Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Sounds like a great card! It has the jersey and auto AND is a sample? I'd love to see it! :D There were probably only 3 made like that, and only 1 will ever make it to the public, that being the one you own.

And yeah... a list of jersey number cards might make me happy... or really jealous. :lol:

Here is my list, as outdated as it is. I might possibly update it in the somewhat nearish future.

http://ryanl24.webs.com/the24museum.htm

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
RL24 said:
I think you guys should chipper up. :D I know it seemed like you were all going to get a steal on it, but you were all watching it... it was going to go way up at the end. The seller probably will get less money going the route he did. Unless you guys still battle it out...
You're right Ryan. I knew I wasn't going to get it for $5, but it's the principle of the deal that annoys me. Oh well, there's more out there.

Speaking of more out there...I got my Rickey bobblehead in the mail today, only to have it arrive in pieces! It was just shoved in a large priority mail box, with no additional packaging to cushion it. I'm surprised Rickey was only missing a hand when he arrived.

But, the day was not a total loss, as I got these beauties as well:

10Ticket1.jpg11Ticket1.jpg

Ken, I know you have a few more of these from 2009 and 2010. Can you post the dates of the games? I want to try and track down the rest.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
RL24 said:
Sounds like a great card! It has the jersey and auto AND is a sample? I'd love to see it! :D There were probably only 3 made like that, and only 1 will ever make it to the public, that being the one you own.

And yeah... a list of jersey number cards might make me happy... or really jealous. :lol:

Here is my list, as outdated as it is. I might possibly update it in the somewhat nearish future.

http://ryanl24.webs.com/the24museum.htm

No, the Auto is 35/100 as shown. I also have the non auto SAMPLE version.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
fronts
0508001434.jpg

and backs
0508001434a.jpg

Also if you want a copy of the '10 induction picture give me your email and I'll send the original copy. Looks really nice. Better than the saved copies from various sites.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
The picture of the back doesn't show the number very good, but the jersey card in corner is 035/100
0508001421.jpg

PieceOfGame.jpg

Nifty Fifty Padres Jersey
Back2.jpg

Nifty Fifty Mets Bat
Back3.jpg

No pic of back, but top L corner (with seam) is 024/100
Front7.jpg

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hendersonfan said:
henderson939 said:
Nice cards. I have that sample too.
There were a few on eBay in recent years. I wondered how many there were?

It's weird how for some of them there seem to be dozens. Others you will only see one.

My favorites are like this:

JJDCs1.jpg
DSC00826.jpg

You can see where the GU will be on the real card, but it's not on the sample.

The best part about these cards... if they were Rickey, I wouldn't have won them. As it was, I think they were about $2 each. :lol:

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I was looking for some of the T206 Henderson cards and got curious on the Old Mill. I don't think they are 1/1 or very rare for that matter. I think we just haven't seen many of them. The other Old Mill's that have been selling on eBay are about 5-10. Not much if it's a rare card. Plus there are 2 ichiro's from different sellers (one current, one sold). Good news for all of us that don't have one. After the wedding gets paid for, I'm going to sneak in some money for a Rickey spending account.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Brian, since you're so new I thought I would alert you to the fact that I sent you a PM. I know when I started I used to not notice them for weeks when I got them. Now I look up there all the time to make sure it says "0" messages. Even though I finally made the spam filter let the FCB emails through, so I find out that way...

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Guys, here is a list of cards for sale/trade. Nothing fancy, but maybe someones needs a few.

2002 Topps Awards Ceremony Platinum jersey
2002 Topps Awards Ceremony Gold jersey
2003 Donruss Elite All-Time Career Best Gold #AT-33 (#/130)
2003 Donruss Elite Throwback Threads Combo #TT-53 (#/125)
2003 Leaf Limited Player Threads combo #TT-11 (20/50)
2003 Topps Bazooka Blasts bat
2003 Topps Gallery Artists Proof #73
2003 Topps Pristine Bomb Squad bat
2003 Upper Deck Finite Major Factors #141 (#/1599)
2004 Donruss Classics Legendary Leather #LL-60 (#/100)
2004 Donruss Classics Legendary Lumberjacks #LB-42 (#/1000)
2004 Donruss Classics Legendary Jerseys #LJ-60 (#/500)
2004 Donruss Throwback Threads Player Threads triple jersey #PT-58 (#/250)
2004 Donruss Timelines Boys of Summer jersey #21
2004 Playoff Prestige Player Collection jersey #PC-76
2005 Donruss Champions jersey #148
2001 Donruss Class of 2001 Scrapbook bat card #SB-11 (#/200)

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Ken,

I went through your list when you sent it to me a few weeks ago, but now I can't find the want list that I created from it. I think it's at home though, so I'll get back to you. I wanted to wait on sending it out until I had a list for you in return, but that's taking longer than expected, lol!

