Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ran Into a Certified Nutcase on Beckett

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PopSon5481

Jun 20, 2012
Well, let me tell you my side of the story. I am not a nutcase, I am a retired Grandfather for god's sakes. Brennan accepted my offer. He accepted the trade. I offered him cards off of his want list on Beckett and he accepted. He could have declined the trade but he wanted my cards. The trade was/is to his advantage by over a $1.00. I offered him over $9.00 in cards for the $8.00 card that I wanted. After he accepted the trade, I shipped the next morning. After a week, nothing. I tried contacting Card Magnet on Beckett and he never signed back on after accepting the trade. His mother pays for his subscription and his home address and home phone number are listed on Beckett as his mother put them on there. I e-mailed Brennan at his Facebook page and at his "merchant" CardMagnet page because I could not get ahold of him on Beckett. On Beckett I kept asking him if he got his cards, no response.

All I want is the card I traded for OR send me back the cards that I sent. I am not doing anything different than anybody else would do. I don't believe Brennan ever had the card. Brennan has never mailed me anything. Each time he says that he has mailed me the card nothing shows up and I contact him and he tells me a different story.

All I can say to Card Magnet is . . . Just send me back my cards OR send me the card I traded for, nothing more.

Finally, beware to all other baseball card collectors/traders.

PopSon5481

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Well, Brennan, it seems like you picked the wrong guy to deal with, Brennan. You, Brennan, need to send him his Ichiro. Brennan.
I know I felt like I was reading the Step Brothers script :lol:

Brennan has a man-gina! Brennan has a man-gina! Brennan has a man-gina! Brennan has a man-gina! Brennan has a man-gina!

Last edited:

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Well, let me tell you my side of the story. I am not a nutcase, I am a retired Grandfather for god's sakes.
PopSon5481

Penn State Officials agree :wink:

I am sure he needed the 9 bucks in cards to flip for the t206 Wagner. It started at $1 and has been a long rd so far

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Since when do people retire from being a grandfather?

Some people just can't hack it and have to step down. Either way, if someone is paying, it's a hell of a carer choice.

That said, I'm going to go out and collect aluminum cans to generate the dollars to cover this wretched broken trade.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
All this over cards that "book" for 9.00 but are actually worth a couple of quarters. I send 15-20 cards as filler with every card I sell on Ebay and some of them are inserts. I must be sending 10-15 bucks worth the cards in every pack.:p

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Dude you might be pissed because you haven't received your end but I've spent a lot more than that and waited longer still to receive what I paid for. Chillax *****!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Well, let me tell you my side of the story. I am not a nutcase, I am a retired Grandfather for god's sakes. Brennan accepted my offer. He accepted the trade. I offered him cards off of his want list on Beckett and he accepted. He could have declined the trade but he wanted my cards. The trade was/is to his advantage by over a $1.00. I offered him over $9.00 in cards for the $8.00 card that I wanted. After he accepted the trade, I shipped the next morning. After a week, nothing. I tried contacting Card Magnet on Beckett and he never signed back on after accepting the trade. His mother pays for his subscription and his home address and home phone number are listed on Beckett as his mother put them on there. I e-mailed Brennan at his Facebook page and at his "merchant" CardMagnet page because I could not get ahold of him on Beckett. On Beckett I kept asking him if he got his cards, no response.

All I want is the card I traded for OR send me back the cards that I sent. I am not doing anything different than anybody else would do. I don't believe Brennan ever had the card. Brennan has never mailed me anything. Each time he says that he has mailed me the card nothing shows up and I contact him and he tells me a different story.

All I can say to Card Magnet is . . . Just send me back my cards OR send me the card I traded for, nothing more.

Finally, beware to all other baseball card collectors/traders.

PopSon5481

Thanks for the warning! I will definitely not be doing any low-end, multiple common card trades between $8.50 and $9 involving any Japanese born Mariner outfielders with this "Card Magnet" character...whoever he is...:D

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Thanks for the warning! I will definitely not be doing any low-end, multiple common card trades between $8.50 and $9 involving any Japanese born Mariner outfielders with this "Card Magnet" character...whoever he is...:D

:lol: come on guys........ please don't stop making these comments.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
The trade was/is to his advantage by over a $1.00. I offered him over $9.00 in cards for the $8.00 card that I wanted.

A whole dollar? Clearly, your generosity knows no bounds. Why even mention this unless you're scrambling to find crumbs which support your position?

Last edited:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
There were too many responses that made me chuckle to quote and respond to, so you all get a collective :lol:. For those who don't know me from around the boards, my name is Brennan.;)

Brennan accepted my offer. He accepted the trade. I offered him cards off of his want list on Beckett and he accepted. He could have declined the trade but he wanted my cards. The trade was/is to his advantage by over a $1.00. I offered him over $9.00 in cards for the $8.00 card that I wanted.

If you want to use book value for this discussion, that's fine. We can just forget that the Ichiro can be had for $1 and the cards on your end are a dime each (two dimes for the Jose Bautista insert).

Since we're going to go by bv, I went out and picked up another $8 card to mail out. I've now put a whopping $16 into this trade, not to mention shipping costs...twice. This trade has essentially cost me $20, not to mention the duress of having somebody stalk and threaten harassment towards my family/friends.

Also, isn't it customary among bv traders to offer a bit more in make believe value when asking the other guy to trade down for multiple cards? I thought that was standard practice. Even real value traders usually do that. I did not realize that a favor was being done for me.

His mother pays for his subscription and his home address and home phone number are listed on Beckett as his mother put them on there. I e-mailed Brennan at his Facebook page and at his "merchant" CardMagnet page because I could not get ahold of him on Beckett. On Beckett I kept asking him if he got his cards, no response.

In hindsight, I wish I would have just had my mother give me the cash and paid for it with my credit card. My mother paid once for a year's subscription as a gift; that is true. Beckett has her name listed on there instead of mine since she paid; this is true. So...

You saw a female's name on the account. My name does not show up at all, only her name. In the process of digging through our garbage, you found my name to be Brennan from my "merchant page", which I'm still not sure what page you're referring to, which you undoubtedly found by looking for "card magnet". You then hopped into another trash can and dug up my facebook page, where you read through some of my personal posts and found the female's relationship to me.

Then to put a cherry on top of your Charlie Manson sundae, you tried to blackmail/extort me by inferring you would harass my mother and my friends. This was all within a week's span. Things would be different if a little more time had passed, or if there was real value tied up.

If our government employed people such as yourself, we'd have found Bin Laden during the Bush Administration.

I am not doing anything different than anybody else would do. I don't believe Brennan ever had the card. Brennan has never mailed me anything. Each time he says that he has mailed me the card nothing shows up and I contact him and he tells me a different story.

You aren't doing anything different than anybody else. I routinely see others tracking people down on facebook, learning their family tree, and threatening to contact friends and family, especially over deals worth less than a cup of coffee. I usually just see it in Lifetime movies, and the pshycho stalker is usually from Craigslist and not Beckett, but it's the same concept.

You've also just blown the lid off of my operation. I routinely lie about having cards worth $1 or less. It's part of my master plan to kill the fun side of collecting, forcing others to only collect cards with real monetary value. I also pretend to have some Derek Jeter base cards and John Van Benschoten bowman rookies if anyone is interested in trading me some Pirates base.

Given your initial contact with me, I will never believe that you didn't get the card the first time around, and that you've just got a screw loose and are disgruntled that there was a week's delay, again admittedly my fault, in getting your card to you.

I was nothing but cordial up to the point that you popped up here sending me a PM, which I couldn't help but read in a creepy Jack Nicholson voice. I was surprised I did not see an axe head come through my monitor, with you behind yelling "HERE'S SCOTTY!".

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Let me guess. DId you ask him to throw some free cards in for your grandson?
Well, let me tell you my side of the story. I am not a nutcase, I am a retired Grandfather for god's sakes. Brennan accepted my offer. He accepted the trade. I offered him cards off of his want list on Beckett and he accepted. He could have declined the trade but he wanted my cards. The trade was/is to his advantage by over a $1.00. I offered him over $9.00 in cards for the $8.00 card that I wanted. After he accepted the trade, I shipped the next morning. After a week, nothing. I tried contacting Card Magnet on Beckett and he never signed back on after accepting the trade. His mother pays for his subscription and his home address and home phone number are listed on Beckett as his mother put them on there. I e-mailed Brennan at his Facebook page and at his "merchant" CardMagnet page because I could not get ahold of him on Beckett. On Beckett I kept asking him if he got his cards, no response. All I want is the card I traded for OR send me back the cards that I sent. I am not doing anything different than anybody else would do. I don't believe Brennan ever had the card. Brennan has never mailed me anything. Each time he says that he has mailed me the card nothing shows up and I contact him and he tells me a different story.All I can say to Card Magnet is . . . Just send me back my cards OR send me the card I traded for, nothing more.Finally, beware to all other baseball card collectors/traders.PopSon5481

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
If you'd just get off his law....I mean send him his cards, we wouldn't have a problem here sonny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts