Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors-Boxes or Binders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
While I'm not a player collector, I do collect (& have probably 500 or more different) promo/sample cards.

The baseball are all in binders (except doubles) while all other sports/ entertainment are in a shoe box.

But I'm planning to move all the non baseball singles into binders, leaving only doubles in the boxes.

Its just more fun to look at them easily in a binder.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Boxes, in top loaders or other rigid case. With > 1000 cards of my guys, binders are too unwieldy. Plus, many cards are too thick to sit in pages without being damaged, if they fit at all.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
100% in binders
If you use the correct pages and dont overfill the binder, you can put all your cards in them IMO
I have 6 binders for my Cuddy cards

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Most base cards and less expensive inserts are in binders. Thicker cards and valuable cards I put in toploaders/magnetics and then into boxes.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Everything in penny sleeves and toploaders in boxes for my Olerud PC. That way you don't have to have different storage for thick cards, since toploaders come in many different thicknesses. The main reason I don't use binders is that it'd be a pain in the butt to have to rearrange the cards every time I got new ones.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Kmccall93

May 9, 2013
I too use binders for my Player collections, and if you are completely crazy over the top, you can leave gaps in the pages for the cards you are missing....not that I am that invested in my player collections *cough cough*. However, leaving some autographs in binders will stick to the ink and trash it....lesson learned on my Hines ward contender auto RV.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I too use binders for my Player collections, and if you are completely crazy over the top, you can leave gaps in the pages for the cards you are missing....not that I am that invested in my player collections *cough cough*. However, leaving some autographs in binders will stick to the ink and trash it....lesson learned on my Hines ward contender auto RV.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

If I did use binders that's what I would do :)

oiccup41

Aug 27, 2010
Maine
and if you are completely crazy over the top, you can leave gaps in the pages for the cards you are missing....

That is exactly what I do. I have two player collections, my Rice collection is in sleeves and toploaders with some of the odd shaped cards in an binder while my Tiant collection is in binders. I prefer the binders because it is easier to look at and a sheet full of parallels looks awesome.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
3-row Super Shoe Boxes / Toploaders / Penny Sleeves. I think it provides the best protection. Cards in binders can get damaged, fall out, and curl if not stored flat. Binders aren't very friendly for resorting or adding new discoveries in order.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I have some wall displays and a jewelry display box. most though I keep in binders. there easy to store and fun and easy to go through and access your cards.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
2 rows are too small. My LCS carries both, but I usually buy all storage supplies at big Chicago shows, as they are cheaper.

Tip: Talk to the owner of your LCS, he can probably get them from the same supplier he's getting the 2-rows. If he knows you'll buy some, should be worth him ordering some.

Super Shoe Box Cardboard Box

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I also go with the super shoeboxes. Speaking of, does anyone remember who was making those shoebox dividers that you could have printed with years or teams, etc.? Was that [MENTION=1816]All In Cards[/MENTION]?

2 rows are too small. My LCS carries both, but I usually buy all storage supplies at big Chicago shows, as they are cheaper.

Tip: Talk to the owner of your LCS, he can probably get them from the same supplier he's getting the 2-rows. If he knows you'll buy some, should be worth him ordering some.
Super Shoe Box Cardboard Box

I wil try that. Thanks