Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
If you filter in sold lots you will see the a Green sample lot ended on Feb 15 and sold for $8,200 on 63 bids and a Purple lot sold for $13,800 on 45 bids. Most of the big guys outside of Jeter - e.g., included were Griffey, Ripken, Chipper, Randy, Pedro, Piazza

The red lot relisted with Griffey and others relisted. Some other smaller lots are also available.
Right.... adding to the curiousness.... because the greens all showed up to be flipped last week on ebay lol..... likely we ll see many more "90s" lots like that soon too.... several have sold as lots that will get pieced out.... interesting clustered timing

bisioml

Nov 13, 2013
Speaking of Executive Samples, I was the lucky winner on this complete set of 1997 Zenith Z-Team Executives awhile back, and I'm still looking for a Clemens and Larry Walker collector to take these. All the others have already been sold. If someone can point me in the right direction or point them in the direction to me, I'd appreciate it. Here are the photos of the set, sans the Griffey, which I kept for my collection, and individual photos of the Clemens and Walker.20240207_152731.jpeg20240207_152717.jpeg20240207_163830.jpeg20240207_163842.jpeg20240207_164148.jpeg20240207_164204.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
If you filter in sold lots you will see the a Green sample lot ended on Feb 15 and sold for $8,200 on 63 bids and a Purple lot sold for $13,800 on 45 bids. Most of the big guys outside of Jeter - e.g., included were Griffey, Ripken, Chipper, Randy, Pedro, Piazza

The red lot relisted with Griffey and others relisted. Some other smaller lots are also available.

Sold for just under $36k. Will see if buyer pay this time and if these make it to eBay shortly to be pieced up.

Cool but IMHO not as exciting as the dump on COMC in 2011…that was fun!

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I was watching them to see what they finished at. I wonder if it's the same guy that got the green lot and the purple lot.

He reached out to me to see if I wanted the Edgar's but my offer was too low for him. The Green Edgar has a refractor line so I factored that into my offer. Since I didn't hear from him, I was like ok.. then the green one was listed on EBAY which I won, and he has since put the Purple on EBAY. I'm just watching it for now hoping he lists it on auction.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
@bigalbert - wife was in the hospital when you posted those slabs - good to see your still working on your Ripken registry !!

Since I haven't seen much inserts posted in this thread in a while thought I'd bump it up
While mundane inserts really don't appeal to the kids , those amongst us who are player collectors enjoy them
This series I was reminded of when I came across an @jacksoncoupage post working on something else

Back in the post below I started showing off a small fraction of my raw Red Sox PC while I cleaned up and downsized
Amongst the first posts that I made discussed some 1993 Topps Black Gold Clemens cards I had sitting by me
1993 TOPPS BLACK GOLD CLEMENS POST

Well took me 6 years to find some of them in storage, but found I many of my raw Clemens cards and sealed unopened packs from that series. Raw cards, some sealed unopened packs, and then most of the items that have Roger Clemens picture / name on them are below. Already showed off the base 1993 Topps Black Gold card in that post so I'll avoid posting it again here

So for group related stuff he was shown on that are not that Blacks Gold single card I already showed- below is the variations I found. Be advised- I have more buried from the series that were FOIL variations - just haven't located them inside the mess storage is

First pic will show off the C1 and C3 notated correct pictures- C1 being the EXCHANGE card and C3 the PRIZES card. Each variation of group cards had both an Exchange card that could be turned in for that group of players, and Prizes card that had all the players awarded on the card instantly awarded in the sealed pack

full.jpg
full.jpg

This next group shows the C2-UER uncorrected error front that shows the Group A winners- not the Group C winners it was supposed to. It also shows the correct C3 front version and an unopened pack of C3 correct version exchange cards. He has his name only is listed on the back of the incorrect C2-UER card, but no picture, so it cannot be used for registry. For the BGS registry it's required that both player name and image likeness appear on the card

full.jpg
full.jpg

Next up will be the CD Variations both the Exchange and Prizes cards

full.jpg
full.jpg

To complete the series of items I found is the slabbed ABCD Winner Exchange slabbed already and my raw ABCD Winner Prizes item

full.jpg
full.jpg

Last up is the four correct Winner Packs I found ( actually found a LOT of them just took the 4 correct variations quickly from the pile). These show all the winner packs. Be advised- while I showed off many of the series- I have a LOT more that were foil variations

I just haven't found them in the black holes of the many storage units I have

full.jpg
full.jpg

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Good stuff mate!

@bigalbert - wife was in the hospital when you posted those slabs - good to see your still working on your Ripken registry !!

Since I haven't seen much inserts posted in this thread in a while thought I'd bump it up
While mundane inserts really don't appeal to the kids , those amongst us who are player collectors enjoy them
This series I was reminded of when I came across an @jacksoncoupage post working on something else

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Another interesting 1990's variation in the Clemens PC

This one from 1994 COLLECTOR'S CHOICE SILVER SIGNATURE card #348 Red Sox Team Checklist with Clemens pictured

Correct versions of the series on the reverse side will show Gold Bars for Gold Signatures, Silver Bars for Silver Signatures, and Black bars for base items. Depending on production quality sometimes the Silver Bars look Grey

This one on the left appears to have an incorrect back ( has the Base Black Bar instead of the normal Silver Bar). Saw another one like it on COMC so I bought it ( spent $3 - I justified it selling another cheap card for $20)

I'll sub down the road after I get caught up financially from this latest hospital stay

full.jpg
full.jpg

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Another interesting 1990's variation in the Clemens PC

This one from 1994 COLLECTOR'S CHOICE SILVER SIGNATURE card #348 Red Sox Team Checklist with Clemens pictured

Correct versions of the series on the reverse side will show Gold Bars for Gold Signatures, Silver Bars for Silver Signatures, and Black bars for base items. Depending on production quality sometimes the Silver Bars look Grey

This one on the left appears to have an incorrect back ( has the Base Black Bar instead of the normal Silver Bar). Saw another one like it on COMC so I bought it ( spent $3 - I justified it selling another cheap card for $20)

I'll sub down the road after I get caught up financially from this latest hospital stay

View attachment 357704
View attachment 357705
Do you know if this can be found for all checklists?

Members online

Latest posts