Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OK USPS has to step up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I am acutely aware of the issues with the USPS but they've suddenly gotten worse than ever. Since 12/8, none of my shipments show any movement, and they are all over the country. Currently have hundreds of dollars worth of cards in Edison NJ, Kent WA, and Dallas TX. But the $10 order I placed Monday just arrived from Newport Beach, CA. With a regular company I'd suspect they were having computer issues in the tracking system, but that can't be it. Shouldn't things be getting better over time, just in general, rather than worse?

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
With more people buying online due to Covid-19 and the stay at home restrictions, there are more items being shipped.. I saw a pic that someone posted in FB group asking the same thing.. It was of a post office shipping area where there were several carts full of boxes and mail..

We just have to be patient during this time..
(I found this article online)

Last edited:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I ordered a Christmas present, It was in Denver on the 2nd (the day it shipped), and Denver is about 4.5 hours away from me. Checked the tracking again, and on the 9th it was in San Francisco. That's a long ways away from Nebraska. I'm not worried about it getting here in time, but I wish I were enjoying the weather in California too lol

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I ordered a Christmas present, It was in Denver on the 2nd (the day it shipped), and Denver is about 4.5 hours away from me. Checked the tracking again, and on the 9th it was in San Francisco. That's a long ways away from Nebraska. I'm not worried about it getting here in time, but I wish I were enjoying the weather in California too lol

Does this help?

airbnb-pic.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Changes made by the Postmaster General to hamstring our ability to process mail ballots were never really undone, despite court orders. Hundreds of sorting machines were taken offline, still sitting and collecting dust in areas they're desperately needed. Between that, hours being cut, and a lack of properly trained people up and down the ladder, everything is getting backed up for days. And when it hits, it's so bad that it's not physically possible to catch up. My office is relatively small, so we don't see too many major issues, but larger offices and hubs in (especially) NY are getting slaughtered. We're expected to get an entire week's worth of EVERYTHING tomorrow at my office.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I won't turn this political, but sounds like that Postmaster General is a real piece of work. I think I heard that he had ownership stakes in private carries, so poor USPS performance = increased wealth for him. Maybe they oust him soon, if that is possible.

i am sure the ground level folks are doing their best, but have noticed the same, tracking numbers that flat out are not even updated. I have a couple pieces from November still floating in nowhere land with no updates in a week or more. Lots of factors, including this, making a previously very fun hobby just a lot less fun these days.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
The post master general, Louis DeJoy Was the CEO & Manager of New Breed Logistics, Which He Grew Successfully Over 35 Years.
During the past five years, DeJoy has contributed seven figures in political donations: $3.2 million to groups such as the Republican National Committee, including more than $1.2 million to support Trump's election campaigns. Other recipients include the National Republican Senatorial Committee, GOP political action committees and individual candidates.

Money

Jul 22, 2016
I’ve had zero issues with USPS delivery. All my horror stories recently involve UPS. Maybe it depends on where you live but I’ve had multiple USPS deliveries without a hitch. That being said , we are in the middle of a pandemic so you can’t expect business as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Facts.

Changes made by the Postmaster General to hamstring our ability to process mail ballots were never really undone, despite court orders. Hundreds of sorting machines were taken offline, still sitting and collecting dust in areas they're desperately needed. Between that, hours being cut, and a lack of properly trained people up and down the ladder, everything is getting backed up for days. And when it hits, it's so bad that it's not physically possible to catch up. My office is relatively small, so we don't see too many major issues, but larger offices and hubs in (especially) NY are getting slaughtered. We're expected to get an entire week's worth of EVERYTHING tomorrow at my office.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Also factual.

The post master general, Louis DeJoy Was the CEO & Manager of New Breed Logistics, Which He Grew Successfully Over 35 Years.
During the past five years, DeJoy has contributed seven figures in political donations: $3.2 million to groups such as the Republican National Committee, including more than $1.2 million to support Trump's election campaigns. Other recipients include the National Republican Senatorial Committee, GOP political action committees and individual candidates.

Money

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I’ve had zero issues with USPS delivery. All my horror stories recently involve UPS. Maybe it depends on where you live but I’ve had multiple USPS deliveries without a hitch. That being said , we are in the middle of a pandemic so you can’t expect business as usual.

Yes, things have changed in the last year due to covid, but that has also become a convenient excuse when one is needed. Life seems to go on for a lot of people, unfazed by covid. I see sellers taking forever to even "ship" cards (based on tracking updates), perhaps because they can easily blame the PO for late deliveries.

I get some stuff quite fast and other things seem to take forever. I have never sat down and tracked where the packages are coming from and which routes they take, but perhaps that is a big factor. In the end, it is not a big deal to me how long something takes (within reason, of course), as long as it arrives eventually. It is mildly irritating to have to track older packages that have yet to arrive and it can be nerve wracking when many packages are in transit at the same time when usually only a few are out at any one time.

Actually, I have more locked up in what happens with the cruise industry and specifically Norwegian Cruise lines. We booked a family Mexican cruise with those jackasses last year for spring break 2020 after using Disney for all of our other cruises. We thought we would try a different line and save some money, as the kids are old enough to not really need the Disney experience any more. Foolishly, my wife used the trip insurance clause and cancelled the trip a day before NCL announced it was stopping all cruises, so we ended up getting a future cruise credit instead of being able to get a refund. We rebooked about a month of two later for an August Alaska cruise instead, hoping the 'vid would be under control by then. We were told that if they cancelled this time, we'd get a refund. THAT WAS A LIE TOLD TO US BY A SCUMBAG CRUISE CONSULTANT. NCL cancelled the cruise and we were again told, no refund, just future cruise credit. There are a lot of people fighting with NCL for refunds and such. Due to our circumstances (how we cancelled the initial trip), we just bagged trying to fight them and are waiting it out. Now we sit and watch, hoping that this crap is controlled soon and that NCL doesn't fold in the meantime. Its about $6K locked up for the 4 of us, but my oldest boy graduates this year, so the longer this pushes out, the harder it is going to be to use the credits they way we want to do so. F@&k NCL, never using them again, even if we end up cruising and it's the greatest experience we have ever had.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Yes, things have changed in the last year due to covid, but that has also become a convenient excuse when one is needed. Life seems to go on for a lot of people, unfazed by covid. I see sellers taking forever to even "ship" cards (based on tracking updates), perhaps because they can easily blame the PO for late deliveries.

I get some stuff quite fast and other things seem to take forever. I have never sat down and tracked where the packages are coming from and which routes they take, but perhaps that is a big factor. In the end, it is not a big deal to me how long something takes (within reason, of course), as long as it arrives eventually. It is mildly irritating to have to track older packages that have yet to arrive and it can be nerve wracking when many packages are in transit at the same time when usually only a few are out at any one time.

Actually, I have more locked up in what happens with the cruise industry and specifically Norwegian Cruise lines. We booked a family Mexican cruise with those jackasses last year for spring break 2020 after using Disney for all of our other cruises. We thought we would try a different line and save some money, as the kids are old enough to not really need the Disney experience any more. Foolishly, my wife used the trip insurance clause and cancelled the trip a day before NCL announced it was stopping all cruises, so we ended up getting a future cruise credit instead of being able to get a refund. We rebooked about a month of two later for an August Alaska cruise instead, hoping the 'vid would be under control by then. We were told that if they cancelled this time, we'd get a refund. THAT WAS A LIE TOLD TO US BY A SCUMBAG CRUISE CONSULTANT. NCL cancelled the cruise and we were again told, no refund, just future cruise credit. There are a lot of people fighting with NCL for refunds and such. Due to our circumstances (how we cancelled the initial trip), we just bagged trying to fight them and are waiting it out. Now we sit and watch, hoping that this crap is controlled soon and that NCL doesn't fold in the meantime. Its about $6K locked up for the 4 of us, but my oldest boy graduates this year, so the longer this pushes out, the harder it is going to be to use the credits they way we want to do so. F@&k NCL, never using them again, even if we end up cruising and it's the greatest experience we have ever had.

When I retired, we took the Hawaiian Island Cruise thru NCL (paid thru AAA for about $18K, we had to get 2 state rooms)..
Afterwards, my wife and I decided it wasn't worth going on a cruise again.. All the food was prepared (lot's of salt!!) and no fresh fish.. (we were in Hawaii!! How do you not have fresh fish!) The entertainment was great, but we did an open bar on the trip.. We never drank so much in such a little time.. One thing we did do was hire a local photographer that was recommended.. Well worth it..

new-lisa1.jpg

Good luck on your next cruise when it happens!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I was frustrated that all of my packages showed zero movement for 3 days. I just found that hard to believe, especially since one of them showed "Departed USPS facility" as its most recent update on 12/8. Where is it if not in some other USPS facility? As of right now, that one still has no update, while two are showing movement but who can tell what's going on. The one in Kent says,"Processed through USPS facility" on 12/8 and twice today. At least the big one is in my town but I guess I have to wait till Monday. Even then I'm sure the thing will be marked as delivered but won't be in my mailbox so I'll have to go to the PO and complain. Or it may have been sent sig required so I'll find a delivery notice in my mailbox instead of him actually ringing the doorbell, so I'll have to go to the PO on Tuesday.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
When I retired, we took the Hawaiian Island Cruise thru NCL (paid thru AAA for about $18K, we had to get 2 state rooms)..
Afterwards, my wife and I decided it wasn't worth going on a cruise again.. All the food was prepared (lot's of salt!!) and no fresh fish.. (we were in Hawaii!! How do you not have fresh fish!) The entertainment was great, but we did an open bar on the trip.. We never drank so much in such a little time.. One thing we did do was hire a local photographer that was recommended.. Well worth it..

View attachment 119314

Good luck on your next cruise when it happens!
Nice.

I was stationed in Hawaii for 4 years. Saw several islands and we've gone back a few times since. Not sure I would cruise to Hawaii, but if you have never been, it would be a good way to see them

I hope we get to use our credit at least. It may be the last one either way...we'll see. Disney was always great, lots to do, staff was fantastic, food great, entertainment great. More expensive than other lines, but worth it.

Jul 22, 2016

Sorry about your cruise experience. I actually had better luck with Explore America. We had a Washington DC trip scheduled for April 2020 that was paid for 3 people from Los Angeles. Luckily my wife was the one who handled the payments and bought the cancel anytime with full refund. I got lucky.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
It’s weird. I bought a card PWE shipped from Canada in early October that took 7 weeks to arrive. I purchased one on 12/2 that was delivered 12/12. My PWE sales and Christmas cards are zooming along. Most package purchases are slow. Had a priority box ship 11/30 that was delivered from WA on 12/12 while a regular first class bubble mailer made it from CA in 4 days. There is no real rhyme or reason so I’ll just be patient.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts