Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: Who got permanently banned from beckett?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
nborton said:
Even though this was an old post, just rereading it brought back memories. I never got banned during my 10 year span on bmb. Then again, most of the bannings had something to do with trading/selling. Neither of which I did on there.

I remember the dude posting the naked pics right before the switch too. Didn't they block everyone from posting for a bit to stop it? You could see the boards, but every post was locked. Or am I not remembering it correctly?

You had some guy posting ****, so first the locked everything while things were straightened out, then they made it so new users could post for x number of days, THEN it was that your posts had to pass a screener before they would register.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I did on the last day... about an hour before the old board was to be locked, I wrote something, tongue and cheek mind you, to the effect of "I guess this means that we can say anything we want now and the mods can't do anything about it - ANARCHY RULES!" Next thing I know, my account says I'm banned until the year 2156 or something insane like that. Good riddance, their board is now as obsolete as their magazine.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Rudzud said:
nborton said:
Even though this was an old post, just rereading it brought back memories. I never got banned during my 10 year span on bmb. Then again, most of the bannings had something to do with trading/selling. Neither of which I did on there.

I remember the dude posting the naked pics right before the switch too. Didn't they block everyone from posting for a bit to stop it? You could see the boards, but every post was locked. Or am I not remembering it correctly?

You had some guy posting ****, so first the locked everything while things were straightened out, then they made it so new users could post for x number of days, THEN it was that your posts had to pass a screener before they would register.

Yep, that was it exactly. I couldn't remember for the life of me how it went down.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
This thread was an entertaining way to kill 30 minutes or so.

The main thing I couldn't stand over there were the locked threads and deleted posts.

I got suspended once for calling something retarded but it was only for like 24 hours.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I did the night of the 2006 NLCS game 7. After the game.

That was a great freaking night.

Me and Anthony K had a fake argument and I got booted for like 300 years. Didn't even say anything really bad. Just that the other was a moron and whatnot.

I sent -Z- the most profanity laden e-mail you have ever seen the next day.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
phillyfan0417 said:
cgilmo said:
markakis8 said:
I see Sam Banks got the boot here, what did he do?

Sam is not banned

He is pretty active.

I think Sam Banks being banned is becoming a legendary myth like big foot and the loch ness monster.

No joke man. There's like a ton of people on two different boards saying I am perma banned from here.

Do they not even LOOK at the boards?

I post here regularly, :lol:

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
I got suspended for posting the scan of a pickup by a banned member, in a thread about that particular card that happened to come up - it was in the Hockey Forum by leafschik (who, I really had no problem with).

I only go there now to check pop reports, and you need an account to do that. Otherwise, I might have left there in a blaze of glory, too, just for the hell of it.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
I,like a bunch of other members,got suspended for life over the Gretzky RC's debacle.

I got suspended for 1 week for asking change1 if his mom smoked PCP when she was pregnant with him

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Sam Banks said:
phillyfan0417 said:
cgilmo said:
markakis8 said:

Sam is not banned

He is pretty active.

I think Sam Banks being banned is becoming a legendary myth like big foot and the loch ness monster.

No joke man. There's like a ton of people on two different boards saying I am perma banned from here.

I think the reason why Sam is because some of your old posts have all 0's beside it. Join date: 0 number of posts:0 ETC.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
G $MONEY$ said:
[quote="Sam Banks":bj54nhkr]
phillyfan0417 said:
cgilmo said:
markakis8 said:

Sam is not banned

He is pretty active.

I think the reason why Sam is because some of your old posts have all 0's beside it. Join date: 0 number of posts:0 ETC.[/quote:bj54nhkr]

that was a malfunction

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
cgilmo said:
G $MONEY$ said:
[quote="Sam Banks":26ruk83s]
phillyfan0417 said:
cgilmo said:
markakis8 said:

Sam is not banned

He is pretty active.

I think the reason why Sam is because some of your old posts have all 0's beside it. Join date: 0 number of posts:0 ETC.

that was a malfunction[/quote:26ruk83s]

As long as it's not a wardrobe malfunction, all will be well.

Joe

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
I must have been suspended on there about ten times.

I was suspended here once, but I don't even remember why :?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
To date, I have never received a reason as to why I was permabanned.

I have to believe that Sean Christian Wegman (Sean C.) lurks here. This is too popular of a site for him not to want to come to just because of allegiance to Beckett.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
How sad is it that I read this whole thread and didn't realize until 200lb pointed it out that this was an old thread?

Very sad.

I was briefly suspended once. Sly, flop, Scuba, ccouch, and I decided it was time to bring some of the fun of the old board (circa 2000-2003 or so) back and we had a throw down thread. Z locked it after about 15 posts, but via pm/email we convinced him to reopen it. It then went on for about 6 or 7 pages before I left work for home. When I got home I was suspended for "posting in a locked thread". I emailed to let them know I wasn't even on the board at that time so how the frick did I post (let alone in a locked thread), and they lifted the suspension.

Later learned that they had locked the thread again, but Scuba, Sly, and flop had figured out that if you hit the back button to go back to the posting screen you could post again even after it was locked. They quickly fixed that glitch.

Craig

Members online

Latest posts