Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I know Dave Eich doesn't have one it a picture of one. I don't deny they exist, just wondered if anyone had ever saw one.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Yeah, I just checked his site right before posting. I thought he might have it had it on his pictures or at least his need pictures, but no luck. I may be wrong about one of you guys having it, but I'd be really surprised if it doesn't exist, since so many of the players from the set do (other than what Beckett chooses to list)

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
It's this neat website that shows you completed sales of baseball cards from other sites (mostly ebay)

Ahh, I think I have heard of it before. I remember hearing some player collectors track down past sales and contacted the buyers to see if they were willing to sell the card to them. Interesting program.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Or some 1998 Totally Certified /30

98Select.jpg

You are now the majority owner of those cards, at least I would assume. I just sold one of my BGS 9.5's tonight.

Fandruw = 5
Me = 4

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
The Jones brothers need to be on that show Hoarders:???::D

Those 1999 Fleer Brilliants 24 kt. cards are sweeetttt. I pulled the Sheffield out of a pack earlier this year.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Not much is known on the bronze ones. I've only seen a small handful of players. Someone on the site has a Clemens as well, not sure about anyone else. Just one of those tough (most likely) backdoored promos. I assume all players exist, but I really have no idea. When I first heard about them, I heard 10 or less per player.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yes. I love the peel on the cards. To me they look naked without them. Like a dog without a collar.

We've been over this very concept before(not me and you in particular but in general) and my general line of thinking is if it's part of the card, it needs to stay on the card. Otherwise you don't have the full card. If you wanted to buy a peeled and an unpeeled, that wouldn't be a big deal. But to go out there and peel every one you come across and then sell them back into the hobby kinda screws the rest of the guys.

I've run into a guy who likes to get IP autos but he will even do it on serial numbered stuff, no matter how low. I feel the same way about this. If you do it, you might as well keep it because if I'm trying to buy a copy of that card, I don't want something like that altered. A base card is fine. But if you get something numbered to /10 signed IP, and then like 3 or 4 of them are still sitting in boxes somewhere, and maybe at least 2 people have a copy they won't move, you've just helped lower the odds that I'll find a decent copy even more.

I guess I just feel that while you own cards, and they are yours, the rare stuff needs to be kept as perfectly as possible because the stuff will eventually go back into the hobby whether you pass on or decide to sell.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I've run into a guy who likes to get IP autos but he will even do it on serial numbered stuff, no matter how low. I feel the same way about this. If you do it, you might as well keep it because if I'm trying to buy a copy of that card, I don't want something like that altered. A base card is fine. But if you get something numbered to /10 signed IP, and then like 3 or 4 of them are still sitting in boxes somewhere, and maybe at least 2 people have a copy they won't move, you've just helped lower the odds that I'll find a decent copy even more.
Amen, I HATE this. Anybody remember that rare Bagwell someone had signed? The sig even looked fake.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
COMC sucks. Looks like they upped their shipping again. I spent just enough to leave me $3.99 to ship my cards and now they changed it again. I love how they make you purchase at least 10 bucks to ship the cards instead of just being able to pay for shipping with a card.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Nothing has changed with you, still a ********* I see.

Why would Padresfan change?
Not only is he a loser here, he's also a piece of work in PM's.

It funny that I learn something new every day.
I learned from the kid, that I play world of warcraft, and I'm a jacktard.
I never knew. :lol:

And people wonder why this thread isn't as popular any more, cards aren't posted as much, and members avoid the thread all together.

Members online

Latest posts