Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
clarkfan said:
Didn't even matter that this card had an incorrect title. Nice Grand Finale price

$(KGrHqVHJ!sE7yElVvYoBPBg9POCeg~~60_3.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110804194807?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Wonder if it would have went for more had it been listed correctly? Seems like enough people realized what it was to drive the price up. Nice sale, hopefully someone from the boards won it!

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
AndruwHRJones said:
clarkfan said:
Didn't even matter that this card had an incorrect title. Nice Grand Finale price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110804194807?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Wonder if it would have went for more had it been listed correctly? Seems like enough people realized what it was to drive the price up. Nice sale, hopefully someone from the boards won it!

I haven't figured out who the winner is. It doesn't seem to be one of the regular Ryno spenders.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
It's a board member. I recognize the username, but I won't say anything unless he wants to disclose his win.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Only $40 bucks and you can have a pinnacle paperweight.

1997scoreAdCard.jpg

I have acquired one of these, it's about 5 inches wide...8 inches high and 2 inches thick.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
What a week of ups and downs!!!!!!!!!!!!

There may be one less 1998 Elite Status Juan Gonzalez left in the world.

Back on January 7th my ebay order of the above Juan, a 97 Flair Hot Gloves Juan, and a 98 Ultra Diamond Immortals Juan arrived a tantalizingly close 45 minutes away from me at the Charlotte NC sort facility. And it has been there ever since.

Damn it. :(

It's been a really bad week as my 1999 Pacific Prism Reds of Mark Grace and Mike Mussina arrived with the hard sleeve shattered and the cards bent in half. Since the order was from Sportlots, it was my own fault as I, out of habit, selected bargain shipping instead of premium. :benson:

On the good side my 1999 Pacific Prism Reds of Frank and Pudge (for a combined $1) arrived in good shape.

And I don't want to count my chickens yet, but I think my $66 order on Beckett from Burbank ended up being on the house after Beckett made an error on a refund, found the error, and vaguely said lucky you. I'll see if my cards arrive and then make a thread... crazy.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Did you get those promos in ok? I thought I saw a post saying they arrived, but never saw them.

That sucks to hear about the lost parcel. Knowing the postal service, you'll eventually get them. I've had packages "lost" in transit for at least a month. It's rare, but hopefully, it eventually makes it to you.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I saw this card on COMC and tried to buy it as fast as I could. I panicked when my account was 75 cents short, so I hurriedly added funds to my account. Only after I bought it did I realize it said non-numbered. What do you guys think it's worth? I thought I was getting one of those recent $330-$380 cards ::facepalm::

3dd6edf1-36f6-4998-ba4e-4c4e70ffe49c.jpg

*EDIT - added pic :oops:

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Can anybody confirm/deny whether there were MVP cards produced for the All-Topps 3 player cards in 1999 Topps series 2? They are card #'s 450-460 in the set.

I have a line from an older Beckett checklist for:
1999 Topps MVP Promotion #455 Bonds/Ramirez/Walker AT $40.00

There are cards up to # 445 on the Beckett marketplace.

From baseballcardpedia (which gets the info from Beckett I believe in this case): "MVP is a 416-card partial-parallel to the regular Topps set. Cards 200-242 (Draft Picks and Prospect, checklists, and the Mark McGwire Home Run card) was not included in the Series One set. The Draft Picks and Prospects were included in Series Two, but still, neither the checklists nor the Sammy Sosa Home Run Card is included."

If these were not made then that might be one reason why I can't find it...

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
carrsallstars said:
Can anybody confirm/deny whether there were MVP cards produced for the All-Topps 3 player cards in 1999 Topps series 2? They are card #'s 450-460 in the set.

I have a line from an older Beckett checklist for:
1999 Topps MVP Promotion #455 Bonds/Ramirez/Walker AT $40.00

There are cards up to # 445 on the Beckett marketplace.

From baseballcardpedia (which gets the info from Beckett I believe in this case): "MVP is a 416-card partial-parallel to the regular Topps set. Cards 200-242 (Draft Picks and Prospect, checklists, and the Mark McGwire Home Run card) was not included in the Series One set. The Draft Picks and Prospects were included in Series Two, but still, neither the checklists nor the Sammy Sosa Home Run Card is included."

If these were not made then that might be one reason why I can't find it...

Based on the premise of the MVP promotion, it wouldn't make sense that there were MVP parallels of the 3-player cards.

f97eb4e9-9c5b-4da5-8033-fdb47d9ccb3f.jpg

Members online

Latest posts