Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I called, it's long gone : ( . I started collecting him this year so a lot of his good stuff is long gone. Burbank only has Caminiti cards I don't have now.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I meant last year lol. I forgot it was 2012 already.

Burbank hijacks a lot of cards. Stephen that works there seems like a nice guy in emails though lol

I've had to fork over the money for a lot of my Caminiti cards from Burbank.

One day I will scan in all my rare 90's inserts for this topic.

wlalocal71

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
Anyone have any of these out there?

MondesiMVPredemption.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
PadresFan86 said:

Burbank hijacks a lot of cards. Stephen that works there seems like a nice guy in emails though lol

^^Can't wait to see your 90s inserts! One of the great things about being on FCB and this thread for me

On a side note, I don't want to hash out the Burbank topic because I feel like it comes up once a month but yes, Stephen does seem like a nice guy and is good at communication via email. In dealing with them, I've found some success just emailing and trying to work out a deal for a card or lot of cards if you have done multiple deals with them in the past. Usually there isnt' much room but I've been able to skim 5-10% off depending on how he feels I guess. I keep a close eye on their Belle stash and they easily have 40-50 cards I want/need.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
mansgame said:
PadresFan86 said:

^^Can't wait to see your 90s inserts! One of the great things about being on FCB and this thread for me

On a side note, I don't want to hash out the Burbank topic because I feel like it comes up once a month but yes, Stephen does seem like a nice guy and is good at communication via email. In dealing with them, I've found some success just emailing and trying to work out a deal for a card or lot of cards if you have done multiple deals with them in the past. Usually there isnt' much room but I've been able to skim 5-10% off depending on how he feels I guess. I keep a close eye on their Belle stash and they easily have 40-50 cards I want/need.

I'll post some within the next week lol

I understand it's a business to them and they make their money in part by selling cards no one else has for a lot of dough.

I haven't tried to haggle with them yet but will soon and hopefully they'll cut me some kind of deal since I've spent a lot of money on their cards.

Do you collect Belle? I have the following incoming and they can be hard to find.

1998 Topps Tek
Belle, Albert - Card # 47, Pattern # 19, 21

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
wlalocal71 said:

MondesiMVPredemption.jpg

I wish! There are 5 cards from each years set that I need, and I have found exactly ZERO. I think it's easier to find the pack-issued redemptions than it is to find the Exchange set.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
After missing out on the Lofton Luminaries Silver, I decided to drown my sorrow in a Burbank purchase... got the Gold - gorgeous card! :mrgreen:

1998 Topps Stars Luminaries Gold /50
LoftonLuminariesGold.jpg

Also gradedeflator pointed out that Burbank had one of the cards in my sig. How did I miss that? Now in red in my sig :cool:

RustyGoldSig.jpg

Then I noticed a new Rusty that hadn't been on Burbank before... /8! Posting in the 00's thread. Thanks gradedeflator!

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
cbrandtw said:
wlalocal71 said:

MondesiMVPredemption.jpg

I've never seen an ARod before but it's on his list.

I've also never seen either MVP promotion card from '99 of Alex.

Here's the only '99 mvp promotion I own (or have ever seen). The exchange for mac is the pic on the bottom.
f-6430.jpg
b-6430.jpg

f-5445.jpg

descott77

Dec 4, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
RustyGreerFan said:
After missing out on the Lofton Luminaries Silver, I decided to drown my sorrow in a Burbank purchase... got the Gold - gorgeous card! :mrgreen:

1998 Topps Stars Luminaries Gold /50
LoftonLuminariesGold.jpg

awesome card! burbank is holding about 20 loftons that i need...every month i buy a few to chip away at the list

wlalocal71

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
onionring9 said:
cbrandtw said:
wlalocal71 said:

MondesiMVPredemption.jpg

I've never seen an ARod before but it's on his list.

I've also never seen either MVP promotion card from '99 of Alex.

Here's the only '99 mvp promotion I own (or have ever seen). The exchange for mac is the pic on the bottom.
f-6430.jpg
b-6430.jpg

f-5445.jpg

Very nice McGwire! I pulled a 99 Piazza MVP promotion exchange card, decided to hold onto it instead of redeeming it.. I posted it a few pages back, here it is

PiazzaMVPrescan.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
wlalocal71 said:
Very nice McGwire! I pulled a 99 Piazza MVP promotion exchange card, decided to hold onto it instead of redeeming it.. I posted it a few pages back, here it is

PiazzaMVPrescan.jpg

Man that's an awesome pull. High five for holding onto it instead of redeeming it! I wish I had your restraint back in the day :)

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
ChasHawk said:
He hit one of the hardest balls i have ever seen. I can not remember the year 87 or 88 . Was the all star game at the sky dome. Hawk hit the glass of the restaurant in center field. You could hear it when it hit on the tv. What a blast that was, line drive! had to be 87.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
RustyGreerFan said:
What a week of ups and downs!!!!!!!!!!!!

There may be one less 1998 Elite Status Juan Gonzalez left in the world.

Back on January 7th my ebay order of the above Juan, a 97 Flair Hot Gloves Juan, and a 98 Ultra Diamond Immortals Juan arrived a tantalizingly close 45 minutes away from me at the Charlotte NC sort facility. And it has been there ever since.

Gottem :cool:

JuanEliteStatus.jpg

*edit - added image

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Freebie from magicpapa!

1996LeafGolfPressProofs48.jpg

1993UpperDeckGoldHologram.jpg

1993UpperDeckGoldHologram488.jpg

Still need the Maddux/Smoltz/Glavine/Avery Gold Holo.

1998AuroraKingsoftheMajorLeagues.jpg

2000ParamountCooperstownBound.jpg

Did the executives at Pacific sit around and try to come up with the ugliest possible insertos?

1998PinnacleMintSilver.jpg

1999UDIonixReciprocal65.jpg

Members online