Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
www.teamsets4u.com has the high 5 Astros teams set but you might want to ask hime who is on it first I bought Twins one a while back and all it had was the Scott Erickson. Might be worth the $3 gamble though.

This is a good sight to use. I picked up the Reds Topps Kanebo team set for nextto nothing. It was so cheap I kept the Larkin and gave away the Griffey, Dunn, and Casey for free. Not everythin is cheap, but those were for some reason.

You may also want to check with the member here tpeichel. I just bought about 40 Larkin oddball items from him. I know he recently bought a case of High 5's trying to figure out the whole breakdown of teh checklist. He specializes in oddball stuff and magazine panels from that time frame. I asked him what he had for Larkin and he sent me a list that wouldn't fit in one PM.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
www.teamsets4u.com has the high 5 Astros teams set but you might want to ask hime who is on it first I bought Twins one a while back and all it had was the Scott Erickson. Might be worth the $3 gamble though.

If you buy a high 5 Twins team set it should be 5 twins players on decals and one player on a 5x7 portrait. The only exception would be the "Superstar" High 5 sets which just have 5 stars from across baseball in them. But all of the "Team" High 5 sets should have 5 decals and a 5x7 from that team.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
This is from tpeichels thread about these where he put together the checklist:
PUCKETT,KIRBY 1992 High 5 Reusable Decal
PUCKETT,KIRBY 1992 High 5 Reusable Decal 5x7 Portrait
PUCKETT,KIRBY 1992 High 5 Reusable Decal Twins Team Set (Rick Aguilera/Scott Erickson/Kent Hrbek/Kirby Puckett/Kevin Tapani and Kirby Puckett 5x7)
CAMINITI,KEN 1992 High 5 Reusable Decal
CAMINITI,KEN 1992 High 5 Reusable Decal Astros Team Set (Jeff Bagwell/Craig Biggio/Ken Caminiti/Luis Gonzalez/Pete Harnisch ?? 5x7)

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Finally landed the elusive test-issue Topps ProShooters checklist #1 to go with the marble. Was one of my Top 5 most wanted cards.
$(KGrHqR,!i!E9htEG3c9BPi6CB8Hpg~~60_58.JPG
98TOPPSPROSHOOTERSMARBLE.jpg

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Appreciate it if you keep an eye out for me.

Here's my 85-95 want list. You would think these would be easier than shi*t to find but I haven't even seen these cards yet. 96 and beyond gets a lil more complicated with the serial numbered stuff. The 98 Topps Tek Diffractors is what takes up the biggest portion of my want list. I only have 4 out of the 90 so far.

1985 Osceola Astros Team Issue #17 Ken Caminiti
1988-89 BYN Puerto Rico Winter League #80 Ken Caminiti
1988 Tucson Toros Jones Photo #3 Ken Caminiti
1989 Astros Smokey #7 Ken Caminiti
1990 Astros Lennox HSE #5 Ken Caminiti
1991 Panini French Stickers #9 Ken Caminiti
1992 High 5 #38 Ken Caminiti
1992 Score/Pinnacle Promo Panels #20 Alex Cole#{Jim Gantner#{Ken Caminiti#{Todd Stottle
1994 Osceola Astros Anniversary Team Issue #2 Ken Caminiti
1995 Donruss Press Proofs #472 Ken Caminiti 2000

Good luck on the 1988 Jones Photo. I've been trying to find the 1989 Jones Photo of Darryl Kile for almost ten years.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
This is from tpeichels thread about these where he put together the checklist:
PUCKETT,KIRBY 1992 High 5 Reusable Decal
PUCKETT,KIRBY 1992 High 5 Reusable Decal 5x7 Portrait
PUCKETT,KIRBY 1992 High 5 Reusable Decal Twins Team Set (Rick Aguilera/Scott Erickson/Kent Hrbek/Kirby Puckett/Kevin Tapani and Kirby Puckett 5x7)
CAMINITI,KEN 1992 High 5 Reusable Decal
CAMINITI,KEN 1992 High 5 Reusable Decal Astros Team Set (Jeff Bagwell/Craig Biggio/Ken Caminiti/Luis Gonzalez/Pete Harnisch ?? 5x7)

Yeah I wasn't really sure what happend when I bought it from them but it was worked out so I didn't have an issue with them. I have bought a few members only sets and the 1994 topps spanish twins set from them in the past with no problems.

I agree tpeichels lists are great and I bought a bunch of oddballs I needed from him last year.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
I just think it's amazing that you add "sample" to a card and it sky rockets the price to an insane amount.

Not just the case of adding the word sample to the card, obviously they are more rare than the regular version. With this kind of thinking, you could say the same for serial numbered cards or different colored parallels? An example:

I just think it's amazing that you add "1/5" to a card and it sky rockets the price to an insane amount.
I just think it's amazing that you add "4/10" to a card and it sky rockets the price to an insane amount.
I just think it's amazing that you add "6/25" to a card and it sky rockets the price to an insane amount.
I just think it's amazing that you add "gold color" to a card and it sky rockets the price to an insane amount.

I think you get the idea now....

More specific to the samples you mention, they were only handed out to dealers and they are kind of rare. The one you want obviously has Ripken on it, thus making the price a little higher than most Caminiti cards.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I just think it's amazing that you add "sample" to a card and it sky rockets the price to an insane amount.

These Samples were very tough to find. Recently there have been more of them offered up for sale. But they always sell for at least book value, so the asking price is about right on those. The ones I needed had Jeter on them, so they weren't cheap. I bought mine from ClarkFan as well. He always seems to have the hardest to find sample/promo cards!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Yea dude, it is redic BUT it is supply demand.... I watched some clown in Italy have the Belle's on eBay for years... pulled the trigger after literally watching for years.... they just don't pop up much for some reason

Members online

Latest posts