Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors 1500+ Club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
I have a little over 4700 Ripken cards scanned front and back posted in my bucket.
Plus 77 Spx Ironman Gold, 55 2007 SPx Ironman Platinum (Not scanned) and about 50 non-Beckett (checklist) recognized.

* Sets such as Star Company, Burger King, Fleer Commemorative (50K and 2632), etc are counted as one.

Last edited:

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Just went over 1,500 different Josh Hamilton cards!! Yeah!!

This is my 3rd entry into the 1,500 club. I have easily surpassed this mark twice before with Juan Gonzalez and Pudge Rodriguez.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Sitting at 3768 different Rickey Henderson cards in hand, with about 6 coming. Trying to get to that 3800 mark soon!:D Also have about 4000 duplicate Henderson cards, (250 1990 Upper Deck, 175 1981 Donruss etc.) that are not in the total. Not counting about 100+ magazines and maybe 50 posters and lots of oddities/statues/figurines. Maybe I am obsessed?

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
You wish it was that easy until you can't find any new cards lol Does feel nice to have the complete feeling.

Damn you for! Lol!:p Seriously, I didn't set out to have every Bagwell card. I want them all of course. But I just want to have a long term project. I think I'm doing okay with that. All you can do is keep ticking along... And hey, honestly you can't take them to the grave. Just gotta have fun and enjoy what you can.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
True. I think I'm going to try and reach the 1,500 club with Gwynn lol

Yeah but the Gwynn collector will always have ya beat. Anybody with over 4,000 of their player is a big dog IMO. That takes true dedication over many years. I think you've done quite great with your Cammi collection!

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Thanks, I've only been collecting Caminiti for 15 months. Concentrating on my Gwynn collection has nothing to do with any other collector's collection although Matt's collection is extremely awesome. I left the hobby several times over the course of the last 11 years or so. Wish I would have decided who I wanted to collect and been more consistent with it instead of buying wax and collecting a whole bunch of different players.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Being in the 3,000 or 4,000 or 5,000 club is crazy insane and def makes you a big dog! BUT I tend to give more credit to what % of the players cards do you own. This is only my opinion but for a player like Albert Belle for example, he only has 2,627 cards out there, so reaching something like 4,000 different cards of his is just not going to happen lol.

My personal goal is to reach 90% of Albert Belle's outstanding cards. I feel like if you have 90% of your players beckett recognized cards, then you're a big dog as well ;)

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Being in the 3,000 or 4,000 or 5,000 club is crazy insane and def makes you a big dog! BUT I tend to give more credit to what % of the players cards do you own. This is only my opinion but for a player like Albert Belle for example, he only has 2,627 cards out there, so reaching something like 4,000 different cards of his is just not going to happen lol.

My personal goal is to reach 90% of Albert Belle's outstanding cards. I feel like if you have 90% of your players beckett recognized cards, then you're a big dog as well

I am pretty sure this thread was started not to compare collections. Just a celebration of mutual respect. Maybe you can try starting a 80% Club and see what collections you can get to join? There would probably be quite a few since it could include newer players and lesser produced players. Either way, I am not a fan of comparing. Any player collector is Top Dog in my book!!

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I am pretty sure this thread was started not to compare collections. Just a celebration of mutual respect. Maybe you can try starting a 80% Club and see what collections you can get to join? There would probably be quite a few since it could include newer players and lesser produced players. Either way, I am not a fan of comparing. Any player collector is Top Dog in my book!!

Well my comment was meant more towards the humbling effect I personally get from seeing other people's collections. I guess I feel no matter how hard I try, there will always be someone out there with a bigger and better collection than mine. It shouldn't matter though. It's just like if I collected Griffey for a few years I'd probably be like..."damn I've got a great collection", and then you see someone like Magicpappa and then..."uhhh...never mind." ...slowly putting my Griffey collection in a box and shoving it under my bed like it doesn't exist!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
We cant. I have a 1 of 1 that you will never have, so it is an unreachable goal. But fun to try nonetheless.

Likewise. But I'm in for the long haul. Sides...can't take any of this stuff to the grave. You may outlive all of us and have the ultimate bagwell collection!

Members online

Latest posts