Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Packs to the People: 2009 SP Legendary Cuts Street Break!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
PackBreakMissionary said:
Hola FCB'ers

My buddy and I just put the finishing touches on our new pack break episode, this time featuring Sp Legendary Cuts. We're doing these street breaks to turn box break videos on their heads, make em a little more watchable, and hopefully get some new people into the hobby. It's our first time doing baseball only but the people we ambushed on the street pulled some decent hits! Upper Deck sponsors these little jolts, so if you dig our stuff, please comment up our youtube page, it really helps us out. Enjoy!

Packs to the People: 2009 SP Legendary Cuts

Thanks,
Andrew

I need my 4:56 back.

You took it from me, incredibly unfairly.

PackBreakMissionary

Jun 16, 2009
moxacaine said:
you said the big hits will get sold. will the oates be going on ebay?

Yeah, we're probably pawning the Oates. We had one offer of $60 on it. It could be worth more; I honestly have no idea so I'm going to feel it out. Early three digits will definitely lock it up, though.

Andrew

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
This was entertaining. I can see why someone said they couldn't get past the first 30 seconds. I too was so close to just shutting it off when you said "sportscards mean everything to me." BUT, it got pretty good and funny. You are a funny guy that is clear. I figured you must have had a ton of packs opened to hit that cut live. I also love watching people who have NO idea what sportscards are open the packs. They were great. Especially the cut pull b/c clearly the woman had no idea what it was, but was happy simply due to your reaction to it.

I think the reason you almost lost me at the beginning is because of the "sportscards mean everything to me" line - I took that to be serious at first and thought "what a total geek" LOL. But after watching more, now I feel like it's one of those CLASSIC lines from a movie that will crack you up every time you hear it. I think it should be your opener for all your PTTP breaks!

Again, good job. Jeff N. needs to realize he's lost more of life's time on worse things - like several of the ridiculous and pointless rants I've seen him involved in on here. I can see this becoming one of them, so I'll point out that I'm just razzing you Jeff. :)

Nice work. What's your name? Welcome to the boards.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Not a bad idea. But i would have thought you let the people keep what they pulled in the pack.
It this not what your trying to do anyway, influence them into the hobby.

So why have them open them for you and then keep the cards. Does not seem right to me.
Since you say Upper Deck sponsored this little episode, then you where to give away what
was busted not keep it.

PackBreakMissionary

Jun 16, 2009
Bill Menard said:
This was entertaining. I can see why someone said they couldn't get past the first 30 seconds. I too was so close to just shutting it off when you said "sportscards mean everything to me." BUT, it got pretty good and funny. You are a funny guy that is clear. I figured you must have had a ton of packs opened to hit that cut live. I also love watching people who have NO idea what sportscards are open the packs. They were great. Especially the cut pull b/c clearly the woman had no idea what it was, but was happy simply due to your reaction to it.

I think the reason you almost lost me at the beginning is because of the "sportscards mean everything to me" line - I took that to be serious at first and thought "what a total geek" LOL. But after watching more, now I feel like it's one of those CLASSIC lines from a movie that will crack you up every time you hear it. I think it should be your opener for all your PTTP breaks!

Nice work. What's your name? Welcome to the boards.

This feedback actually gives me quite a bit of new insight, thanks! And yeah, it took a ton of packs to hit that cut, lots of rejection too. About 12 total hours of filming. Glad you figured that first line out. I don't think people understand how totally cool card collecting is now, or the radical direction its heading in, and I think it'll take a passionate personality to get through to them. The footage of me playing it cool...its boring. Geeky is way better, trust me. My name is Andrew, thanks much for the welcome and the compliments.

Pine Tar said:
Not a bad idea. But i would have thought you let the people keep what they pulled in the pack.
It this not what your trying to do anyway, influence them into the hobby. So why have them open them for you and then keep the cards. Does not seem right to me. Since you say Upper Deck sponsored this little episode, then you where to give away what was busted not keep it.

A lot of the people do get to keep what they pull, just not the case hits. This is not to say that they never will, they just haven't so far. And some don't want to. That girl with the cut just handed it straight back to me. It didn't interest her. No sense in having those sorts keep the cards.

Jesusmontero said:
thumbs up. That was pretty funny
Ian Stewart said:
Brilliant stuff. Seriously. I really enjoyed that.

Thanks guys!

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
HILLARIOUS brotha! :lol: I liked it so much that I watched several more after the first was over! One of the funniest things you did with almost every "hit" was raise your voice/yell & on several account's I think you scared the "unsuspecting civilian's" :lol: (I think you almost got the shat knocked out of you on one occassion as it looked like the guy wasn't too thrilled with you yelling in his ear...but I loved it & I think you knew what you were doing each time you did it too...you'd see the "hit" & OHHHHHHHHHHH! :eek: :shock: ) :lol:

Keep up the great work, you've gained a new viewer! :D

PackBreakMissionary

Jun 16, 2009
HoustonTeams4Me said:
One of the funniest things you did with almost every "hit" was raise your voice/yell & on several account's I think you scared the "unsuspecting civilian's"

Keep up the great work, you've gained a new viewer! :D

Yeah, I've seen some pretty ridiculous pull-celebrations in card stores before. One guy started running laps around the register island, then did push-ups. It's a good feeling, a great pull, for sure.

Very happy to have another viewer! We have diabolical things in store for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts