Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Precious Metal Gems Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98pmgs

Nov 6, 2021
California
Hi!

Very interested in
1998 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems #/50.
Base version.

Looking to buy some!
But also-- even if not selling, please show off what you've got 98/99!

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• img300.jpg
    img300.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 14

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Not for sale but I'll take the opportunity to show off my PMGs:

1998:

98metalpmg.jpg

1999:

102721.jpg 99metalgemsbb.jpg 99metalgemhinch.jpg 99metalgemstairs.jpg

The baseball cards are sort of burying the lede, though, since I have these two football ones:

dilferjones97pmggreen-smaller.jpg

Plus the regular red versions of these two and Lorenzo Neal. The Back of the Dilfer (first 15 were green, last 135 red):

dilfer97pmggreenback.jpg

And the regular/50 1998 Dilfer as well as the unnumbered bankruptcy version, and the Gem Masters 1/1...unnumbered bankruptcy card.

98metalgems.jpg 98metalpmgnno.jpg 98metalgemmasternno.jpg

98pmgs

Nov 6, 2021
California
Not for sale but I'll take the opportunity to show off my PMGs:

1998:

View attachment 315162

1999:

View attachment 315163 View attachment 315164 View attachment 315165 View attachment 315166

The baseball cards are sort of burying the lede, though, since I have these two football ones:

View attachment 315168

Plus the regular red versions of these two and Lorenzo Neal. The Back of the Dilfer (first 15 were green, last 135 red):

View attachment 315170

And the regular/50 1998 Dilfer as well as the unnumbered bankruptcy version, and the Gem Masters 1/1...unnumbered bankruptcy card.

View attachment 315171 View attachment 315172 View attachment 315173

Oh wow, I think we're looking at the best Trent Dilfer cards money can buy right here.
Not only do they appeal to Dilfer collectors, but also PMG collectors.

I used to collect basketball cards, but have since moved onto baseball/football PMGs. I'll post here periodically!

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I bought a 98 Damion Easley a few years ago just to see what they looked like. If I ever unload it, you'll be the first to know. I'm bummed they never did the green/red PMGs for baseball.

98pmgs

Nov 6, 2021
California
I bought a 98 Damion Easley a few years ago just to see what they looked like. If I ever unload it, you'll be the first to know. I'm bummed they never did the green/red PMGs for baseball.
I love the background that Easily has, and would love to buy it from you if you want to sell it.

Thank you!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I totally forgot for a bit that I actually pulled a football Green PMG from a box back in the day. Christmas 1999 I got a box of 1997 Metal and pulled this (forgive the old terrible scan):

greengems.gif

Kordell Stewart 1997 Green Precious Metal Gems 007/150 (first 15 green). I wanted to trade rather than sell but I wanted cards for my main collection (Trent Dilfer) so it was tough to match up with anybody...I ended up trading it to a Steelers fan for a 1999 Pacific Blue/75 Brett Favre and some other low-end stuff. This was back when Favre was the man in football so it's not quite as bad as it sounds, but with hindsight it was pretty awful. I can't remember if I ended up trading or selling the Favre, but the biggest Dilfer collector at the time lived in Wisconsin so there's a good chance I did at least end up trading it to him for some nice stuff I still have in my collection. Kind of makes me wonder where the Kordell Stewart is now, though.

98pmgs

Nov 6, 2021
California
I totally forgot for a bit that I actually pulled a football Green PMG from a box back in the day. Christmas 1999 I got a box of 1997 Metal and pulled this (forgive the old terrible scan):

View attachment 315291

Kordell Stewart 1997 Green Precious Metal Gems 007/150 (first 15 green). I wanted to trade rather than sell but I wanted cards for my main collection (Trent Dilfer) so it was tough to match up with anybody...I ended up trading it to a Steelers fan for a 1999 Pacific Blue/75 Brett Favre and some other low-end stuff. This was back when Favre was the man in football so it's not quite as bad as it sounds, but with hindsight it was pretty awful. I can't remember if I ended up trading or selling the Favre, but the biggest Dilfer collector at the time lived in Wisconsin so there's a good chance I did at least end up trading it to him for some nice stuff I still have in my collection. Kind of makes me wonder where the Kordell Stewart is now, though.

Haha man, don't blame you moving Kordell for Favre. Who would have known these cards would have exploded in terms of popularity and value.
PMG's truly are one of the most beautiful cards of all time.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hey, that Kordell is kickass. I kinda met the guy when I was at CU back in the day. I was throwing the football around with some buddies when the ball flew out into the street. He was walking by and threw it back in, and one of the guys said hey, that was Kordell Stewart! We all said that was pretty cool, and went back to what we were doing. This was before he was "Slash". Nice memory.

And a badass card too. Especially since you pulled it! Kordell was a legit dude.

View attachment 315291