Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===== Pay-It-Forward Discussion ========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
I see where all of the negativity is coming from, but what if these cards are genuinely going into PCs? Also, if you have cards of such high value posted, there are some people who don't have cards with those high values to put up so it may potentially drive some people away. I'm not participating because I don't have much with value nor have I seen a card for my PC posted. Not everybody has $50+ cards laying around. Its all in good spirits so why worry about the value?

I don't think it's as much about the value as not wanting it to die. It can't perpetuate without people offering up quality; PCable cards.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I see where all of the negativity is coming from, but what if these cards are genuinely going into PCs? Also, if you have cards of such high value posted, there are some people who don't have cards with those high values to put up so it may potentially drive some people away. I'm not participating because I don't have much with value nor have I seen a card for my PC posted. Not everybody has $50+ cards laying around. Its all in good spirits so why worry about the value?

I think the idea was "is the card I'm putting up for grabs something someone would take and put into their PC"... if that is the case, then post it... if it is a "lot" of just cards for free with McDonalds coupons, that's something to be saved for a Garage Sale Giveaway Thread... This is just my opinion but I would agree the thread that the thread is headed in the wrong direction.... No card or cards should last more than a day or MAYBE two if they are free and worth putting in someones PC

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012

I understand the whole not being able to match value for value. Hell I claimed a 100$ card and put up 2 that have only 50$ sale value but there is another thread up for lower end cards and that is where some of this stuff should be posted. That's all I was saying and it's not like some of the people claiming these cards are taking them for their PC. They are picking them up for friends(which is an awesome gesture) but putting up a lot of leftovers for someone else to claim

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
I'm expecting this to be the next card

$(KGrHqN,!iUF!rZOEgkGBQTkmFfVFg~~60_3.JPG

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I took a $2.00 card and replaced it with a $25-$30 card and didn't XXXXX about it because my understanding was that this was more a thread about giving others the chance to add something to their PC with no strings attached other than to post another's card. I was just happy to see it go to someone who really wanted it for their collection and hope it brought a smile to someone's face.

Then when someone else got screwed by a member (such a shame), I turned around and sent the guy more cards from me with no strings attached to try and bail him out somewhat and NO ONE joined with me in doing so! I was shocked that no one else offered to send him anything, but again kept quiet about it, but now I'm just tired of the whining about all the expectations when there are NONE that were to be associated with this thread. I even inquired about some guidelines way back on the first couple of pages when this was just getting off the ground, but the OP wanted to just keep it open ended, which as i thought about, I liked because it allowed everyone a chance to participate.

If there is a change of heart now that you see what is happening, then perhaps the person who started the thread should put up some guidelines in the initial post as to what is/is not acceptable to do. Otherwise, please stop crying about the selection of cards... Especially if you aren't even participating, or start your own rolling open ended equal value trade thread, which is essentially what you are looking for based on your comments.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I took a $2.00 card and replaced it with a $25-$30 card and didn't XXXXX about it because my understanding was that this was more a thread about giving others the chance to add something to their PC with no strings attached other than to post another's card. I was just happy to see it go to someone who really wanted it for their collection and hope it brought a smile to someone's face.

Then when someone else got screwed by a member (such a shame), I turned around and sent the guy more cards from me with no strings attached to try and bail him out somewhat and NO ONE joined with me in doing so! I was shocked that no one else offered to send him anything, but again kept quiet about it, but now I'm just tired of the whining about all the expectations when there are NONE that were to be associated with this thread. I even inquired about some guidelines way back on the first couple of pages when this was just getting off the ground, but the OP wanted to just keep it open ended, which as i thought about, I liked because it allowed everyone a chance to participate.

If there is a change of heart now that you see what is happening, then perhaps the person who started the thread should put up some guidelines in the initial post as to what is/is not acceptable to do. Otherwise, please stop crying about the selection of cards... Especially if you aren't even participating, or start your own rolling open ended equal value trade thread, which is essentially what you are looking for based on your comments.

To your one point "perhaps the person who started the thread should put up some guidelines in the initial post as to what is/is not acceptable to do" - I couldn't agree more

To your second point "Especially if you aren't even participating" - Maybe people, including myself, aren't participating yet because they haven't seen anything they want for their PC, which by design should mean they don't take a card someone else might want for their PC... that is what I thought the concept of the thread was suppose to be... don't take a card to just flip it or sell it but to put in your collection and it be a card you injoy.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Then when someone else got screwed by a member (such a shame), I turned around and sent the guy more cards from me with no strings attached to try and bail him out somewhat and NO ONE joined with me in doing so! I was shocked that no one else offered to send him anything, but again kept quiet about it,

Probably shouldn't assume things that aren't totally true.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca

Ummmm if you were so quiet, then why are you even bringing it up? This whole thing is about paying it forward not telling people your good deeds.

HOFMAN - Post some damn rules already so people know what the hell to do. Its not enough to just pay it forward, they need guidelines.

Need to leave god damn coupons out of the mix though.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Ummmm if you were so quiet, then why are you even bringing it up? This whole thing is about paying it forward not telling people your good deeds.

HOFMAN - Post some damn rules already so people know what the hell to do. Its not enough to just pay it forward, they need guidelines.

Lol, well said.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

Steve (charsupv) sent that person stuff, as he mentioned below. He just didnt feel the need to gain internet points by posting about it.

Probably shouldn't assume things that aren't totally true.

A_Pharis

I think this is better that this stays "Member" maintained, but if everyone comes to a consensus decision on anything that goes on, I'll see what needs to be done.

FWIW - I'm not in favor of big lots of $0.05 cards and a free calendar of coupons. You guys are free to request he not be sent what he "claimed" in lieu of him being able to provide 1 or 2 cards in return.

I know a few people have claimed multiple items, but I will step in if I feel like certain people are abusing the generosity of others by turning it into "I am going to claim this nice card and put up this load of crap within reach of my desk".

A_Pharis

I think it needs to stay open ended... but everyone should remember that the rules of the forum supersede the rules of the thread.
I feel like taking advantage of the generosity is a form of breaking rule #1. As long as people stay cool about it - that's fine... but there's a difference between "not being able to offer much" and just throwing stuff in for the sake of being able to claim something nice.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I thought this one was a some what higher value Pay-It forward thread

And Joe (Muskiesfan) started a Pay-it forward low end thread.......Then those coupons could have been given away in that thread. Sad to see the wheels have kind of fallen off in this one. But it will get back on track soon enough.

Someone needs to bump up the low-end thread so the samller value ones can be claimed it there.

Just my 2 cents.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts