Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rangers - Yankees Game 3 thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Lee made himself another 2 or 3 million dollars a year tonight.

Good to be ahead but I won't count the Yankees out until the end. Split one of the next two and head home needing to win one.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If Doc didn't throw a no-hitter, this would easily be the most dominant performance in the postseason by a pitcher in....who knows how long....just a filthy performance !

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
SamHell said:
Lee made himself another 2 or 3 million dollars a year tonight.

Good to be ahead but I won't count the Yankees out until the end. Split one of the next two and head home needing to win one.

They lose tomorrow night and they're down 3-1. They will not come back. This ain't the Sox. Yanks are done.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
markakis8 said:
If Doc didn't throw a no-hitter, this would easily be the most dominant performance in the postseason by a pitcher in....who knows how long....just a filthy performance !

My hat is off to the Rangers. They deserved this opportunity and are going after it like there is no tomorrow.

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
Pettitte is such a class guy, even in the press conference a guy with a thick latin accent asks a stupid question (where you surprised by the Texas offense when they rallied) and he tries to answer it politely.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I met Andy several times. He wa always a very polite classy guy. My dad used to take him and some other guys fishing and he was always grateful to thank everyone that put the trip together. Always polite to me too.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:

Heh...since Lincecum

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
blanning71 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Brian, you seriously think this series is over?

Yes I do Eric. I had hopes that New York could win with Hughes. That didn't happen. Lee has been frickin lights out as was to be expected(eventhough I had hope they would get to the pen and possibly pull out a win.).

Now they have Burnett going against Hunter. I do NOT feel confident in Burnett. New York will have to score atleast 8 runs to atleast give Burnett a chance to get a win. I don't see that happening. CC will pitch game 5, and possibly get a win sending it back to Texas where its over. New York is done.

I hope you are right, but I thought the same thing after game run when the rangers threw away the game. You never know.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
markakis8 said:

Heh...since Lincecum

I so hope that if the rangers make it so do the Giants.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
markakis8 said:

Heh...since Lincecum

You know I was going to mention Lincecum - but he faced the Braves and had to face...like...what...4-5 threatening hitters?

Lee had to face the YANKEES tonight. 1-9 was legit.

I mean I'd rather be facing Alex Gonzalez, Ankiel, Brooks Conrad, and Matt Diaz then Jorge Posada, Lance Berkman, Granderson/Swisher, Brett Gardner.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
bouwob said:
blanning71 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Brian, you seriously think this series is over?

Yes I do Eric. I had hopes that New York could win with Hughes. That didn't happen. Lee has been frickin lights out as was to be expected(eventhough I had hope they would get to the pen and possibly pull out a win.).

Now they have Burnett going against Hunter. I do NOT feel confident in Burnett. New York will have to score atleast 8 runs to atleast give Burnett a chance to get a win. I don't see that happening. CC will pitch game 5, and possibly get a win sending it back to Texas where its over. New York is done.

I hope you are right, but I thought the same thing after game run when the rangers threw away the game. You never know.

John, I just feel really bad about this team this year. They backslid into the playoffs. Their starting rotation has more holes than a collinder. Injuries, fatigue, the fact that they are getting older....it all just compounds into a not so good finish to the season. They are just getting outplayed by a team that is hungry for it.

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
WHAT IS WITH THESE REPORTERS? ASKING LEE WHICH GAME WAS MORE IMPORTANT HIS 8 INN 2 HIT GAME AGAINST THE YANKEES IN THE REGULAR SEASON OR THIS GAME?>?????? REALLY? WHAT FREAKNG PAPER DO YOU WORK FOR CLOWN!!!!!!!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Even though he walked him, I loved how Lee went after Tex with the high heater mid-game. And he kept challenging the Yankees' hitters with it, I think they were pretty surprised by that.

I have a feeling this series won't make to a game 7. The yankee starting pitching is terrible. The yankees are lucky it is only 2-1. It could have very well been 3-0. And Josh Hamilton has gotten back in the groove. Everything is clicking for them. I think game 2's recovery overall gave them the feeling that they can PULL this out. ALOT if not the majority of teams in baseball would not have recovered from such a terrible loss in game 1.

Members online