Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OK USPS has to step up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Holy crapoly, I thought mine would be fun, after finally getting my "lost" shipment 4 days later...from my neighbor. I think another neighbor got it and left it on his porch. At least I got it and that is what matters!

This is now my oldest item. I didn't copy the whole string of updates, but it shipped 11/29 from Delaware. Made it to NJ pretty quick, then...it takes 10 days to get from Jersey to NC, and now the latest scan shows the same thing it did 4 days earlier., still in NC As I may have said on this thread, but definitely elsewhere, I only care that i get my item. Time is not an issue for me within reason (and even these long delays have some legit reasons behind them), but every once in a while, like the lost package that arrived today that caused me a great deal of stress, it is an item I just can't tolerate to lose..irreplaceable. This package below is replaceable though. an Al Oliver au /50 from 2020. If it were to become lost, it would bother me a little, as any of the lost packages I have experienced over the years have because nobody likes to get nothing for their money, but I could move on immediately.

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 4.37.33 PM.png

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I now have a 1/1 Juan Gonzalez card stuck in DES MOINES, IA since 12-9-2020 10 days. The hicks that work at the USPS in Iowa should all be FIRED!👎

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Not sure what you meant by that comment but if I mail a package with a destination to Florida and I check the tracking 5 days later and it's all the way across the country in Nevada, is it my fault or is it the fault of an irresponsible postal worker who misdirected my package? The answer to that should be obvious.
Like I stated. It is someone else's fault.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Updating my last post, it seems like my Oliver is still in NC. I am not concerned, it will likely arrive sometime soon and if it does not, I will get a refund from the seller and try to find another one to buy. It can be very stressful to watch an item you really want sitting or moving in the wrong direction though. I just went through it, but for everything else that is replaceable, c'est la vie.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Seems lots of impacts all around. Hopefully, things open up and the mail starts flowing. I’m waiting on a card that was sent on 11/30, been stuck in New Jersey since 12/3. I hope it doesn’t get lost lost and is just delayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
My Oliver went through Jersey. Of course, being in the Pacific NW, it seems most of my delays are from the east coast. It would be interesting to see if there are more problematic areas in general. I seem to recall some significant midwest delay points too.

Then again, i have seen delays of items being mailed within my own State. I am not complaining about this, it took a full work week to arrive, which is not bad other than the item was less than 20 miles away from me when it entered the system.

I paid for a card Sunday the 13th, so presumably mailed on the 14th, but the tracking makes it seem like it might have gone out Tuesday. it arrived on Friday the 18th. It came from Lynnwood, about 18 miles to the south of me. It then went further south to Federal Way, then back north past Lynnwood to Everett, then to my town. I assume that had to do with distribution hubs.

1. Dec 18, 2020
    1:28pm
    DELIVERED IN/AT MAILBOX
    LAKE STEVENS, WA 98258
  2. Dec 18, 2020
    6:10am
    OUT FOR DELIVERY
    LAKE STEVENS, WA 98258
  3. Dec 17, 2020
    10:11pm
    ARRIVAL AT UNIT
    LAKE STEVENS, WA 98258
  4. Dec 17, 2020
    3:26pm
    DEPART USPS FACILITY
    EVERETT, WA 98203
  5. Dec 17, 2020
    3:06pm
    DEPART USPS FACILITY
    EVERETT, WA 98203
  6. Dec 17, 2020
    1:57pm
    ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
    EVERETT, WA 98203
  7. Dec 17, 2020
    1:32pm
    ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
    EVERETT, WA 98203
  8. Dec 17, 2020
    7:49am
    DEPART USPS FACILITY
    FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003
  9. Dec 17, 2020
    5:08am
    PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003
  10. Dec 17, 2020
    3:42am
    PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003
  11. Dec 17, 2020
    2:27am
    ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE
    LYNNWOOD, WA 98087
  12. Dec 14, 2020
    5:09pm
    SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
    LYNNWOOD, WA 98087
  13. Dec 14, 2020
    8:46pm
    PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
    LYNNWOOD, WA 98087
  14. Dec 14, 2020
    5:09pm
    Tracking number provided

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Then there is this one, a ball. I won this on the 11th. This is in Bonney Lake, WA. that is a little further south than Federal Way. I have won items form this seller before, so debated meeting him as i have done in the past, but didn't have the time, so I paid on the 13th (Sunday). it still has not arrived...but tracking has also not uopdated since the 14th (Monday). Had I decided to meet him, I would have had this item this past Tuesday & saved the s/h cost of close to $10.

1. Dec 14, 2020
    6:03pm
    USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
    BONNEY LAKE, WA 98391
  2. Dec 14, 2020
    6:00pm
    DEPART POST OFFICE
    BONNEY LAKE, WA 98391
  3. Dec 14, 2020
    4:49pm
    USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
    BONNEY LAKE, WA 98391
  4. Dec 14, 2020
    4:15pm
    PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
    BONNEY LAKE, WA 98391
  5. Dec 14, 2020
    12:27pm
    SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
    BONNEY LAKE, WA 98391
  6. Dec 14, 2020
    12:27pm
    Tracking number provided

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Not truing make it political but two whistleblowers are saying Mnuchin and Trump pressured DeJoy to slow down mail in late summer.

Add this to investigations Dem House will start in Feb. DeJoy can be charged if it’s found to be intentional...

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Not truing make it political but two whistleblowers are saying Mnuchin and Trump pressured DeJoy to slow down mail in late summer.

Add this to investigations Dem House will start in Feb. DeJoy can be charged if it’s found to be intentional...

I've been a letter carrier for five years, and while we've dealt with a bit of nonsense here and there since 2016, this is completely unprecedented and completely political. Whistleblowers aren't even needed, since so much of this played out in public, and it's now at the point where everyone in the whole damn country is affected. The main RI PO has at least half a dozen trailer trucks loaded up with the backlog of mail and packages caused by DeJoy's order to cut overtime and remove machines. Those things were never fixed, never rectified, and, as I said before, I have people in my office that aren't even getting a full 40 work week right now. My route has close to 600 houses, and at peak Christmas volume, I get around 500+ packages a day to deliver. Yesterday I had 90.

The Post Office shouldn't be political; we receive zero dollars from taxpayers (PO is self-funded), and we willingly deliver political mail, charity pleas, and mail from other organizations (NRA) that would ordinarily be prosecutable as mail fraud, but we do it all to avoid taking sides and denying anyone their free speech rights. Now I'm getting tracked down by people threatening me about my "truck full of fake Biden ballots", and asking why their taxes are paying to "steal an election". And the same people are then shocked to learn that their packages are taking three weeks to arrive because our operations were gutted, and they were being told it was all "liberal media lies". Now that is a very tiny minority of people, but they are overly vocal and usually carrying.

Looking at my ebay purchases, I haven't had anything arrive in the proper 1st class or Priority shipping window in the last month. Everything gets to a large hub somewhere and gets stuck for a few days, which is now turning into a week or more. A purchase from 20 miles up the highway from me took longer to arrive than something my wife ordered from the UK. The best way to fix all this has already happened, now we just have to wait another month until changes can start being made.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
It's also this time of year on top of Covid related issues. I typically have my first class sales arrive within 2-4 days after I ship them. For the last month It's been taking like 7-14 days to arrive. Thankfully with tracking people can see when it was shipped so I've avoided any negative ebay feedback so far.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts