Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

George_Calfas

Active member
Aug 22, 2008
36,237
Urbana
Fandruw25 said:
kdailey4315 said:
Is this a legit price for this? Is this an ultra rare 90's insert or just another insanely high eBay BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/96-SELECT-CERT-MIRR ... _500wt_922

I gotta say extremely high. He used to go by the name teawolves and would buy high end stuff and then re-list about 5-10 times what he paid. Worse than Burbank IMO.
Vintagesnowmobiles (Mike) and teawolves (Jeff) are actually two different people. They are in the same town, right Magic ;)
Teawolves ebay shop just closed one day and Vintage started selling his stuff. I have emailed Jeff several time to no response. My guess was the DSR suspension deal but I do not know for sure.
 

dadofandrew

New member
Aug 7, 2008
586
George_Calfas said:
Fandruw25 said:
kdailey4315 said:
Is this a legit price for this? Is this an ultra rare 90's insert or just another insanely high eBay BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/96-SELECT-CERT-MIRR ... _500wt_922

I gotta say extremely high. He used to go by the name teawolves and would buy high end stuff and then re-list about 5-10 times what he paid. Worse than Burbank IMO.
Vintagesnowmobiles (Mike) and teawolves (Jeff) are actually two different people. They are in the same town, right Magic ;)
Teawolves ebay shop just closed one day and Vintage started selling his stuff. I have emailed Jeff several time to no response. My guess was the DSR suspension deal but I do not know for sure.
Yea he has quite a few Ozzie's that have been sitting in his store for a long time, they won't be going anywhere with the prices he has on them either
 

Mozzie22

Active member
Aug 7, 2008
1,624
dadofandrew said:
George_Calfas said:
Fandruw25 said:
kdailey4315 said:
Is this a legit price for this? Is this an ultra rare 90's insert or just another insanely high eBay BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/96-SELECT-CERT-MIRR ... _500wt_922

I gotta say extremely high. He used to go by the name teawolves and would buy high end stuff and then re-list about 5-10 times what he paid. Worse than Burbank IMO.
Vintagesnowmobiles (Mike) and teawolves (Jeff) are actually two different people. They are in the same town, right Magic ;)
Teawolves ebay shop just closed one day and Vintage started selling his stuff. I have emailed Jeff several time to no response. My guess was the DSR suspension deal but I do not know for sure.
Yea he has quite a few Ozzie's that have been sitting in his store for a long time, they won't be going anywhere with the prices he has on them either
You've got that right. This guy puts Burbank to shame. He wanted over $1500 for the Ozzie gold even though the only other PSA 10 sold for less than 1/3 of that. Now, after getting no bites for several years, he has raised his price from there?? I'll buy from Burbank but not this guy unless he reintroduces himself to reality.
 

alexs64

New member
Jul 28, 2010
12,321
Moreno Valley, Ca

AndruwHRJones

New member
Aug 9, 2008
1,187
Got some cards back from the FCB February submission:



Thanks to Fandruw25 for trading me this raw.


Kind of weird they decided to put different sides of the card on the front in the same submission? I have no clue what the surface issue is on the base, the atomic I think has a refractor line on the reverse side.


 

MansGame

Active member
Sep 25, 2009
15,306
Dallas, TX

George_Calfas

Active member
Aug 22, 2008
36,237
Urbana
Philip J. Fry said:
[quote="George_Calfas":222dhyps]
alexs64 said:
Vintage is a friggen idiot...he is the one that says these are /30.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...8%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:eRTM:US:1123
Lots of people "thought" the stated print run was 30. This was a poor assumption in 1997......unfortunately people often dont listen to reason.
Excuse me while I change my pants.[/quote:222dhyps]

I needed to do something to get you out of hiding......how you been?
 

predatorkj

New member
Aug 7, 2008
11,865
Fandruw25 said:
kdailey4315 said:
Is this a legit price for this? Is this an ultra rare 90's insert or just another insanely high eBay BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/96-SELECT-CERT-MIRR ... _500wt_922

I gotta say extremely high. He used to go by the name teawolves and would buy high end stuff and then re-list about 5-10 times what he paid. Worse than Burbank IMO.

