Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RAZOR ANNOUNCES NEW 2010 POKER PRODUCT....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Razor said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
pigskincardboard said:
Topps is only selling out because they're making just enough product to sell out.

I keep reading that Topps "sold out" Bowman. When I worked there (2001-2002), every product was made-to-order, which means that they put out sell sheets, took sales orders, and then printed exactly the amount that was sold. There was no "sold out," and there was never any left over product at Topps. I know a lot has changed there since Eisner's group came in, but does anyone know for certain if this policy has changed?

Actually they are holding a TON of 08 Bowman Chrome Baseball and will surely close that out eventually.
That WAS NOT print to order. BG

You have an inside guy at Topps that told you this?

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
Warrens All Stars said:
Razor said:
[quote="Mighty Bombjack":1pteh937]
pigskincardboard said:
Topps is only selling out because they're making just enough product to sell out.

I keep reading that Topps "sold out" Bowman. When I worked there (2001-2002), every product was made-to-order, which means that they put out sell sheets, took sales orders, and then printed exactly the amount that was sold. There was no "sold out," and there was never any left over product at Topps. I know a lot has changed there since Eisner's group came in, but does anyone know for certain if this policy has changed?

Actually they are holding a TON of 08 Bowman Chrome Baseball and will surely close that out eventually.

You have an inside guy at Topps that told you this?[/quote:1pteh937]

Don't forget that according to Brian, with not factual proof provided, Topps had more layoffs today as well. ::facepalm::

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
011873 said:
Who cares. Then they would not have been in 2008. That's not really a good point.

It is a great point because they would have had autos in in 2009 B/BC to start with and we know how massive a bomb that CL was. More than likely one or two would have been in 2009 BC which would be a nice addition to that product.

BUT THEN THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN THE 2008 PRODUCT, THUS LESSENING THE VALUE OF 2008.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
NYCrulesU said:
Warrens All Stars said:
Razor said:
[quote="Mighty Bombjack":31a0a98p]
pigskincardboard said:

You have an inside guy at Topps that told you this?

Don't forget that according to Brian, with not factual proof provided, Topps had more layoffs today as well. ::facepalm::[/quote:31a0a98p]

My understanding is that Topps made everything to order in 2008 because of the economy. Thats why 08 series 1 baseball went through the roof. It makes no sense that Topps would have overproduced anything in 08.

Id have to dispute the stockpile claim, but I will inquire with my contact at Topps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts