Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
Is anyone else getting bored and annoyed with the cards Topps is putting out every year now? The last few years for Rickey cards from Topps have been terrible. The "manufactured" cards are getting desperate and they keep using the same photos for everything. There will probably be a manufactured cleat, base or jock next. They still need a manufactured logo for the padres, angels, and mets. Also, every patch card that comes out is a boring and plain white. They do have a monopoly so they don't have to be too innovative I guess. I also find it comical when they come out with a "game used" bat card for a pitcher like Nolan Ryan (in a Rangers uniform). That's my rant.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Is anyone else getting bored and annoyed with the cards Topps is putting out every year now? The last few years for Rickey cards from Topps have been terrible. The "manufactured" cards are getting desperate and they keep using the same photos for everything. There will probably be a manufactured cleat, base or jock next. They still need a manufactured logo for the padres, angels, and mets. Also, every patch card that comes out is a boring and plain white. They do have a monopoly so they don't have to be too innovative I guess. I also find it comical when they come out with a "game used" bat card for a pitcher like Nolan Ryan (in a Rangers uniform). That's my rant.

I am very close to just collecting Leaf and Panini from 2013 and forward. Fresh pics and nice looking cards. The only real problem, is they are a bit expensive due to low serial number and autos. In my opinion, they blow Topps out of the water.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Here's my recent purchases/gifts. 2013 Silk rookie relic from George. Sportsflics Superstar disc, 1997 Silver PP, 2001 Archives rookie reprint. 1996 Zenith AP and 1999 Bowman Gold both from Brad via trade. 2001 Private Stock premier date via my sister and Neil. And 1994 Finest Refractor.

1360339703740.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sucrusader

Feb 7, 2013
NJ
Hey Rickey fans, I'm a Wes Chamberlain fan, but had a Rickey card I was curious if you hardcore collectors had - a 1991 Upper Deck #444 hologram variation featuring a '92 MLB hologram. Ever seen one?rickey.jpg

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
Couple of questions for my fellow Rickey collectors. Any of you interested in trading some hard to find 90s inserts of Rickey for a 2006 topps sterling burgundy /10 Rickey? I sold the majority of my topps sterling and just have a few to unload. I also have a 2006 Topps Sterling base wrongback. It has card 51 on the front but 52 on the back. I pulled this out of a box myself. I have some low numbered 2005 absolute tott I'd part with too.

I'm feeling nostalgic I guess and kind of want to move my focus to the years collecting was more fun.

I will post some pics soon.

Let me know

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Couple of questions for my fellow Rickey collectors. Any of you interested in trading some hard to find 90s inserts of Rickey for a 2006 topps sterling burgundy /10 Rickey? I sold the majority of my topps sterling and just have a few to unload. I also have a 2006 Topps Sterling base wrongback. It has card 51 on the front but 52 on the back. I pulled this out of a box myself. I have some low numbered 2005 absolute tott I'd part with too.

I'm feeling nostalgic I guess and kind of want to move my focus to the years collecting was more fun.

I will post some pics soon.

Let me know

I might be interested. Do you have a list, or do you want me to PM you ALL of my 90's items for trade? Do you want to include the very early 2000's (I see you like Pacific inserts and they had a good run until 2001). Also which Burgundy is it (I only have the #47 Padres, but curious as to which it is)?

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
I might be interested. Do you have a list, or do you want me to PM you ALL of my 90's items for trade? Do you want to include the very early 2000's (I see you like Pacific inserts and they had a good run until 2001). Also which Burgundy is it (I only have the #47 Padres, but curious as to which it is)?

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1360676946.539503.jpg

Leffer, you can PM me, I'll do the same. This is card 50' Seattle Mariners. I would love to see a trade list if you have it.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
So what color is back supposed to be? I thought silver for base and ED was copper? I know ED has silver and copper backs as I have both. Same variation for base or is this just the base card?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts