Anyone on here ever heard of a "Temporary Buying Limit" placed on their account by StupidBay (eBay for most of you)? If you sold a Ripken card the last couple of days, pretty good chance you lost some money especially if I needed/wanted your card. My snipes records show at least 30 auctions my bid wasn't even considered. Here's just one of the examples showing just how much (potentially) this seller could have made. Bare in mind, I placed a snipe in 13 of his auctions that ended last night.
153674861078 - 2005 Prime Cuts Timeline Triple Relic MVP 7/10 Cal Ripken - SOLD FOR 18.27 USD - my highest bid $66.66. Trust me when I tell you, all my snipes are at least three times higher than the winning bid. What a shame stupidBay would do this. The seller lost, I lost and stupidBay made less (they can pat themselves on the back)... CONGRATULATIONS to the winning bidder...
I don't know how long this is going to last, so this might be the last card for a minute....
I personally have never encountered this issue. Do you fall into the criteria of either not paying for items, slow payments or cancelation requests? Do you already have your Paypal linked to your Ebay account, otherwise what is your payment method? Does Ebay have a policy on snipe programs? In the two decades + of being on Ebay, I have found it best just to call them when an issue arises and have yet to have an issue left unresolved.You've reached a temporary buying limit.
• To make sure buyers don't bid on or buy more than they're comfortable with, we occasionally place limits on buying activity.
• In some cases, limits are placed because there are too many unpaid items or cancellation requests on a buyer’s account.
Here are some ways to raise your limits:
• Increase your number of successful transactions by purchasing any Buy It Now item using PayPal.
• Pay for any items in your shopping cart.
• Go to My eBay > Account > PayPal Account, and then select Link my PayPal account. It may take 24 hours for your PayPal account to be linked.
So, to try to help fix the situation, my dumb ass spent a little over $500 on BIN's hoping they'll remove this buying limit crap in time for last night's or today's auctions. I just checked, no such luck. Dealing with tis and the TAXES they're automatically charging now, I might be done with stupidBay.... MIGHT...