Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

nevermore

Well-known member
Aug 7, 2008
3,153
New York
Finally found one of these, for a card with 10000 copies it is hard to track down. These retailed for $20 each in 1998. Would make a killer multi-player auto.

1998 Yankees Upper Deck Commemorative 5x7 #/9800


 

kdailey4315

New member
Mar 4, 2009
5,458
I need some help from all of you 90's insert experts. When a 90's insert is listed on eBay and the seller puts 20/20 how can you tell if that is card 20 in a series of 20 cards or card 20 in a PRINT RUN of 20? I can check beckett right now but I don't expect to have a beckett online subscription forever.
 

Fandruw25

Active member
Aug 25, 2008
3,238
kdailey4315 said:
I need some help from all of you 90's insert experts. When a 90's insert is listed on eBay and the seller puts 20/20 how can you tell if that is card 20 in a series of 20 cards or card 20 in a PRINT RUN of 20? I can check beckett right now but I don't expect to have a beckett online subscription forever.
You don't need a beckett subscription to check print runs. They offer this for free.
 

kdailey4315

New member
Mar 4, 2009
5,458
Fandruw25 said:
kdailey4315 said:
I need some help from all of you 90's insert experts. When a 90's insert is listed on eBay and the seller puts 20/20 how can you tell if that is card 20 in a series of 20 cards or card 20 in a PRINT RUN of 20? I can check beckett right now but I don't expect to have a beckett online subscription forever.
You don't need a beckett subscription to check print runs. They offer this for free.
Yeah just noticed that after I asked the question.
 

Philip J. Fry

Active member
Aug 9, 2008
5,523
Ohio
George_Calfas said:
[quote="Philip J. Fry":37ghrluj][quote="George_Calfas":37ghrluj]
alexs64 said:
Vintage is a friggen idiot...he is the one that says these are /30.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...8%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:eRTM:US:1123
Lots of people "thought" the stated print run was 30. This was a poor assumption in 1997......unfortunately people often dont listen to reason.
Excuse me while I change my pants.[/quote:37ghrluj]

I needed to do something to get you out of hiding......how you been?[/quote:37ghrluj]

Good man, just super busy with work and the new baby!
 

Gwynn545

Active member
Aug 29, 2008
5,420
North Seattle
kdailey4315 said:
I need some help from all of you 90's insert experts. When a 90's insert is listed on eBay and the seller puts 20/20 how can you tell if that is card 20 in a series of 20 cards or card 20 in a PRINT RUN of 20? I can check beckett right now but I don't expect to have a beckett online subscription forever.
...and it's a common "trick" by sellers to put that in the title to "trick" uninformed buyers... especially with those 90's and early 00's inserts.
 

BunchOBull

Active member
Dec 12, 2008
5,459
Houston, TX
Epson V330, just got it on the 'bay for less than $100 delivered. It's like the V300, just a few more features for photo negative and slide scanning.
 

Cobra29svt

New member
Aug 7, 2008
2,623
Richmond, Va
BunchOBull said:
Epson V330, just got it on the 'bay for less than $100 delivered. It's like the V300, just a few more features for photo negative and slide scanning.
Thanks for the info. Pretty sure my wife would kill me if I bought another scanner though. Already on #5. ::facepalm::
 

predatorkj

New member
Aug 7, 2008
11,865
I'd never even paid attention to this card let alone seen it. The Henderson collector posts scans of his Ricky he finally harpooned and what do ya know...I see one up on ebay. Now I hold it in my hands. Bit pricey at $12.50. But I'll take it. If anyone has a lead on the non-redemption version, let me know.



 

Gwynn545

Active member
Aug 29, 2008
5,420
North Seattle
predatorkj said:
I'd never even paid attention to this card let alone seen it. The Henderson collector posts scans of his Ricky he finally harpooned and what do ya know...I see one up on ebay. Now I hold it in my hands. Bit pricey at $12.50. But I'll take it. If anyone has a lead on the non-redemption version, let me know.



