Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Love the 93FinestThrowbacks :love: Robert -- and the Tigers not so bad either !! Think I have an Ichiro rookie somewhere. Should be in everyone's collection.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks. The Robert was an exciting pull. It was the first pack of my one box break. Stashed the other box in the closet for another day.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
One all Player collectors can appreciate
61c21ad8333cdb079801c138edbee0bd.jpg

ea853031e76dd32b81ccc3dca4479458.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
@Joey_peapod First love :love: the Griffey's nice collection of them !! This is why people who work the 1990s Finest sets are on a never ending quest to complete their sets. Although Phillip Gold died there are still lots of collectors of that 1993 set ( he was just the most aggressive) including our very own @George_Calfas . Good time to pop that 1993 one up is Turkey Day weekend when feebay offers a ton of promotions enticing high end buyers. I completed my 1993-1995 sets years ago and have been working on 1996-1999 the last 8 years. Stuck in the Killer B's right now but making headway so its all good. Only way some of the players will get here for the sets is relationships with player collectors. Wish my fingers were not always in so many pies otherwise I'd have probably completed dozens of projects years ago. But that's also why the hobby never gets boring for me ( the dozens of projects) so I'm cool with slow slogs.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A bunch new BGS slabs scanned finally. Some press proofs been meaning to add for a while and a few knick-knack fill ins.
More to follow way behind as always on stuff.

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Another slab scan caught up. With #7 back leaves me I believed with 7 or 8 still at PSA and will be done with ALL the Mark McGwires from that 1998 Pacific HR History set with most in PSA 9 or better condition. Think maybe 1 or 2 PSA 8 which I can upgrade.

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Some supersized slabs back from PSA ( large slabs 4 inch wide by 7 inch tall)
Not the largest I have but big enough !! If folks remember my Red Sox PC posts I own tons of disc sets.
Slabbing a lot of PC items and selling others.

full

full

full

full

Goes well with the Papa Ginos I've had for a while now

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
The slab these Gold 5x7 come in is massive ( 6.5 inches by 10 inches).
Grade was as expected tough to keep these large cards in perfect shape and Topps products are not knowing for great production. Part of a Gold Update series # to 10 set Topps Produced. Purchased a couple as I wanted 1 ultra modern players items specifically. Will post more supersized items as they come back. Have about 35 to get scanned.
Pop 1 and good luck if someone tries getting one of the other 9 sets done :)

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Bunch more Clemens newly scanned for insurance purposes
Taking me forever just like last time I had to do it
Not sure where my Class 3 or Row 3 are I do know I had some gems so maybe in another box

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Also got some jumbos back from PSA recently . Quite a few "surprises" I will deal with and learn from
Some I expected and others -- well lets say I'll overprotect my next shipments of supersized stuff
Also scan the crap with high res images and look them over well before sending in a really well protected double box system
That said the Ruth has a dent (unexpected), same with Garciaparra ( my fault as it was only soft sleeve item- lesson learned)
The Munson certainly did not leave the way it came back is all I'll say on that one- see comments above

These cards are fairly large- slabs are 6.5 by 10 inches so pretty big slabs ( expensive to slab- $20.25 cost to slab)
Hence why people try and be careful about what they send in

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Next were some test runs to see how harshly corners, edges, and surface would be treated on my Sportscaster lots These are the "as expected" items that came back. No surprises just expected stuff. Bunch more to follow later

Joltin Joe is a Pop 4 with lots higher ,no biggie, resale or trade fodder to finance future subs.

full

full

Hammering Hank as expected- always appreciated the Henry tags as the respectfulness of it resonates here
PSA is very tough on the corners and edges and once again showed. resale / trade fodder once again
Pop 1 in 6.5 tons higher graded

full

full

Yaz thought I'd sold all his cards years ago still finding stuff. Resale / trade fodder also
Small corner flipped ( again don't remember that there)
Pop 3 just 3 higher. The rest I have are in much better shape. See if I can keep that way

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Yeah its a little irritating the slabs they should form fit -they don't, and the ones they should not have to they do. All that's asked for is consistency. It creeps its head up elsewhere also.

Last of the recent groups of Sportscasters and Supersize subbed items back. The Nomar Jumbo Cramers Choice of course are PC items. The Griffey # 2 is a Pop 1 highest graded. This version is the lesser inserted of 2 that Griffey is found in that years boxes. His #9 version has tons of submitted items and quite a few high grades. This #2 version mines 3 grades above the other # 2 items that have been subbed.
full

full

full

full

full

full

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Are these recent returns or have you had these for awhile and are now showing them off? When did you submit these?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts