Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
A few of my favorite things!

the majority of my cards neatly organized, and all PSA 10's up front except for a a few that don't have 10's
DSC_0514640x427.jpg

DSC_0491640x427.jpg

Leaf Exhibit numbered singles, only missing about 15 or so; if anyone wants to part with theirs, let me know
DSC_0501640x427.jpg

DSC_0506640x427.jpg

Picked this up when i was a kid at restaraunt in Texas when i lived in New Mexico
DSC_0498640x427.jpg

DSC_0497640x427.jpg

DSC_0502640x427.jpg

Starting Lineups, just missing the 88 Canadien, if anyone has one let me know. My extra 89 Canadien is on the right if anyone is interested; would love to trade for anything Rickey.
DSC_0490640x427.jpg

DSC_0510640x427.jpg

Some mags: Nice swimsuit pics of rickey and george brett
DSC_0496640x427.jpg

Got a sealed audio book in there....and the video tape is from when i was a kid and i would record Rickey on TV and also wait for his awesome Rolaids commercial back in the day. Also some t-shirts i had as a kid, i wore them out, wish i took better care of them.
DSC_0493640x427.jpg

Tough to find these, Brad mentioned it on his blog a while back
DSC_0499640x427.jpg

Will trade these for Fabric of the game autos
SCAN0032.jpg
SCAN0031.jpg

1993 finest refractor...i swear this would be a psa 10, also the gold topps finest, tough refractor of 1999 bowman chrome and Pacific without a serial number
SCAN0034.jpg

Tough topps chrome home ring kings, tough copper topps clubhou se /99, Donruss Champion Laundry Tag /45, Topps Vintage 89 Topps
SCAN0033.jpg

SCAN0030.jpg

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks rickey5191! I love looking at you guys' stuff. Even though it's really similar to my stuff, I still love it. I like how you make mention of that oh so tough Clubhouse jersey #/99 but sneak those 24s in there with no mention. :lol: I don't have the #/99 Clubhouse jersey, but I do have a very special black #24/25, and a reeeaaaally special red, which isn't as exciting as the black:

TClubhouse.jpg

I was looking at my list, and saw this one: 2004 Topps Clubhouse Patch Place Relics RH #/25. What's the difference on the Patch Place relics, anybody have one? It seems like I used to know this, but 2004 was too long ago, and they never ever show up.

Some really great stuff I've never seen before. Like that Gilligan piece... how did that turn out? Seems like a pretty good idea, inventing some glue and all.

And that Toronto newspaper, not only have I never seen it, I've never seen that picture of Rickey gettin' jiggy with it. It's hot!! They definitely should have put that on some cards, and maybe made an SLU. Oooooh, or a bobble head!!!

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
rickey5191 said:
A few of my favorite things!

DSC_0497640x427.jpg
Got a sealed audio book in there....and the video tape is from when i was a kid and i would record Rickey on TV and also wait for his awesome Rolaids commercial back in the day. Also some t-shirts i had as a kid, i wore them out, wish i took better care of them.
DSC_0493640x427.jpg

The ice cream lid (2nd row right) There are 2 of them, I'll grab a pic when I can. I think one is green and one is orange?
Also, I see 2 Tri Cards, I have the same 2 and a 90 Score. Were there any others?

RL24 said:
I was looking at my list, and saw this one: 2004 Topps Clubhouse Patch Place Relics RH #/25. What's the difference on the Patch Place relics, anybody have one? It seems like I used to know this, but 2004 was too long ago, and they never ever show up.

The card can be seen here towards the bottom of the list. http://davideich.jalbum.net/2004 CARDS/index.html

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Hendersonfan said:
The ice cream lid (2nd row right) There are 2 of them, I'll grab a pic when I can. I think one is green and one is orange?

There's actually 3 different lids, as there's a blue one as well. I still only have the green, but I believe I "borrowed" this picture from Leffer at one point in time

99FroZSnacks.jpg

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hendersonfan said:
The card can be seen here towards the bottom of the list. http://davideich.jalbum.net/2004 CARDS/index.html

Ah yes, thank you. What a site! Makes me want to send him some cards to fill some glaring holes (2004 Donruss Classic Singles). Then I see some stuff like his matching #s 1/1, and BAM, I'm blown away. Why are Rickey 1/1's so much nicer than CC 1/1's? Weird... ;)

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hendersonfan said:
Looks like there's yet another item I need. Probably won't find any of those blue lids anytime soon since they're pretty old now.

Don't give up hope! :D I know I'm always saying crap like that, but... I think I have a few of the lids left from THE BOX. I'll check it out when I get home. (no I won't, I'm always saying crap like that. but hopefully in the near future I'll remember to do it).

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
RL24 said:
Hendersonfan said:
Looks like there's yet another item I need. Probably won't find any of those blue lids anytime soon since they're pretty old now.

Don't give up hope! :D I know I'm always saying crap like that, but... I think I have a few of the lids left from THE BOX. I'll check it out when I get home. (no I won't, I'm always saying crap like that. but hopefully in the near future I'll remember to do it).

At least you're being honest with yourself now ;)

I remember there were some in THE BOX, but there was only the green variety by the time it got to me, that is unless you took all the other colored ones already :)

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
RL24 said:
Hendersonfan said:

Ah yes, thank you. What a site! Makes me want to send him some cards to fill some glaring holes (2004 Donruss Classic Singles). Then I see some stuff like his matching #s 1/1, and BAM, I'm blown away. Why are Rickey 1/1's so much nicer than CC 1/1's? Weird... ;)

Yeah, I looked thru his site and couldn't believe some of the cards he needs I have. He has a nice array of hard to find cards. I really like the bat and jersey sample cards, they have to be hard to find. I never give up hope, but realized long ago I wouldn't be able to get everything. I need lots of recent commons as I have focused on parallels and bat/jersey cards. I didn't buy much of the FOTG cards as there were so many different ones. I look for the nice eye catching ones or cards that are designed nice.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Anyone remember or still keep in contact with Paul Kelly Jr.? He's the one that got me started on Beckett. Kind of like John (4040man) in that he wanted premium for his cards, but I dealt with him (and John) many times. This was back when Mike (XSteamerX) and Tom (Traplus) were big shots. I think I was about 16 at the time.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Does anyone have the 2001 Absolute Box Topper baseball auto /25 or better yet, has anyone seen one? How many of the late 90's early 2000 parallels and inserts do you guys think are still in sealed boxes somewhere? Take 1997 Limited Fabric of the game, print run is 100 and I've seen maybe 3 or 4 on eBay. 02 Stadium Club World Series Relics /50 and I've seen 2-3 max. Is someone hoarding all these goodies?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
2001 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Signing Bonus Baseballs 68 #/25 85.56(6/06)-330-(#24 e$355)-281.99(6/06) I've seen 4 of them on ebay. 2 in June of 06 selling for drastically different prices! I have no record of seeing the other two sell, but I didn't even know the 97 Fabric was /100, so if I saw one I probably just let it pass without even looking.

I do think that somebody somewhere must have cases of unopened product, but I think the main problem is the collectors who were collecting in 97 are done now. All these great cards are sitting in their basements. That's my theory...

As for Paul Kelly Jr, I've never heard of him. Do you remember his ebay handle? Probably something like Rickey24. :lol: I do remember bidding against XSteamerX, but I'm not sure I ever did anything like a trade with him.

About the ice cream lids, I may have kept one of each color and then put the rest into THE BOX... maybe. ETA: I was the one who put the lids INTO the box originally, I guess I didn't make that clear. I'm no hero or anything, Larry gave them to me... just thought I'd add that.

I had a jam session last night, played my guitar for about the third time in the last 10 years or so. WoW did it hurt my fingers!

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I don't know if he had an eBay name, but he had a want list on Beckett and his username was PaulKellyJr I think. He's showed me how to make a want list and such. I'll see if I can find anything else later. There were 2 Fabrics on eBay not long ago, and I thought well I'll grab one in a week or so (both listed 30 days) and they were had in about 4 days. Should have jumped on one of them.

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Well, a belated welcome to the new faces here. Nice to see so many pictures up! :D Looking at all of the photos and talk of xsteamerx, traplus, etc. brings back many good memories of when I signed up for ebay. Those were the days when rjew ruled and Mike, Tom, and I were second tier, always looking up.

While I was looking at all of these great pictures, it got me wondering. Am I the only one who still keeps the majority of cards in binders? Does every one else do the top loader/screwdown thing?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I want to take this opportunity to thank you all for keeping me company for these last 100 pages. It's been great! :grouphug:

Yeah Larry, I see some of your high dollar cards in those binders and get scared for them. For a while I kept all my base in a binder, and only put nicer cards in top loads/screw downs. I wanted to keep them all in order, even the graded cards and smaller cards. Unfortunately, I do have to keep a separate binder for over-sized cards, so it's still not 100% in order (never was) but as close as I could get it. Of course all of that changed... I have my 24's in order in their own box, for example. And for a while I took all the really nice stuff and hid it outside of the collection. So it was probably overall pretty pointless, but... I guess I used to be bored. Back when I was on the third tier looking up at you, Mike and Tom! :lol:

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I have my base cards in a binder. I would like to put them all at least in toploaders, but that gets pricey. I want to put anything 1985 and earlier in snap tites and any tiffany cards as well. Serial numbered and memorabilia cards in one screws. Serials <50 and rookies are in lucite 4 screws. Most of my magazines are in a binder too in Beckett size pages. I would love to frame most of them and make a border along the ceiling ala Dave Eich. When I signed up for eBay I lied about my age so I could sign up. I was either 15 or 16 and if I didn't buy money orders I had my dad write checks because I didn't have a checking account yet. I was 2/3 tier and strived to become top tier, but it never came to be.

Latest posts