Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Retro 1995 Sportflix Baseball Box Break with decent Artist's Proof.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
The box has 36 packs with 5 cards per pack and a stated "4 tier chase program". The stated odds for those are 1:36 Artist's Proof Parallel, 1:16 Detonators, 1:4 Hammer Team and 1:48 Double Take. The base set has 170 cards with a rookie subset and a few checklists. Here are the highlights of my box break...

Detonators (3): Ken Griffey Jr, Frank Thomas, Matt Williams
Hammer Team (9): Griffey, Thomas, Ripken, etc.
Artist's Proof: Chipper Jones from the "rookie" subset

Pros: I pulled a couple of Griffey and Thomas inserts, so that was nice. And one of the better artist's proof cards from the set. Also, the detonators inserts are really cool: http://www.comc.com/Cards,so,vList,i100,=sportflix+detonators

Cons: Like other boxes of Sportflix that I busted, the top card in each pack had major surface blemishes, so I tossed those out. And I didn't pull a double take insert which has alternating images of two players.

Overall: The only cards that have any real value from this product are artist's proofs of the key players such as Griffey, Ripken, etc. Still, it's a fun break and worth a gamble if you can find a box for under $20 like I did.

Members online

Latest posts