Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Nah, I need to go the other way and reduce the size of my collection. I have many non card items and regret having them, they take up too much space. Like that stupid 7-11 cup from 1982. It takes up like 100 cards worth of space for one lousy cup. *sigh*

Taliasen

Feb 3, 2011
Michigan
RL24 said:
Nah, I need to go the other way and reduce the size of my collection. I have many non card items and regret having them, they take up too much space. Like that stupid 7-11 cup from 1982. It takes up like 100 cards worth of space for one lousy cup. *sigh*

lol, i recently picked up that cup and think it looks pretty cool!

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
ManOfSteal said:
I'm sure everyone got as good as a laugh as I did when this auction popped up last week:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

I also just received an e-mail from John (Rickey5191) with a link to a discussion about the seller which I found pretty interesting!
http://www.sportscardsuncensored.com/?p=3077

How does this guy still have 100% feedback?!?

I recall seeing a Topps (not sure which product it was) that had some A's patch that I've never seen on any A's jersey. Also anyone recall seeing the Rickey card with Mariners patch from 2001 All Star Game? Hard for Rickey to wear that a year before it was made.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Son of a bitch! Guy ended this exact card saying it was no longer for sale. About 5 hours before it ended for >$5 to me. Now he listed it starting at $25

[ebay:2h2av1yy]150603395840[/ebay:2h2av1yy]

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Hendersonfan said:
Son of a bitch! Guy ended this exact card saying it was no longer for sale. About 5 hours before it ended for >$5 to me. Now he listed it starting at $25

[ebay:2hnnu6fd]150603395840[/ebay:2hnnu6fd]

I was pretty annoyed with this as well! I was actually the high bidder for around $5.50 when he ended the auction about 2 days early (I believe it was supposed to end tomorrow). He said that he had changes that needed to be made, and he figured it was easier to just end the auction early and relist it.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Well, at least you know you were both eyeing it, so there probably wouldn't have been any steals even if he let the auction run. Or not. :? Just trying to make you guys feel better. :D

About this card:
$(KGrHqMOKo4E253ViFN7BN)0GLkQSw~~_12.jpg

I guess the seller would make me shy away, but the card itself would not. They had lots of incredible patches in that set for whatever reason. I think my Rickey is pretty nice, I'll try to scan it someday. ;)

Here's my Jennings, I'm sure many people would think it's fake but I got it for less than the cost of a patch....

jjlogo.jpg

If the guy had faked it, he would have had to charge me at least $5 to make the money back on the patch he bought, right? :lol:

And here is a good ebay search...

http://sports-cards.shop.ebay.com/i.htm ... m270.l1313

You can see that over half of the 2003 Prestige #/325 cards on ebay right now are patches as opposed to plain jerseys.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hendersonfan said:
Leffer said:

RL24 said:

Figure I'll post picture of mine. I really need to get my collection here with me.

Front1.jpg

It's so strange. We had this talk, and today I saw one of these on ebay. It's being sold by Burbank for a mere $57.20 (I really thought they would ask for more, maybe it's worth less than I think) and they have a pic. Where did they get the pic? Surely this isn't the one they have for sale....

$(KGrHqQOKjwE2LgMfPY5BN)IQH!+kQ~~0_1.jpg
[ebay:177bmg1d]310317001356[/ebay:177bmg1d]

I would be sooooooo pissed if it was pic of #24/50, I bought it, it showed up, and wasn't #24/50. :evil: I hope if somebody buys theirs, they aren't buying it because it's #06, or because they think the condition of the card in the scan is good.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
ManOfSteal said:
Hendersonfan said:

[ebay:13sglx3b]150603395840[/ebay:13sglx3b]

I was pretty annoyed with this as well! I was actually the high bidder for around $5.50 when he ended the auction about 2 days early (I believe it was supposed to end tomorrow). He said that he had changes that needed to be made, and he figured it was easier to just end the auction early and relist it.

The only change he had to make was raise the price because he wasn't happy it was going low.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
RL24 said:
Hendersonfan said:
Leffer said:

RL24 said:

Figure I'll post picture of mine. I really need to get my collection here with me.

Front1.jpg

It's so strange. We had this talk, and today I saw one of these on ebay. It's being sold by Burbank for a mere $57.20 (I really thought they would ask for more, maybe it's worth less than I think) and they have a pic. Where did they get the pic? Surely this isn't the one they have for sale....

[ebay:7rdzrje8]310317001356[/ebay:7rdzrje8]

I would be sooooooo pissed if it was pic of #24/50, I bought it, it showed up, and wasn't #24/50. :evil: I hope if somebody buys theirs, they aren't buying it because it's #06, or because they think the condition of the card in the scan is good.

So if someone wins that card, sorry you're not getting 06/50 as that's mine!

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Hendersonfan said:
RL24 said:
Hendersonfan said:
Leffer said:

RL24 said:

Front1.jpg

[ebay:jnq4ewfb]310317001356[/ebay:jnq4ewfb]

So if someone wins that card, sorry you're not getting 06/50 as that's mine! Also I was going to be pissed he used my picture, but he uploaded it from Beckett, which I did sumbit to them for use. A few of my other cards are also uploaded for use, such as this
RickeyAuto.jpg

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Hendersonfan said:
ManOfSteal said:
Hendersonfan said:

[ebay:1fqpnjrp]150603395840[/ebay:1fqpnjrp]

The only change he had to make was raise the price because he wasn't happy it was going low.

You're 100% correct! Really pissed me off, as I was hoping to finally snag one of these. I have the Piedmont, as well as the Old Mill, and would like to finally complete the trifecta!

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Hendersonfan said:
Hendersonfan said:
RL24 said:
Hendersonfan said:
Leffer said:

RL24 said:

Front1.jpg

[ebay:hmmmt7ez]310317001356[/ebay:hmmmt7ez]

So if someone wins that card, sorry you're not getting 06/50 as that's mine! Also I was going to be pissed he used my picture, but he uploaded it from Beckett, which I did sumbit to them for use. A few of my other cards are also uploaded for use, such as this
RickeyAuto.jpg

Ryan is going to be drooling over that one.

Brad, I have yet to see an Old Mill besides the one you have. I figured another would have shown up by now. I wonder if its a 1/1?

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
So, about that Polar Bear auction (I was watching it too...who wasn't). But I am pretty sure that it is against ebay's selling bylaws to end an auction early...using the reason "It is no longer available" only to relist it within hours for a higher starting bid. Maybe if the lot had zero bids on it, no one could complain, but this did. I think that guy should be reported to ebay, cuz that aint right.

Burbank uses a bunch of stock photos. They claim so in their lots though, so they couldn't really get in trouble I guess for delivering a different serial number than what's shown in their photo.

Tal, nice pics of the publications. Check this link out (David Eich's site) http://davideich.jalbum.net/COVERS/
Some quick liner notes:

The 1990 Sport Magazine has two variations - a Newsstand version and a subscription version. You can tell by the address label box.
The Record Stealer Book comes in paperback and hardback versions.
The Off Base bio comes in hard-back, paperback AND audio book (read by Andre Braugher no less)
The National Sports Daily with "Amazing Feet" also has a variation with "Man of Steal" on the cover instead and its the Late Final Edition.

If anyone has an extra copy of the "Amazing Feet" variation, I could use it. Ken, I can also use the 2011 Bobblehead. (can I cram anymore stuff into one post?? :ugeek: )

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Leffer said:
Burbank uses a bunch of stock photos. They claim so in their lots though, so they couldn't really get in trouble I guess for delivering a different serial number than what's shown in their photo.

Yeah, I went to the auction page to check it out and saw the Beckett stock photo. I'm fine with it being used, that's why I uploaded on Beckett's site. That way people can see what the card looks like front and back. At first I thought it was my Photobucket picture, and I was a little pissy that I wasn't contacted to use it. But that's not the case, I just jumped the gun.

Dude on eBay should be reported, that was ********. If I remember tomorrow I'll do it.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I think you guys should chipper up. :D I know it seemed like you were all going to get a steal on it, but you were all watching it... it was going to go way up at the end. The seller probably will get less money going the route he did. Unless you guys still battle it out...

RickeyAuto.jpg

Oh yeah.... that does make me drooly! I never did get one of those '02 autos though, so I don't even have one to trade if all parties were willing. I do love the old DLP cards where they show the jersey on the back, it makes jersey # cards oh so sweet...

CC52a.jpg

02DETT2435.png
(Thanks Ken!)

Just noticed how nicely they go with this other...

rh11nat.jpg

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
RL24 said:
I think you guys should chipper up. :D I know it seemed like you were all going to get a steal on it, but you were all watching it... it was going to go way up at the end. The seller probably will get less money going the route he did. Unless you guys still battle it out...

RickeyAuto.jpg

Oh yeah.... that does make me drooly! I never did get one of those '02 autos though, so I don't even have one to trade if all parties were willing. I do love the old DLP cards where they show the jersey on the back, it makes jersey # cards oh so sweet...

CC52a.jpg

02DETT2435.png
(Thanks Ken!)

Just noticed how nicely they go with this other...

rh11nat.jpg

I know one day you will find it in your heart to give..er..trade me that 1/1. :D

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I have some other jersey numbered cards. I'll see if I can find a list. A few are Nifty Fifty. I bought the 02 jersey auto when I got my taxes back one year. Paid $275 when it was booking for $400, so I thought it was decent price. Also most I ever paid for a card. Anyone else have the SAMPLE version of the 02 Auto with jersey swatch? I'll post pic later when I get off work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts