Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Red Sox???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
i came into the year thinking cardinals red sox world series but then i realized they suck (not the cards obv)
a few reasons for their major suckage, this is my opinion but none the less i will state it
1) no true 3/4 hitter. they have ******* pedroia batting in the 3 spot sometimes, its ******* ridiculous. youk although a great player isnt a true 3/4. he is more of a nice 5 hitter. vmart cant hit for **** either. so there. basically going from having manny/ortiz to bay/ortiz to nobody will make you go from a great team to basically the royals
2) aside from having no 3/4 hitter, their bottom of the lineup wouldnt start on half the major league baseball teams. the sox signed scutaro cuz nobody wanted him. the sox signed bill hall and nobody wanted him. the sox signed mike cameron and nobdody wanted him. THEO THERE IS A REASON YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE GOING AFTER THESE GUYS THEY SUCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!
3) there great pitching has gotten off to a bad start, but i see them coming around. albeit it wont matter because of their terrible hitting, but it will, so thats why i think they have had an extra special bad start.
4) they play the rays and yanks the two best teams in baseball probably (now im a fan of both), so your record isnt going to be great when you suck and you played them both already

basically all in all they suck. 4th or 5th place in the division this year (most likely 5th because the o's have some talent), and i dont see them being good for a long time. im looking forward to 2017 after they get a bunch of tops 5 picks in the draft for like 5 years straight :p

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
bad pitching...lack of hitting and a 3rd base coach that thinks his base runners are faster than they are. ::facepalm::

The season is still LONG from over ...so I'm not totally worried w/ the pitching aspect, they'll come around in time.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
oh and another point

that "defensive upgrade" to go WAAAAAY THE **** down in power has really been awesome
the fact that we upgraded definsivly so much rlly shows with the fact that we have LOST TWO GAMES LITERALLY BECAUSE OF OUR HORRIBLE DEFENSE NICE JOB THEO AND SCUTARO

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
They suck because Theo Epstein believes that JD Drew is one of the top 10 most valuable players in the league, wouldn't trade him for Albert Pujols, and thinks he is worth more than the absurd $14M/year he is getting.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
KandKCards said:
They suck because Theo Epstein believes that JD Drew is one of the top 10 most valuable players in the league, wouldn't trade him for Albert Pujols, and thinks he is worth more than the absurd $14M/year he is getting.

i thought he though jd was a top 25 player and lugo was a top 5 player no? ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
man i kind of regret part of that last post. i cant hate on jd, but i still will leave the part about theo and lugo sucking it up. too many fond memories at the fens with jd especially in game 6 of the 07 alcs. oh the daise

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
miguelcabrera said:
securedsports said:
Bad Bullpen, Injuries, and an Aging DH.

if by aging you mean no steroids and by DH you mean DH's then yes

to add to this on the bullpen side of things
if by bad you mean terrible then yes
okie dokie has been the only decent one
papelbon ive been saying for a long time to get rid of the guy. he simply blows games at an unbelievable rate since 2007
the only reason manny delcarmen in still on this team is because he is from hyde park
scott atchison? r u freaking kidding me. im not even going to go there and cant go on. the opressions r unbearblez

Ct Sox Fan

Aug 20, 2008
Connecticut
To me, it is pretty simple. Losing Ellsbury for the last few weeks has killed the line up. We have lost our only "speed" threat. No one else on the team is a threat to steal bases. Scutaro is a nice player in the 9 hole. He is not your everyday leadoff guy. Because the lack of production from Drew, we have had to move Pedroia into the 3 spot in the line up. I am not worried about Martinez, as there are plenty of good hitters that start slow (see Mark Texiera). If Ellsbury can come back and be the player he has been developing into the past year, that lineup improves immensely. I also think Theo screwed up with Beltre. His power is to RF. Not good for Fenway. It is why Lowell and Youk have been so successful. They pull the ball and pepper the wall.

Ellsbury
Pedroia
V-Mart
Youk
Papi
Drew
Beltre
Cameron/Hermida
Scutaro

If all the above perform at their "average" levels, it really is not that bad of a line up. Unfortunately many are not performing at that level and the injuries are taking its toll with us missing a key player.

Now the bullpen, that is another Story! Can they hold a lead one of these games?

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Ct Sox Fan said:
To me, it is pretty simple. Losing Ellsbury for the last few weeks has killed the line up. We have lost our only "speed" threat. No one else on the team is a threat to steal bases. Scutaro is a nice player in the 9 hole. He is not your everyday leadoff guy. Because the lack of production from Drew, we have had to move Pedroia into the 3 spot in the line up. I am not worried about Martinez, as there are plenty of good hitters that start slow (see Mark Texiera). If Ellsbury can come back and be the player he has been developing into the past year, that lineup improves immensely. I also think Theo screwed up with Beltre. His power is to RF. Not good for Fenway. It is why Lowell and Youk have been so successful. They pull the ball and pepper the wall.

Ellsbury
Pedroia
V-Mart
Youk
Papi
Drew
Beltre
Cameron/Hermida
Scutaro

If all the above perform at their "average" levels, it really is not that bad of a line up. Unfortunately many are not performing at that level and the injuries are taking its toll with us missing a key player.

Now the bullpen, that is another Story! Can they hold a lead one of these games?

the difference is mark texiera is a good player and vmart is not. the slow start is slow for tex but just basically average for vmart. oh and wat and arm on the kid to. hes gr8 at throwing out runners

i dont think the season is over yet... the sox will feast on the weaker teams all summer and make sure that they stay near contention for the wild card. however anytime you go small ball and hope to play with a lineup that can straight up mash like the yankees you are asking for a long long season! small ball only works when you can stop the ball with your glove! and the way the pitchers are throwing all those errors are compounded by the home runs that they have been serving up! part of me thinks the pitching is suffering because of martinez. tek was a genius behind the dish. yet seeing the suffering going up and down the rotation and bullpen i really think its just lack of support grating on their confidence.

giving up manny ramirez for bay failed to pan out when you let bay leave. not only is there no fear anywhere near that lineup you replace your big bat from last year with mike cameron (old), adrian beltre (old and inconsistent), marco scutaro (not really good) and jeremy hermedia (under performer). if you are counting on these fellas to lead you to a victory you dont stand a chance. the injury to ellsbury hurts a lot as well. not that anyone in sox gear could drive him in if he was on base but at least he puts a threat in the lineup.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Bullpen - both the actual pitchers and handling of the bullpen. Maybe it just seems this way to me, but has there been an instance where Tito has brought a guy out for a second inning of relief where it hasn't ended up in a loss and runs? I know part of that may be what he has to work with, though it also gets annoying because the same scenario seems to play out every time - like last night, stretching Papelbon into another inning: Check. Loss: Check.

Freaking "Run Prevention" - I don't know if their in the bottom of the league in unearned runs, but it sure feels that way. It is even more annoying as a fan since this was touted as the strength of the team.

I think those are the big ones....they've played so many close games and it is just mind-numbing how many of the losses have been due to a blown-save or the final run difference can be traced back to unearned runs scored.

Though as I'm typing I realize you can also blame some injuries, slow starts, lack of heart or any team unity....hell, just about anything that could have gone wrong has thus far. It's sad, but as a fan, pretty much everyone not named Pedroia, Youkillis or Lester (maybe throw in Ellsbury and Papelbon) seems expendable at this point. Just a bunch of guys under-performing or simply going through the motions.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
notjomommasclint said:
i dont think the season is over yet... the sox will feast on the weaker teams all summer and make sure that they stay near contention for the wild card.

Only problem is is that through May they play the...

Angels four times
Yankees five times
Phillies three times
Tampa three times
Toronto three times
Detroit three times
Kansas City four times

That is no walk in the park for any team, let alone one already down seven games in the division.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
vwnut13 said:
notjomommasclint said:
i dont think the season is over yet... the sox will feast on the weaker teams all summer and make sure that they stay near contention for the wild card.

Only problem is is that through may they play the...

Angels four times
Yankees five times
Phillies three times
Tampa three times
Toronto three times
Detroit three times
Kansas City four times

That is no walk in the park for any team, let alone one already down seven games in the division.

even though you usually need them yourself, ignore notjomomma (sorry man i still appreciate the freebies), as he needs meds fast. this team is done cook toast bye cya red sox suck. maybe in 2017 :p

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
to add to the last post, by done i mean they wont make the playoffs

i still have hope they can beat out the o's for last place in the division though so not done in that sense

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
notjomommasclint said:
i dont think the season is over yet... the sox will feast on the weaker teams all summer and make sure that they stay near contention for the wild card. however anytime you go small ball and hope to play with a lineup that can straight up mash like the yankees you are asking for a long long season! small ball only works when you can stop the ball with your glove! and the way the pitchers are throwing all those errors are compounded by the home runs that they have been serving up! part of me thinks the pitching is suffering because of martinez. tek was a genius behind the dish. yet seeing the suffering going up and down the rotation and bullpen i really think its just lack of support grating on their confidence.

giving up manny ramirez for bay failed to pan out when you let bay leave. not only is there no fear anywhere near that lineup you replace your big bat from last year with mike cameron (old), adrian beltre (old and inconsistent), marco scutaro (not really good) and jeremy hermedia (under performer). if you are counting on these fellas to lead you to a victory you dont stand a chance. the injury to ellsbury hurts a lot as well. not that anyone in sox gear could drive him in if he was on base but at least he puts a threat in the lineup.
Umm, didn't they just get swept by the Orioles? And aren't the Orioles the worst team in the league?
And on the subject of speed...speed has nothing to do with Adrian Beltre having 6 errors and Victor Martinez batting below .200

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts