Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Peyton Manning question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
What is the highest one has seen his contenders rc auto go for in the past several years? Any help is appreciated.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
I tracked these from January-August 2008. Not sure why I stopped. Either way, the raw copies in that time sold anywhere from $2,700-$6,400. I am sure the sigs were part of the reason for the price differential. These cards are crazy sporadic and you never know what to expect with them. The prices in the past 2 weeks are an indicator of this. In that same time period charted earlier a PSA 9 went for at least $5K and went as high $6,012. At the end of the day these cards are going to eventually dry up, especially the ones in high grade with a decent sig.

I presume you are watching the one that ends tonight? Be careful as the current high bidder has over 50% bidding with the seller. I will admit that the copy being offered right now has a beautiful sig.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Thanks for the help Chris. When looking at the bidder I see the 50 percent, but does that mean on all the buyers auctions?

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
bmp1 said:
Thanks for the help Chris. When looking at the bidder I see the 50 percent, but does that mean on all the buyers auctions?

What that means unless my interpretation is wrong is that 57% of the auctions the current high bidder bids on are with the seller of the Contenders. The current high bidder has 100%, which means that he only bids on auctions from the seller. Not looking good. I have stayed away from auctions for far less of a %.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
RITM said:
bmp1 said:

What that means unless my interpretation is wrong is that 57% of the auctions the current high bidder bids on are with the seller of the Contenders. The current high bidder has 100%, which means that he only bids on auctions from the seller. Not looking good. I have stayed away from auctions for far less of a %.

...so 4200?

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
RITM said:
$4,200 was the final bid

You could rent half an island for two weekdays in off-season at that price!

I love seeing these sell for a ton.

So for those keeping track at home, 4 copies have sold since December 29th, ranging from $1,950-$4,200. In case anyone is wondering, the $1,950 sale was on a BGS Authentic that had been altered. Seller said someone took a marker to the blue border to try to fill it in. A BGS 8.5 with an 8 on the autograph sold for $3,700.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
RITM said:
bmp1 said:

Just as a heads up that high bidder with 100 percent was me. I only bid on the manning so it showed up that way. Interesting to know when looking at future auctions. Just missed this card. Dang. Thanks for the info ritm.

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
bmp1 said:
RITM said:
bmp1 said:

Just as a heads up that high bidder with 100 percent was me. I only bid on the manning so it showed up that way. Interesting to know when looking at future auctions. Just missed this card. Dang. Thanks for the info ritm.

The card in your sig is the one I've always wanted. If you ever decide to part with it, lmk. :cool:

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Will do tide. His contenders is next on the list. Lost this one by $50 ::facepalm::

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
bmp1 said:
Will do tide. His contenders is next on the list. Lost this one by $50 ::facepalm::

Ouch and I did not consider the bid activity on the 100% would be yours.

I would guess at these prices there will be more being listed. I have been communicating with some pretty high end Manning collectors. Let me see if any of them have a copy they plan on moving. At one point one of these guys had 5 or 6 copies.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Sounds good and thanks. I am wondering how many times one like myself makes a bid on a card and it shows 100% with seller because I do not bid often and usually only on 1 item.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
The winner of the auction came in last minute and bid on the card. He/She had no bids with this sellar and am pretty sure it is legit. I will let you know if a second offer is offered. :D

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
The big factor with these cards is the sig. If you displayed the card the sig is gone. I have seen copies with a small portion of the sig left. This has led some owners to either wipe the sig and forge it or take it back to Peyton to get signed. I did not take a good look at the card auctioned other than the sig. The majority of these graded by BGS are 8.0 or lower on the grading scale. The dark blue border is the key. These were printed, sent to Peyton, signed and boxed up, unpacked and seeded in the boxes and found by collectors. So hard to find one in a solid grade. I think BGS has only slabbed one 9.5. For those unaware of the other specifics there were only 200 copies of this card produced.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
RITM said:
The big factor with these cards is the sig. If you displayed the card the sig is gone. I have seen copies with a small portion of the sig left. This has led some owners to either wipe the sig and forge it or take it back to Peyton to get signed. I did not take a good look at the card auctioned other than the sig. The majority of these graded by BGS are 8.0 or lower on the grading scale. The dark blue border is the key. These were printed, sent to Peyton, signed and boxed up, unpacked and seeded in the boxes and found by collectors. So hard to find one in a solid grade. I think BGS has only slabbed one 9.5. For those unaware of the other specifics there were only 200 copies of this card produced.

Man, that Tennessee team was great. Seemed like everyone got injured at some point or another though. Peyton leaves and steroids infiltrate locker-room thanks to T!

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Has the copy being auctioned now been listed previously? For some reason the comment about photography sounded familiar.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
It just seems that there's always something interesting going on when these cards go to auction. I noticed one copy dropped in price close to $1,500 today. Bidder realized they entered the wrong bid two days after placing the bid. Not saying that is shady but it always seems that these have something going on when offered.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
RITM said:
It just seems that there's always something interesting going on when these cards go to auction. I noticed one copy dropped in price close to $1,500 today. Bidder realized they entered the wrong bid two days after placing the bid. Not saying that is shady but it always seems that these have something going on when offered.

You saw one sell for $1500? Dang, that would have been a nice pickup. These cards seem to be all over the place.

Members online