Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
Now that's a shrine to a favorite player- wow 🤩🥳🤩

I've decided Rickey collectors are right up there on the insanity level with Griffey, Jeter, Ripken, and McGwire guys.
I collect a certain mid 2000's set numbered to 25. The MOST any card has sold in the last 10 years- Rickey.
Not even close either. An Albert Pujols from the set sold for $70 and that's only equaled by 2-3 other cards
I've got sales going back 15 years on the set.

I just watched an auction on eBay where a Rickey version # 01/25 sold for $300
Repeat- three hundred dollars !!

Hat's off to that player collector-- you are definitely a "super" collector who loves Rickey to pay that much

Rickey prices are insane - I try my best not to get into those bidding wars. I’m content with what I have, so no use going crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
My lone contribution to this thread, my pull from the Topps Super 70's set.

View attachment 120124

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Have to be happy with a pull like that. The set has some big hitters, but a lot of average Joe stuff too. I bought them for my collection, but guys like Sutton, Baker and Oliver for example would not make most people happy to pull, aside from being an autographed card instead of a base!

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
That is a nice card. I too picked up the regular one recently (I love Ricky Cobb's Twitter feed...it was a double "Ricky/Rickey" fan purchase :) ). I haven't seen a Rickey Auto from that set hit ebay yet. With the way recent prices have been going, you'd likely get close (if not over) $100 for it if you were interested in selling it. I'd sure put a bid in on it.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have always liked the tri-cards, especially after I dutifully broke my basketball cards apart in 1981! One of a few major regrets that I don't really fault myself for, but just wish what might have been if...

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
I'm glad to see these awesome cards are going to collectors and not "investors" (although you may be considered both ;)). Keep the coolness coming; it is fun to gawk at.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
I like finding stuff I didn't know existed for 30 years... like this 1991 National Sports Daily "Cross Country Edition" dated May 3rd. I have two variants from May 2nd (the regular and the Late Final edition), but didn't know this existed until I was just bopping around aimlessly on ebay. Little pleasures of collecting.

Plus, I just crossed the 1,200 count for Rickey relic cards. Anyone ever think about taking out the materials and sewing together an actual jersey? One day when I finally mentally crack, I might just do that. :ROFLMAO:😵

91 national sports daily cross country edition May 3.jpg

Members online