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Hendersonfan said:
I was looking for some of the T206 Henderson cards and got curious on the Old Mill. I don't think they are 1/1 or very rare for that matter. I think we just haven't seen many of them. The other Old Mill's that have been selling on eBay are about 5-10. Not much if it's a rare card. Plus there are 2 ichiro's from different sellers (one current, one sold). Good news for all of us that don't have one. After the wedding gets paid for, I'm going to sneak in some money for a Rickey spending account.

Although I don't think they are a #1/1 (that would be too good to be true), the Rickey Old Mill is definitely rarer than the Old Mill's of some other players. This set has been out for almost a year now, and not a single Rickey Old Mill has been sold on eBay. Since release, there have been at least 10 Polar Bears sold on eBay, and I've seen a few sold on message boards as well. Maybe all of the Rickey's are just sitting in a bunch of unopened cases somewhere?

10T206Relics4.jpg

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Knowing Topps and their issues with correllation, someday somebody will rip a Hot Case that has a Rickey Old Mill or Polar Bear GU in each and every pack. :lol:

Does anybody have one of these?

$(KGrHqIOKj4E3H8BuDQFBNyZl1ElKQ~~_12.jpg

I'm just wondering if you can tell that they are home made when you have them in hand...

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
So since I'm new around here I have some catching up to do. I'll ***** my PhotoBucket some more, which isn't that the point of this thread to show stuff off?

Anyone else collect jerseys? Mine are all authentic, not game worn, but just like what would be worn. Patches or nameplates are used where they should be. Not all are numbered but they will be. I found the company that makes the lettering for MLB and can share info with anyone that is interested. They letter a jersey exactly like the team (since they make it for MLB) and return postage for about $35 per. They don't do nameplates, but the Mariners Team Store did them for me.

Here are some done and some not.

Picture001a.jpg

Picture004a.jpg

Picture006a.jpg

Picture008a.jpg

Picture010a.jpg

Picture011a.jpg

Picture012a.jpg

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
GOOD GOD MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

How many is that!?

I have precisely 0 Rickey jerseys, authentic game used or otherwise. I do have 3 really nice Jason Jennings which ARE game used, and I have the best CC jersey ever....

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MTItMjAxMTAyMTItMDgzMy5qcGc.jpg

She's a moving target now, so getting a good pic is almost impossible. I wish I could find a nice Rickey jersey that's really really small!

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Ryan, I have a Rickey jersey that's really really small. In fact I have a few - a button up jersey as well as some kid tshirts. But, sorry to say, they are going to be saved for my little girl to wear :mrgreen: What do you guys think of "Ogden Henley" for a girls name? :ugeek:

And holy crap dude, I have a few jerseys but nothing like that. A cool one to pick up is there's a Coooperstown Collection A's jersey sold for around $12 on ebay by a guy in Japan (although....I did get it before the quake). It is authentic looking even if it is a knockoff.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Damn, that's awesome! Take lots of pics, Nelsona Henleyetta will outgrow them quickly! :lol: That's my contribution. Rickey's daughters names are Angela, Alexis, and Adriann. Wish I could find their middle names... not because I'm creepy, just because it could give me more names to mention. I thought I'd throw those names out there because, hey, they were good enough for Rickey! It's tough naming a kid. We went through like ALL of the R names before picking Renée. Or may more like finally settling on it. After we picked it though, it really grew on me quickly. I finally quit arguing that "Rickie" would be a really cute name for a girl. :lol: I wanted to have a little RL. I don't know what we'll do if we have another, it's going to be brutal. We didn't have to pick Renée's middle name, thanks to a family tradition in Becky's family. They always give their first born daughter the same middle name that their mother has. So it's Renée Marie because Becky's mom's name is Marie. Anyway......

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hendersonfan said:

Is there anything on the back of that Mercury Mets jersey? Did they wear that while Rickey was a Met? Did he wear one? Do you only get jerseys that he actually wore? I mean.... I know the M's did a crazy future jersey, but Rickey couldn't have been on both teams. Would you get an M's future jersey?

I feel like a 3 year old. I have a lot of questions. :lol:

Latest posts