Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I wonder how many people miss the stealth serial #'s on the back of these..." Or, why they chose to do that in the first place at all?

That being said I still really like those gold labels.

1999_Topps_GoldLabel_C1_Gold.jpg 1999_Topps_GoldLabel_C1_Black.jpg

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Latest Addition, pretty happy. Don't mind the condition because I have searched for a copy for a while.

I still need the Biggio though. :x

14.jpg

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
AndruwHRJones said:
Thanks to jeffv96masters for the free grade in his contest! The only gem from the whole set so far.

1998PINPLATGOLDTEST.jpg

WOW, now that is HOT!!
Man do I miss the 90's!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
AndruwHRJones said:
Thanks to jeffv96masters for the free grade in his contest! The only gem from the whole set so far.

1998PINPLATGOLDTEST.jpg

Looks like that little defect was acceptable for BGS, nice grade on a tough card.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
George_Calfas said:
AndruwHRJones said:

Looks like that little defect was acceptable for BGS, nice grade on a tough card.

What defect are you referring to?

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
NECpilgrims8 said:
Latest Addition, pretty happy. Don't mind the condition because I have searched for a copy for a while.

I still need the Biggio though. :x

14.jpg

Great card. Mines in similar shape, but like you I don't mind as it is the only one I've seen.

platinum1001998.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Re: "RARE" 90's Inserts.... #2

tonsofcommons said:
gwynn5453l4u said:
tonsofcommons said:

Ooohhhh! I really like that card!!!!!

Checkout the serial numbering :^)

That was a pull!

Russ S. said:
tonsofcommons said:
Most expensive Pacific card I have and I paid a whopping 10 cents for it. Serial numbered 1/49.
scan0042.jpg

The Ripken was actually a dime box find at a show. I knew th base was $8 BV, so I figured for 10 cents it was worth it. When I got home, I told my wife "it would be cool if one of these was the rare numbered parallel" and about 4 cards later, found that beauty. I have to admit, I did jump around a little bit.

So a $96 card for 10 cents?Nice snag!!!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
AndruwHRJones said:
George_Calfas said:
AndruwHRJones said:

What defect are you referring to?

Just below his left foot, appears most of these have a blemish where the dufex is not complete.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Thanks Russ. I will do that. I do have some semi-low #ed Ripkens that you may need that I am sure we can work something out for.

Thanks for the congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online