Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Jeff Bagwell Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Its one of a group of computer wallpapers i found long ago. Did one for berkman and biggio too. You have the berkman now, i think...

i printed them up and added the autos from those index card autos i gave you. I gave the biggio one to nick though...

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Cool. Reason I ask is I have the same exact picture, but the picture is signed. Was at an auto appearance for Bagwell back in 2008 and a guy had an extra he gave me. Man, we went through the line so many times, I ran out of stuff to get signed. Only wish my collection was bigger at the time. Would have loved to get all his rookies signed.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Cool. Reason I ask is I have the same exact picture, but the picture is signed. Was at an auto appearance for Bagwell back in 2008 and a guy had an extra he gave me. Man, we went through the line so many times, I ran out of stuff to get signed. Only wish my collection was bigger at the time. Would have loved to get all his rookies signed.

At least you have met him. The closest Ive been is seeing him play the Giants back in the 90s. Coolest thing was one time he was playing in town on his birthday. I went and made a "Happy Birthday Bags" sign, but I never knew if he saw it or not.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
Worked overnight last night so I have the day off today. This weeks pickups:

2003 Donruss Gamers Autograph 2/5
Completes the run of 03 Donruss Gamers

2014 Topps Supreme Supreme Stylings Autographs Printing Plate Black 1/1

2015 National Treasures Notable Nicknames 5/25 (jersey #)

2015 Topps Dynasty Blue JB2 1/10

2015 Topps Archives Signature '00 Topps HD 1/1

2015 Topps Archives Signature '93 Stadium Club 2/2
That gets me up to 17 Topps Archives Autographs

Dan

Last edited:

WalfordFan

Feb 11, 2016
Anybody interested in 2015 tek bagwell 1/1? I'm new here and haven't figured out how to post picture. Haha

bags1of1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Check this out. Just came in the mail today. This makes 3 out of 4. I had no idea they did prototypes for all 4. Would seem odd if they didn't do one for card 3...

1455239878143.jpg
1455239893257.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Freedom Card Board mobile app

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I guess so. Between this and the different Autographed cards, this MJB series is a real conundrum.

What bugs me is the fact that the autos may or may not be hand numbered. The checklist says /500. The ones that are numbered are to /125. And then we have some unnumbered ones. Makes me want to go on a spending spree to buy every unopened set just to see what I can pull to get an answer.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
Check this out. Just came in the mail today. This makes 3 out of 4. I had no idea they did prototypes for all 4. Would seem odd if they didn't do one for card 3...

View attachment 59405
View attachment 59406

Sent from my SM-N910T using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Not so sure about the legitimacy of these R4 promos.

The R1 are legitimate. The R2, I had read somewhere there was a question of whether these were real or not as they have the prototype text on the back in a different font and location than the R1. I think I've even seen "prototype" in more the 1 variation on the R2 backs. I don't currently own one and that is the reason why I haven't picked one up.

I saw this card when it was listed and when I inspected the scan it appeared to me as if the "prototype" printing was printed over the wording on the back, where as on the R1 prototype the text is clearly printed over the "prototype" printing. While I can't say for sure because I don't have the card in hand, that was my impression from the scans. These are the reasons that I passed on this card when it was listed.

IMHO I really only think that only the R1 is legitimate because I don't see why they would make 2 different promos with 2 completely different prototype text/placement. Also I think it makes the most sense that they either made one card a promo or all cards as promos as some sort of "promo set" and there is no R3 that I have ever seen, nor have the cards appeared in near similar quantities.

Just my opinion take it for what its worth.

Dan

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
I've worked 30 hours in the past 2 days. Finally had some time off to scan my new pickups:

1999 Finest Prominent Figures HR 5/70 (Jersey #)
This gives me an extra one of these. If any of you guys are interested in buying or trading for it let me know before I offer it up in the 90s insert thread.

1999 Finest Team Finest Gold
Got one with the Film.

2004 Donruss Classics Jersey Autograph /5

2004 Sweet Spot Sweet Threads Patch /25
Really love the Bagwell patch which completes the other half of this patch

And comes from the 2000 enron field patch
s-l300.jpg

which also ties in this one as well

2005 Playoff Prestige NL Central Champions

2015 National Treasures Silhouette Patches /25

2015 National Treasures Silhouette Patches Green /5
All I need now is the 1/1, though I do have to say that I wish they didn't use the small jersey logo in such a big patch space. It doesn't look nearly as good as any of the other ones with the large patches in the big window. They should have saved it for a small patch window card and made it awesome looking like they did with the 2014 Immaculate patches.

2015 Topps Archives Signature 1996 Topps Power Boosters 1/1
Makes 18 now

Thanks for looking
Dan

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Aw Dan, you wound up with that Prestige... I had my eye on it, but forgot about it when bidding time came.

Was that Prominent Figures in that lot listed a week ago? I had my eye on that as well. If you have a spare, I'd be interested, if the price wasn't too bad. LMK

Members online