Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Retro 1995 Select Baseball Box Break (Err... at least I beat the odds)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
So I'm back for another retro box break. This time it's 1995 Select and there are 24 packs with 10 cards per pack. The base set has 250 cards total with a "4 tier chase program". They are seeded as follows; artist's proofs 1:24, big sticks 1:48, can't miss 1:24, sure shots 1:90. In the end I completed most of the base set with only two dupes. I actually got lucky enough to pull 4 chase cards. Here are the highlights, if you will...

Artist's Proof: Joe Randa
Big Sticks: Tony Gwynn (holographic design)
Can't Miss: Ryan Klesko (cool dufex)
Sure Shots: Dustin Hermanson (more dufex)

If you want to see what these cards look like, go here...

http://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball,so,vList,=1995+select+-certified,p5,i100

Pros: Nice simple base design. Also, all the inserts are really attractive and you can never go wrong with dufex.

Cons: The base set seems a bit disorganized. It should have been the regular cards followed by the 3 subsets. Also, it looks like the sure shot players were nothing of the sort. You have Paul Konerko and a bunch of scrubs. Reminds me of the 1993 Select R&T Rookie Team insert set.

Overall: I didn't pull anything of value, but it was a fun break. The only possible hits are the artist's proofs of the key players like Griffey, Ripken, Thomas, etc. A recommended break if you can find a box for under $20.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts