Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Rare" 90s inserts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
1st4040 said:
predatorkj said:
1st4040 said:
1993 Pacific Amigo's.. some of the hardest to find early 90's inserts out there.. just landed the final canseco to have all 3 so showing them off.. all the rest of the key players are scanned in my bucket and are for trade

Too lazy to look.Are there any bagwells from that set?

if there was I would have offered to you right away.. the set is only latin born players combo cards.. and is a player collector nightmare too since they are never seen.

You mean to tell me that Bagwell was not a latin player? Well crap!!! I'm throwing them all in the garbage now! :lol:

Just kidding.I know there is a pacific I need and its the 1993 pacific hologram that does not have the circles on it.I have never seen one that is not circular.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
Fandruw25 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
magicpapa said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
what do you guys think is a fair price for his 24k gold card/24 also a "rookie"?

?
one like this?

Yep.Burbank has one in his store but im not sure what the actual card is worth.

Do the cards look good in person?

111JPG.jpg

Yes, These cards look great in person. Not sure what he asking, but these Jones cost me $60 on a BIN (lasted all of 5 minutes) and the other I traded around $165 SV to get (First copy I'd ever seen).

well burbank only wants 47.00 so with live it will only cost me like 33.00

he also has the regular gold for 16.00 /100 I may go after that.Then i'll go for the rubies....damn I really wish I had the money for all of this.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
This card is by no means rare, but damn, it's one of the coolest cards I've ever seen
dufexkieschnick.jpg

This, however, IS on of the toughest to find inserts from the 90's. It's the only one I've ever seen in 15 years of searching. Strangely, the seller still has it up for sale in his Ebay store, even though I bought it four years ago. I believe it's the lowest serially numbered card in the hobby (in terms of when it was released)
kieschnickdiamond.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
i agree. Dufex in 1994 and 1995 was amazing

I'm about six cards away from completing the '94 Museum set. I'm sure I could finish it off by spending $14.93 on fifty cent John Wetteland commons from Burbank, but screw them.

But when I finish it, I'll scan the entire thing and show exactly what people mean when they say "56k, go away" :p

RickeyRuns

Aug 12, 2008
Not exactly sure how rare these really are, but i can say that i've only ever seen one listed in my almost 10 years on ebay.. I also do not know the story behind these. Were they a redemption type card inserted into packs, a wrapper + $ send-in type of card or just inserted into packs?

1998 Pacific Online Red
1998PacificOnlineRed533.jpg

edwards_everything

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
I'm about six cards away from completing the '94 Museum set.

What players (& card #'s) do you still need? Post 'em here. I've got maybe 10 - 20 of them lying around. If we're lucky, I might have some that match up with what you are looking for.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
RickeyRuns said:
Not exactly sure how rare these really are, but i can say that i've only ever seen one listed in my almost 10 years on ebay.. I also do not know the story behind these. Were they a redemption type card inserted into packs, a wrapper + $ send-in type of card or just inserted into packs?

1998 Pacific Online Red
1998PacificOnlineRed533.jpg

what makes it different then the regular pacific online.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I have a Terry Steinbach like that Henderson,but it has gold lettering in the front.Why do they call them Red?

Picture350.jpg

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
I was looking for some Canseco's for 1st4040 and ran across one of these.
1997 Pinnacle Totally Cert Platinum Blue Jose Canseco #'d to 1999
8871630101.jpg

I saw in completed searches where a Frank Thomas didn't sell for $3 total. That's sad.
Edit: sorry to interupt the Henderson discussion. :D

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
spahnandsain said:
I was looking for some Canseco's for 1st4040 and ran across one of these.
1997 Pinnacle Totally Cert Platinum Blue Jose Canseco #'d to 1999
8871630101.jpg

I saw in completed searches where a Frank Thomas didn't sell for $3 total. That's sad.
Edit: sorry to interupt the Henderson discussion. :D

Dufex is king.
97pincertpb.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Bornagaincollector said:
I have a Terry Steinbach like that Henderson,but it has gold lettering in the front.Why do they call them Red?

Because they have red foil, duh. It doesn't show up really well in the scan.

It's from the 1998 Pacific Online set. The reds inserted 8 per retail pack. They are NOT the 1/pack online inserts. Those look completely different than the base set, and for some bizarre reason, the Online Web inserts don't have a URL on them, while the base set does. Uhh, whatever.

Oh, there are two reasons you don't see them very often.
1. The set sucked
2. No one gave a crap about it and no one opened it.

That does NOT mean the set is rare. Go to any card shop that's been in business for more than 15 years and I'm sure you can find tons

I always loved how Pacific's insert ratios were always /37 or /73. I guess it was to prevent litigation or collectors getting pissed when they got shorted inserts in their boxes. 4/37 means Pacific can short you one insert and use the excuse that you got the unlucky 37th box

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
JoshHamilton said:
Bornagaincollector said:

It's from the 1998 Pacific Online set. The reds inserted 8 per retail pack. They are NOT the 1/pack online inserts. Those look completely different than the base set, and for some bizarre reason, the Online Web inserts don't have a URL on them, while the base set does. Uhh, whatever.

1. The set sucked

That does NOT mean the set is rare. Go to any card shop that's been in business for more than 15 years and I'm sure you can find tons

I always loved how Pacific's insert ratios were always /37 or /73. I guess it was to prevent litigation or collectors getting pissed when they got shorted inserts in their boxes. 4/37 means Pacific can short you one insert and use the excuse that you got the unlucky 37th box

I never said they were rare,Did I?I know they were not rare.I was asking why they are called red?I have several and no where on it is it Red.There all gold.It might be confusing to other collectors.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Bornagaincollector said:
JoshHamilton said:
Bornagaincollector said:

1. The set sucked

I never said they were rare,Did I?I know they were not rare.I was asking why they are called red?I have several and no where on it is it Red.There all gold.It might be confusing to other collectors.

I was responding to RickeyRuns' question about their rarity. Sorry.

The regular ones (hobby) have gold foil. The retail have red foil. It doesn't state anything on the cards about them being red parallels because they aren't technically parallels. It's just the retail version of the product. If you've ever busted Press Pass football, it's the same way. Hobby has gold foil, retail has blue foil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts