Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Old Player Collector Thread = Missing Player Collectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
That is actually sad, in a totally self-centered sort of way, thinking of all the time and effort (not to mention money) put into it, and to have it wane because no other reason than "it is getting boring". Not saying that is you exactly, but I think about that for guys who have virtually collected everything there is to collect... for Gwynn, I can't imagine that would happen unless I win the lottery! Glad to se eyou around somewhat still, and maybe something will spark you back full force! (The no-logo, Donruss, multiple-parallel crap not doing for you either, huh?)

Its not that its "boring", its just too damn expensive. The new cards (from last i looked) were mostly rehash of old cards, just different colored and with different numbering. For a while there, i put what spending money I had into getting autographed baseballs from players I used to watch up to now, but even that has taken a back seat. Sometimes priorities just change.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Ha yes I guess I haven't been around much as I just logged in to the site for the first time since this 5-month-old post mentioning me. I'm collecting just as much as ever (A's stuff and when the odd Dilfer card comes out in a new set) but I gave up on trading and buying wax so I guess with that my interest in message boards sort of waned. That plus I hate arguing yet I just can't help myself from getting into message board arguments on the unpopular side, it seems. Though sometimes it is good to stay away from hobby news because all of a sudden I have a $300 Mike Trout base card out of Topps Update, who would have figured?

I did update my Dilfer collection part of my website, though...managed to waste a lot more money than you would think on several 1/1's.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Also not on the list, but lurk only recently. Wish I could be here more often, miss hanging around here as were I live there is no hobby.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Looking through an old thread and I was getting frustrated with the "Photobucket No Image" thing, so my attention turned to the names who posted from that old thread. I wonder where these people are? Did they even say good bye before they left???? Any of these guys lurking?? If anything it was a good trip through FCB memory lane.

[MENTION=8332]BiggioBrooks755[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7109]RAZOR-Z[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1742]predatorkj[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2443]Fandruw25[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7804]Dilferules[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6366]ASTROBURN[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2805]thelesquad[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6250]rickey5191[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10018]BenG76[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1866]muskiesfan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2738]uniquebaseballcards[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2763]theplasticman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2080]bouwob[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3848]TBTwinsFan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2999]Card Magnet[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2179]Thumpersports[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2869]Jastermereel[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1727]ThoseBackPages[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2178]MOFNY[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1864]ffgameman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1743]wolfmanalfredo[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4248]rum151man[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2710]markakis8[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2425]marterburn[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2761]Anthony[/MENTION] K
[MENTION=3065]CollectorsCorner[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1989]Cobra29svt[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1839]LaneyB[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1744]jarcar[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1898]ronfromfresno[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2180]blitzerlover[/MENTION]

I'm still here, just not in the game as much as I used to be. I'll buy the occasional retail pack or blaster and look for PC singles every once in a while. Since Pbucket isn't free anymore I haven't transitioned to another hosting site yet.

Sad to see that BiggioBrooks755 passed.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I poke my head in the forum when I can. Life has been busy.

Still player collecting but it's near impossible to find anything I need for Erstad these days :(

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Wow, haven't been here for a long while........been away from collecting for a couple of years, new job and kids becoming teenagers really zapped my time.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Wasn't on the list, but I used to be active in the Cal Ripken thread. Hadn't even looked at my collection in 2 years, was just sitting in boxes in my closet. So I've finally decided it's time to sell and have begun that process. I still have a hockey collection of former Minnesota State University players that I will still keep building on, and also will keep some of my Ripken stuff.

I've sort of moved on to video game collecting and have found that more enjoyable lately. I still love cards, but just needed something new!

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Looking through an old thread and I was getting frustrated with the "Photobucket No Image" thing, so my attention turned to the names who posted from that old thread. I wonder where these people are? Did they even say good bye before they left???? Any of these guys lurking?? If anything it was a good trip through FCB memory lane.

[MENTION=8332]BiggioBrooks755[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7109]RAZOR-Z[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1742]predatorkj[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2443]Fandruw25[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3754]MansGame[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7804]Dilferules[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6366]ASTROBURN[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2805]thelesquad[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6250]rickey5191[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10018]BenG76[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1866]muskiesfan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2738]uniquebaseballcards[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2763]theplasticman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2080]bouwob[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3848]TBTwinsFan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2999]Card Magnet[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2179]Thumpersports[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2869]Jastermereel[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1727]ThoseBackPages[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2178]MOFNY[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1864]ffgameman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1743]wolfmanalfredo[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4248]rum151man[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2710]markakis8[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2425]marterburn[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2761]Anthony[/MENTION] K
[MENTION=3065]CollectorsCorner[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1989]Cobra29svt[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1839]LaneyB[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1744]jarcar[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1898]ronfromfresno[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2180]blitzerlover[/MENTION]

Man, oh man! It’s been a while. I had left the game a few years ago when I sold off a bunch of rarer cards to help fund a honeymoon with my new wife. Life has totally changed for me since I was last on here. I’m slowly creeping back into the game and replenishing some of what I sold. It won’t be as hardcore as it was before, and I’ll probably be more of a lurker than anything on the boards. I loved going through the 90s thread again.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Man, oh man! It’s been a while. I had left the game a few years ago when I sold off a bunch of rarer cards to help fund a honeymoon with my new wife. Life has totally changed for me since I was last on here. I’m slowly creeping back into the game and replenishing some of what I sold. It won’t be as hardcore as it was before, and I’ll probably be more of a lurker than anything on the boards. I loved going through the 90s thread again.

Hey I remember you! Welcome back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Wasn't on the list, but I used to be active in the Cal Ripken thread. Hadn't even looked at my collection in 2 years, was just sitting in boxes in my closet. So I've finally decided it's time to sell and have begun that process. I still have a hockey collection of former Minnesota State University players that I will still keep building on, and also will keep some of my Ripken stuff.

I've sort of moved on to video game collecting and have found that more enjoyable lately. I still love cards, but just needed something new!
Wow! Did you end up doing this on your own? How goes the process?? Amazing collection, I wonder if someone picked up a bulk of it??

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
So awesome! I’m glad you still have a passion for the player!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Sorry, I haven't been around much lately. Slowed down on buying cards for a while. I'm getting the itch to get back to it again though. I have to step back and take a break every once in a while.
I was going to check out going to a ball game together this season.....but looks like I'll have to postpone on that, for now, as no minor league games this year!

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
Hello again; I've been dabbling in cards for the last couple months. I might have purchased a lot more than intended but after selling most of my collection a decade ago, why not buy more?

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Hello again; I've been dabbling in cards for the last couple months. I might have purchased a lot more than intended but after selling most of my collection a decade ago, why not buy more?
Hello!!! So are you dabbling in Griffey’s? Or just random cards?

Members online

Latest posts