Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

razor metal base have hit ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
ryanhoward06 said:
cgilmo said:
how would you feel about these cards if they were encased in one touch holders and sealed, then distributed as "uncirculated" cards much like 05 green refractors?

I would like this A LOT if they could package them correctly.

The only Razor cards I have are black's out of 199 and a Lawrie so I haven't been too upset about these. I do feel bad for the people who have a lot.

if the print runs are very low it wont have much impact on the regular signature series. If they are low and done right, it will be awesome.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
ru4scuba said:
cgilmo said:
Bruin7 said:
cgilmo said:
how would you feel about these cards if they were encased in one touch holders and sealed, then distributed as "uncirculated" cards much like 05 green refractors?

I think sending these badboys out in one touch holders would add security in the shipping process but there would be no need to call them uncirculated as they were never in "true pack" circulation anyway.

Allen

from a marketing standpoint, i think they would be better recieved as uncirculated cards.

It's a gimmick that most people would see right through.

As a collector, uncirculated cards annoy the crap out of me. I don't like taking them out of the case because I feel like I'm altering the way the card came, but I hate the case because of the size, inability to change it if damaged, and the sticker that can start to peel for no reason.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Tomlinson21RB said:
ru4scuba said:
cgilmo said:
Bruin7 said:
cgilmo said:

I think sending these badboys out in one touch holders would add security in the shipping process but there would be no need to call them uncirculated as they were never in "true pack" circulation anyway.

Allen

from a marketing standpoint, i think they would be better recieved as uncirculated cards.

It's a gimmick that most people would see right through.

As a collector, uncirculated cards annoy the crap out of me. I don't like taking them out of the case because I feel like I'm altering the way the card came, but I hate the case because of the size, inability to change it if damaged, and the sticker that can start to peel for no reason.

Agreed. I hate uncirculated cards. I've removed every one I've ever owned from the damn holder. But if I ever have to sell them, I'm probably screwed.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Tomlinson21RB said:

+1...not a fan of uncirculated cards. Keep them "raw", let the best ones be graded if people want to do that, or just keep them looking nice in a holder of your own choice.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Tomlinson21RB said:

+1...not a fan of uncirculated cards. Keep them "raw", let the best ones be graded if people want to do that, or just keep them looking nice in a holder of your own choice.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
cgilmo said:
Actually, IF they were marketed they would be better received.

IF people were receiving nice looking/condition cards they would be better received.

If I received a so-called "uncirculated" card that had surface scratches that appear to have been applied by taping the card to the soles of someone's shoes while they walked around an office...I'd be laughing.

Either way, while we can't call this release a success or failure at this point, one thing is certain...it has created less of a positive hobby "buzz" than a case of water.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I like the idea of the one touch sealed holder when packing these out. I like how topps did it with those retired autograph cards. If you don't like them, just break the seal.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
To add onto my previous post, I think Razor should definitely ship these chromium autos in Ultra Pro One Touch holders but they should also have these holders in a team bag of sort. I can't stand crystal clear one touch holders with scratches all over them. I bag each and every one in my own collection.

Its nearly impossible to have scratchless and "perfect" chromium cards as these will be handled by the players during their signing session as well as the shipping process. I think people are being a bit too picky expecting all of these cards to be in factory fresh condition when its not possible due to the autograph process. I can't wait till these go live. I just hope there's enough to go around (but still small enough in quantity for investment's sake).

Allen

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts