Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Old Supplies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I've been going through some old cards and reholdering them. I've got a few insert sets from the 90s, like 1993 SP Platinum Power and 1994 SP Holoview, that I put into screwdowns way back then and they have been in there ever since, so I've been taking them out and putting them in new, clean penny sleeves and top-loaders. And others that I've had in toploaders have been going in new ones. I now have a big box of supplies I won't reuse. Some of these were likely the original holders they came in when I bought them after coming back to the hobby in 1991, making them kind of antiques in themselves. Most are identical to new products, but I've got a few top-loaders where the side walls are extra wide, shrinking the space available inside while the overall width is the same. I wonder if that was some weird brand or just a change that was made at some point. And the team bags the screwdowns were in, same stuff as today but just really old.

I dunno why I am posting this, it just struck me that some of the oldest parts of my collection are the supplies. I almost want to keep them just out of retentiveness even though they're dusty old jusnk.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Those 4-corner screwdowns without a recess for the cards!? The thicker the better, amiright! :LOL:
Yes, I remember them well...still have some of those myself. In fact, I think my '93 Thomas Refractor and '68 Mantle are still in them. (No worries, each was put in a penny sleeve and the screws barely tight so as not to pinch the corners)

Members online

Latest posts