Nice. I have one incoming, too, and I am pretty sure the ones on Ebay were from the Henderson collector here (Manof Steal). The sales on these were really scattered: $37 for Rickey, $23 for Gonzo...$4 for Ripken, $3 for Jeter and $1 for Arod... Yours at $12 was right in the middle! You crazy player collectors, you!
 

predatorkj

New member
Aug 7, 2008
11,865
gwynn5453l4u said:
Nice. I have one incoming, too, and I am pretty sure the ones on Ebay were from the Henderson collector here (Manof Steal). The sales on these were really scattered: $37 for Rickey, $23 for Gonzo...$4 for Ripken, $3 for Jeter and $1 for Arod... Yours at $12 was right in the middle! You crazy player collectors, you!
Christ...I got stuck paying 3x what a Ripken went for and 4x what a Jeter went for? ::facepalm:: :lol:
 

tonsofcommons

Active member
Aug 20, 2008
6,098
Iowa
predatorkj said:
gwynn5453l4u said:
Nice. I have one incoming, too, and I am pretty sure the ones on Ebay were from the Henderson collector here (Manof Steal). The sales on these were really scattered: $37 for Rickey, $23 for Gonzo...$4 for Ripken, $3 for Jeter and $1 for Arod... Yours at $12 was right in the middle! You crazy player collectors, you!
Christ...I got stuck paying 3x what a Ripken went for and 4x what a Jeter went for? ::facepalm:: :lol:
SUCKER!!! :^)
 

ManOfSteal

New member
Oct 7, 2009
689
Sacramento, CA
predatorkj said:
I'd never even paid attention to this card let alone seen it. The Henderson collector posts scans of his Ricky he finally harpooned and what do ya know...I see one up on ebay. Now I hold it in my hands. Bit pricey at $12.50. But I'll take it. If anyone has a lead on the non-redemption version, let me know.



Unlike most cards in the set, the base Bagwell would actually be harder to find than the redemption. Cards 46-50 were extremely short-printed, and it was these cards that could be sent in to win shopping sprees in the contest. Being card #50 in the set, I'm pretty sure the regular Bagwell is a #1/1, as it's this card (along with cards 46-49) that needed to be redeemed to win the $1,000,000 grand prize.
 

henderson939

New member
Dec 14, 2009
1,922
New Jersey
True Brad the Bagwell is a 1/1. It was the Grand Prize card. You would think that most of the player collectors would already have these since they are so common. All you need to do, is know how to use Ebay search. :D
 

Fandruw25

Active member
Aug 25, 2008
3,238
henderson939 said:
True Brad the Bagwell is a 1/1. It was the Grand Prize card. You would think that most of the player collectors would already have these since they are so common. All you need to do, is know how to use Ebay search. :D

I don't think many people knew what the difference was between the regular and redemption set. Once it was known what the difference was, by you shopping your sets around, it was pretty easy to find. "Fleer million dollar set" was all I had to search to find it. Guess I was lucky :?
 

AndruwHRJones

New member
Aug 9, 2008
1,187
henderson939 said:
True Brad the Bagwell is a 1/1. It was the Grand Prize card. You would think that most of the player collectors would already have these since they are so common. All you need to do, is know how to use Ebay search. :D
I agree with Fandruw as well. Maybe not with the way he said it in the Henderson thread. But it wasn't too difficult to find on ebay once manofsteel started contacting everyone who needed a redemption card and stated he had multiple sets. Also, was very curious that he had multiple Andruw's for sale but yet none were available on ebay at the time. As soon as he sold me one for $8, one finds its way to ebay and promptly doesn't sell for the minimum bid. And who is selling it, manofsteel. I am all for people making a buck. But the way manofsteel went about making his bucks was a little deceiving, especially on a board where many of us help each other for free. So if you want to bust anyone's balls, look no further than manofsteel. He tried buying the original seller on ebay out and thought he could rape the board player collectors before listing them on ebay. All the while, knowing he had way more sets in hand than there were player collectors on this board. Unfortunately for manofsteel, the original seller had way more sets than he originally told manofsteel. Now Fandruw has some sets and thus the drama. **End of Cliff Notes on the Redemption Sets**
 
Top