Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about "donruss ReCollection"...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
I don't understand...Every one I see on ebay is autographed but all they have is a stamp that says donruss recollection. I do not see a certificate of authenticity anywhere on any of them...Does that seem fishy to anyone else or is it just me?

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Pretty much, other than the stamp and a serial number on the back, there is not other designation that I can remember about the autograph. Have pulled a few and they are all like that though. Never seen a Recollection Collection stamp without an autograph.

Mamunrud

Aug 14, 2008
Dubuque, Iowa
My Puckett auto from this set has the Recollection Collection foil stamp but it also has a stamped embossed Donruss "Authentic Signature" pressed into the card. You can barely make it out in the scan, it's right behind Puckett's "behind".

puckett_auto.jpg

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Mamunrud said:
My Puckett auto from this set has the Recollection Collection foil stamp but it also has a stamped embossed Donruss "Authentic Signature" pressed into the card. You can barely make it out in the scan, it's right behind Puckett's "behind".

puckett_auto.jpg

I see it thanks a lot!

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
BowmanChromeAddict said:
I believe that's how they were. Because they were "recollected" or more accurately "reprinted", they didn't have an autograph authentication message on the back of the card.

I highly doubt they would spend the time to reprint cards that they could easily buy for a quarter each. The majority are original base cards, but there are a few that are reprinted. They didn't reprint the original card, though. They reprinted the front, but changed the back and put their design that the serial number goes on. In hand, it's easy to tell the difference, even without flipping the card over.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
there are two different versions of the recollection collection auto's. there are the ones that are buybacks and there are reprints. for example there is two versions of the Canseco 86RR:

the buyback version is numbered /4
the reprint version is numbered /21

the only part of it that I can't say for sure is what years were reprints and which were buybacks..

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
They're all embossed and have the stamp, plus the serial numbering. I'm pretty sure they are buybacks and not reprints, they feel like the same stock used in the 80's.

2004TimelinesRecollection3AutoThomp.jpg2004TimelinesRecollection7AutoThomp.jpg
2004TimelinesRecollection9AutoThomp.jpg2004TimelinesRecollection8AutoThomp.jpg
2004TimelinesRecollection4AutoThomp.jpg2004TimelinesRecollection5AutoThomp.jpg
2004LeafRecollectionAuto9011of23.jpg2004TimelinesRecollection2AutoThomp.jpg
2004TimelinesRecollection6AutoThomp.jpg2004TimelinesRecollectionAutoThomps.jpg

A_Pharis

gvsu96 said:
Strange I have a Jack Morris auto that doesn't have the embossing. :?

Sometimes the embossed donruss stamp is very slight. You've even ran your finger all over it? I don't see someone faking a Jack Morris, but I've also never seen one without a stamp.

Actually, I take that back -- my Lenny Dykstra has no stamp, but neither did this old Lenny (non-DK) I had.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
A_Pharis said:
gvsu96 said:
Strange I have a Jack Morris auto that doesn't have the embossing. :?

Sometimes the embossed donruss stamp is very slight. You've even ran your finger all over it? I don't see someone faking a Jack Morris, but I've also never seen one without a stamp.

Actually, I take that back -- my Lenny Dykstra has no stamp, but neither did this old Lenny (non-DK) I had.

I just fingered them (the cards you sicko). I have 2 Morris with no crimped stamp and one Morris DK with no crimp. My Trammel DK does have the crimping. I can scan later if anyone wants to see.

A_Pharis

chashawk said:
I thought the reprints were the ones with the Donruss logo stamped on them.

05F.jpg

Those are 2001 Reprints (there are DK and RC reprints that year).
Those were numbered to the Year of the reprint (i.e. a 1986 card was #'d to 86 for the auto and 1986 for the non-auto).

They did, however, release Recollection versions of the reprints.
This one for instance:

Morgan_Reco.jpg
It's a reprint that is #'d to 6. What's funny about it is that if it were a true Buy Back of the Reprint from 2001, then where is the S/N from 2001? All it has is the 1/6 on the back.

Members online