsible he'll have no problems in the locker room. IMO Lewis' ego might be a little threatened b/c he's known as one of the league's ultimate leaders and here comes "some rookie" who has a similar reputation and is recieving a ton of press.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Ryo1549 said:
I am in the minority on this board who thinks Tim Tebow will be the starting qb and succeed at it in 2 years. In fact. I am debating collecting his stuff this year.

I am sorry, i know he has mechanics issues, and all kinds of other things NOT going for him. However, dude is a winner and I cannot see him NOT succeeding. I just can't.

I can see him being successful, just not as an everyday-starting-NFL QB. Plus, I'm not a big McDaniels fan, and I don't think that Denver is going to get better, only worse. And I think the rest of that division will get better over the next coupla years.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
In other news, there are record reports of jersey burnings all over denver. Maybe its just a coincidence.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
Ryo1549 said:

I ******* hate that argument. Labelling someone as a "winner" is completely subjective and completely in relation to the team around him. Tebow doesnt have the skill, and the team he is now playing on is worse without Marshall. Did you ever think that he was just a winner because he played in one of the best programs in College football? Look how many of his teammates are playing in the pros right now.

Being good in college doesnt mean anything when transferring to the pros. Its a different level of play which Tebow doesnt seem at all ready for.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts