Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pictures/Info/CHECKLIST for 2010 Bowman Platinum Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Pictures/Info for 2010 Bowman Platinum Baseball

" The Platinum Chrome autographs will all be signed on-card and the checklist includes 48 minor league stars "

" Set to arrive in mid-November, the new line will include two on-card autographed Refractors and one autographed patch card per 24-pack box. Each pack will include three Platinum cards and two Chrome prospect cards. "

So from that, it sounds like Platinum Chrome autos, are on card and patch cards might not be.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Time for another "if I had to guess" moment.

If I had to guess, I doubt this product will be replacing Bowman Sterling. If you recall, Sterling combines the better players of Bowman Chrome and Bowman Draft Picks. This new Bowman Platinum has no 2010 draft picks within the checklist. Think of this as a souped-up version of Bowman's Best.

(Remember, this is only a guess.)

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
moxacaine said:
anyone else think all these products are just watering the market down and will cause all the new prospect products to drop drastically?

No, people are screaming about not enough stuff to choose from. The joe six pack know it all prospect collector is booming right now. So this will just feed the appetite.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
matchpenalty said:
moxacaine said:
anyone else think all these products are just watering the market down and will cause all the new prospect products to drop drastically?

No, people are screaming about not enough stuff to choose from. The joe six pack know it all prospect collector is booming right now. So this will just feed the appetite.

it may, i know its making me not wanna buy any new prospect products.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
It all depends. You know they will be asking more for Platinum than Sterling since it is NEW and since Strasburg is in it. The checklist is only as good as the price per pack/box....

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
-I like the sound of the parallels.

-On card autos = cool, but Horizontal autos = Fail

-At first glance it appears that about 70% of the prospects on the checklist have already been in another product.

-Not to mention what will probably be a ridiculously high (read: unaffordable for the average collector) box price.

I'm not impressed at all.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
yankeesfan24 said:
im still not thrilled by this, probably because i am not sure that it will NOT take Bowman Sterling's place. if that is the case i could care less

It Wont take its place. There will still be sterling

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

-At first glance it appears that about 70% of the prospects on the checklist have already been in another product.

-Not to mention what will probably be a ridiculously high (read: unaffordable for the average collector) box price.

, Bowman Platinum, on Friday, a product that carries some high-end possible hits at a lesser price point.
Thats what was posted on beckett.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
gogosox40 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

, Bowman Platinum, on Friday, a product that carries some high-end possible hits at a lesser price point.
Thats what was posted on beckett.

To me, the price will either make or break this product. What makes Bowman/Bowman Chrome/ Bowman Draft products so successful is their low initial starting points.

This one will surely be successful because Strasburg is a part of it, but there's a difference between a successful product and a good product.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Some good news. :cool:

I decided to ask Chris Olds what the SRP was. His response:

Topps doesn't release SRP info with its info. Cost should be around $4-5 a pack/$100-120 a box based on factory cost.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Jaypers said:

Topps doesn't release SRP info with its info. Cost should be around $4-5 a pack/$100-120 a box based on factory cost.
Thats what Topps Platinum Football was as well.FYI retail was loaded for the football version.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Jaypers said:

You won't be able to touch this for less than $150. I promise you. Possibly not less than $200.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts