Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PROMOS/SAMPLES/PREVIEWS/PROTOTYPES/PRE-PRODUCTIONS/TESTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Presumably, the whole 1990 Donruss set was ran in test form. As for that Gwynn being authentic, it's good. The font is exactly what you want it to be with exactly the right placement.

edited to add: the darkness in the scan is the contrast setting of him scanner...the Maddux I purchased from him looked the same in his pictures.

The known fakes out there are aftermarket stamps in the wrong font and wrong placement.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
donruss92DKsuper_F18.jpg
donruss92DK_F18.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
MartinFFcollector said:
BunchOBull said:
Presumably, the whole 1990 Donruss set was ran in test form. As for that Gwynn being authentic, it's good.

You ever seen a Aqueous over 300?

I haven't...I passed on that Gwynn. I can't believe they'd do a aqueous test on a BC card.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I can't say I've particularly seen an aqueous test on a card past 300, but I've seen them popping up on cards that weren't on the checklist...and they pass all of the requirements.

That Gwynn was the real deal. Sorry you passed.

As for them doing Aqueous Tests on cards numbered "BC-#," they most certainly did...

The following "BC-#" cards are on the AT checklist:

Alvin Davis MVP
Bo Jackson MVP
Dave Stewart MVP
Pedro Guerrero MVP
Tim Raines MVP
Kirby Puckett MVP

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Add BC-5 to that as I have the Hershiser. It's assumed BC1-BC9 was made. One guy has 7 (Missing Puckett and Guerrero). Check out the Blue/White update on PSA. Bob added some interesting info.

What checklist are you referring too?

BunchOBull said:
I can't say I've particularly seen an aqueous test on a card past 300, but I've seen them popping up on cards that weren't on the checklist...and they pass all of the requirements.

That Gwynn was the real deal. Sorry you passed.

As for them doing Aqueous Tests on cards numbered "BC-#," they most certainly did...

The following "BC-#" cards are on the AT checklist:

Alvin Davis MVP
Bo Jackson MVP
Dave Stewart MVP
Pedro Guerrero MVP
Tim Raines MVP
Kirby Puckett MVP

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
predatorkj said:
TNP777 said:

Is that what I think it is? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
If you think it's a '92 Diamond Kings Super, then it is what you think it is! :D

As always, I must give credit to Drew (ajw). A dealer I know had it sitting in his online store for years, but I never pulled the trigger on his asking price because it was sooooo much higher than Beckett said it was 'worth'. Drew told me just how rare the things were, so I contacted the dealer and worked out a very nice price for it and a few other Butler rarities. Every time I show it off, other player collectors validate just how rare the '92 Supers are, so I know I made the right decision in picking it up.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
MartinFFcollector said:
Add BC-5 to that as I have the Hershiser. It's assumed BC1-BC9 was made. One guy has 7 (Missing Puckett and Guerrero). Check out the Blue/White update on PSA. Bob added some interesting info.

Thanks for the tip, I've never been to that site. Very good stuff. So at least I can be more confident it is a real card... and it seems quite rare. Thanks again.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Ooo, how did I miss this thread... I think I can find something to post. Some of the scans cut off the bottom, but I'm too lazy to fix it right now :)

aqueousf.jpg
aqueousb.jpg

93selectprooff.jpg
93selectproofb.jpg

bwfront.jpg
bwback.jpg

promos1f.jpg

promos1b.jpg

promos2f.jpg

promos2b.jpg

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
I've been meaning to PM you some info to answer your Blue/White question. Glad you saw it.

jarcar said:
MartinFFcollector said:

Thanks for the tip, I've never been to that site. Very good stuff. So at least I can be more confident it is a real card... and it seems quite rare. Thanks again.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
MartinFFcollector said:
Unsure what these usually sell for. '92 Super DK, $4 shipped. Although I'd be concerned with getting a creased card in a large PWE for the $1 shipping charge.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290322278102&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Also found a Julio Franco for under $3 shipped but asked for a pic to make sure. If so, I'll post that one here as well. NEVERMIND-NORMAL SIZED CARD ON SPORTSBUY, labeled as a Super DK.
There was a Butler listed the same way on sportlots last year. I was going to pull the trigger on it, but decided to ask questions first. Would have been cool to have two; I could have had a graded one for my registry.