Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
First one is just stupid price, second is inflated because Ripken is on the card and the third doesn't seem horrible but a raw one would be less I'm sure.

Granted I have like 3,000 more to go, but if those were the last ones I needed...I'd pony up. At least for the Pinnacle samples and the last one. It would be different if you were over your head in cards needed. But having such a narrow list...

And I know you ain't counting 1/1's but you could go after those.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Picked these up, presumably from board members, I know the Andruw gold was from a member for sure. Thinking about going after both sets..

Jones98platinumgold30b.jpg

GonzalezMasterCraftsmen100.jpg

Like the Juan!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Granted I have like 3,000 more to go, but if those were the last ones I needed...I'd pony up. At least for the Pinnacle samples and the last one. It would be different if you were over your head in cards needed. But having such a narrow list...

I agree with this... you have to be down to the wire and are just looking for the tough ones I'm assuming... if so, I'd try and make something happen for them but that first one is WAY over priced at $1k LOL

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky

I would agree with this as well, especially on the samples. I happen to think that is a decent price. I paid $125 for the Larkin Samples from that set. Granted it had Jeter, Arod, and Nomar on it, so I wasn't paying for Larkin really. But this one has Ripken on it, and cards are normally priced based on the highest selling player on the card. Given that, I think it is a fair price. The first card is so rare that it is hard to put a fair market value on it - those can fluctuate wildly.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I would agree with this as well, especially on the samples. I happen to think that is a decent price. I paid $125 for the Larkin Samples from that set. Granted it had Jeter, Arod, and Nomar on it, so I wasn't paying for Larkin really. But this one has Ripken on it, and cards are normally priced based on the highest selling player on the card. Given that, I think it is a fair price. The first card is so rare that it is hard to put a fair market value on it - those can fluctuate wildly.

The samples set sold for about half of the asking price at auction a few months ago

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
To someone that likes throwing away money lol Not worth that to me. Glad someone finally bought it...

Yea, I don't know value and now that I think about it, I've never seen a Belle, so can't comment on value but someone thought it was worth the money. As for you, I know the feeling around "glad someone finally bought it" so that you don't have to see it, etc. Here is my ex. of this... wish it would just go away because it'll never sell for this price lol http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-STADIU...0473775773?pt=US_Football&hash=item53ede94e9d Been listed over and over again for years... it'll never ever ever sell for this price and there is no room to even offer on it ::facepalm::

Very nice, love finding cards I need for this kind of money... just landed this for $3.50 dlvd http://www.ebay.com/itm/150857408685?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

Ok, sorry it must have slipped my mind. Given your current status being 1055/1321, I just assumed that pretty much all you had left was 1/1's and other super low numbered stuff. Which is why I kinda said, go ahead and knock off the lower end stuff and prepare for the big stuff. But if you have a bunch of small stuff like this, I can see waiting.

Does that 1321 count the 1/1's or just everything not numbered to 1?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Ok, sorry it must have slipped my mind. Given your current status being 1055/1321, I just assumed that pretty much all you had left was 1/1's and other super low numbered stuff. Which is why I kinda said, go ahead and knock off the lower end stuff and prepare for the big stuff. But if you have a bunch of small stuff like this, I can see waiting.

Does that 1321 count the 1/1's or just everything not numbered to 1?

A quick look shows beckett showing Caminiti having 1,315 on his checklist but that doesn't mean he is using something else or +/- cards based on his own research, etc. Beckett shows Belle having 2,569 but I show 2,570 because their not counting Belle having the 2012 Bowman redemption auto yet on their checklist, otherwise, I use their count personally.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
A quick look shows beckett showing Caminiti having 1,315 on his checklist but that doesn't mean he is using something else or +/- cards based on his own research, etc. Beckett shows Belle having 2,569 but I show 2,570 because their not counting Belle having the 2012 Bowman redemption auto yet on their checklist, otherwise, I use their count personally.

I don't really use their count except for a base reading:)-P). That's about all it's worth to me as far as total numbers go. I do use the hell out of their checklist for print run info, and basically just to know exactly what kinda "fish" are still out there. But I've easily got...oh...about 100-150 items not on their lists. Hell, the star sets alone make up most of that. They have some GU and Patches that aren't on their lists. Some variations. Some oddballs and samples too. And then they used to not have the tek patterns listed. From what I have heard they fixed this which would cut back considerably on my unrecognized list. But there are still a slew of things. Even the ball street cards.

Members online

Latest posts