Yeah...I snagged my one and only Bagwell button from Teawolves and I paid around $200 BIN for it. Insane price I know but I had the money at the time and wanted one. He is a wee bit high priced.
 
1996 stadium club extreme players question.

beckett lists 2 for the versions for each bronze, silver, gold. on the back of the redemption card it is listed epc. yet in the book one is listed "w" for winner i assume... the other is "ew" which (again i am assuming) would stand for exchanged winner? are the unredeemed cards considered the "w"? thanks in advance.

clint
 

Gwynn545

Active member
Aug 29, 2008
5,421
North Seattle
notjomommasclint said:
1996 stadium club extreme players question.

beckett lists 2 for the versions for each bronze, silver, gold. on the back of the redemption card it is listed epc. yet in the book one is listed "w" for winner i assume... the other is "ew" which (again i am assuming) would stand for exchanged winner? are the unredeemed cards considered the "w"? thanks in advance.

clint
There were only 10 players that had xtreme player winner sets...winning cards received that 10 player set.
EW1 Greg Maddux
EW2 Mike Piazza
EW3 Andres Galarraga
EW4 Chuck Knoblauch
EW5 Ken Caminiti
EW6 Barry Larkin
EW7 Barry Bonds
EW8 Ken Griffey Jr.
EW9 Gary Sheffield
EW10 Todd Worrell
 

magicpapa

Well-known member
Aug 7, 2008
9,205
George_Calfas said:
Fandruw25 said:
kdailey4315 said:
Is this a legit price for this? Is this an ultra rare 90's insert or just another insanely high eBay BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/96-SELECT-CERT-MIRR ... _500wt_922

I gotta say extremely high. He used to go by the name teawolves and would buy high end stuff and then re-list about 5-10 times what he paid. Worse than Burbank IMO.
Vintagesnowmobiles (Mike) and teawolves (Jeff) are actually two different people. They are in the same town, right Magic ;)
Teawolves ebay shop just closed one day and Vintage started selling his stuff. I have emailed Jeff several time to no response. My guess was the DSR suspension deal but I do not know for sure.
yup jeffs from MN as well as vintage, if never dealt with vintage, but have met jeff a few times, a very nice and knowagable person and is easy to work with would you like me to check on anything george??
 

George_Calfas

Active member
Aug 22, 2008
36,237
Urbana
magicpapa said:
George_Calfas said:
Fandruw25 said:
kdailey4315 said:
Is this a legit price for this? Is this an ultra rare 90's insert or just another insanely high eBay BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/96-SELECT-CERT-MIRR ... _500wt_922

I gotta say extremely high. He used to go by the name teawolves and would buy high end stuff and then re-list about 5-10 times what he paid. Worse than Burbank IMO.
Vintagesnowmobiles (Mike) and teawolves (Jeff) are actually two different people. They are in the same town, right Magic ;)
Teawolves ebay shop just closed one day and Vintage started selling his stuff. I have emailed Jeff several time to no response. My guess was the DSR suspension deal but I do not know for sure.
yup jeffs from MN as well as vintage, if never dealt with vintage, but have met jeff a few times, a very nice and knowagable person and is easy to work with would you like me to check on anything george??
Nope, I have dealt, emailed, talked on the phone with Jeff since the mid 90s.......he just never answered my last emails, hope he is alright that is all.
 
gwynn5453l4u said:
notjomommasclint said:
1996 stadium club extreme players question.

beckett lists 2 for the versions for each bronze, silver, gold. on the back of the redemption card it is listed epc. yet in the book one is listed "w" for winner i assume... the other is "ew" which (again i am assuming) would stand for exchanged winner? are the unredeemed cards considered the "w"? thanks in advance.

clint
There were only 10 players that had xtreme player winner sets...winning cards received that 10 player set.
EW1 Greg Maddux
EW2 Mike Piazza
EW3 Andres Galarraga
EW4 Chuck Knoblauch
EW5 Ken Caminiti
EW6 Barry Larkin
EW7 Barry Bonds
EW8 Ken Griffey Jr.
EW9 Gary Sheffield
EW10 Todd Worrell
gotcha which makes sense i was having issues with the piazza gold. so the ew are the exchanged and the w are just the cards that were issued to be exchanged! thank you for your help.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Top