Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Hard to believe it’s been 25 years since our first Topps Chrome cards and refractors…View attachment 312377
View attachment 312378
View attachment 312379
View attachment 312380

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whuuut? I am old. 🧓 I guess the first year they started cutting up Rickey game-used objects and shoving them into cards was in 2001, so those are now 20 years old. And I *think* 1998 was the first year of the official "1 of 1" Rickeys, so that trend is now 23 years old. Time to go to sleep so I can get up early, then tell the neighborhood kids to "get off my lawn" and then make it on time to the early bird special for dinner.

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
whuuut? I am old. I guess the first year they started cutting up Rickey game-used objects and shoving them into cards was in 2001, so those are now 20 years old. And I *think* 1998 was the first year of the official "1 of 1" Rickeys, so that trend is now 23 years old. Time to go to sleep so I can get up early, then tell the neighborhood kids to "get off my lawn" and then make it on time to the early bird special for dinner.

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
Oooooh! I should get one done for the Sandberg Game.

For sure! Here is the link:

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Love the concept for those ticket cards. You seem to be finding some really cool stuff. Meanwhile Topps is recycling the same 3 pictures on the same boring stuff or rehashing the same stuff over and over. Advantage: You

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
Love the concept for those ticket cards. You seem to be finding some really cool stuff. Meanwhile Topps is recycling the same 3 pictures on the same boring stuff or rehashing the same stuff over and over. Advantage: You

939% agree! I am having so much fun with customs and #cardart vs. mainstream cards these days.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Did anybody else always vote like this too? 1980 and 1981 ASG ballot cards….View attachment 312832
View attachment 312833
View attachment 312834
View attachment 312835

1981:
View attachment 312836
View attachment 312837
View attachment 312838

:ROFLMAO: That 1981 AL outfield is STACKED! SIX future Hall-of-Famers (!!! how do you only vote for 3???), plus the always solid Hal McRae, Fred Lynn, Willie Wilson, Don Baylor, and Al Oliver along with Stormin' Gorman, Singleton, Armas, Ben Oglivie, Mickey Rivers, and Greg "the Bull" Luzinski in his first year in the AL. Even young sensation Joe Charboneau was no slouch. Only 1 Hall-of-Famer in the NL Outfield (Dawson). AL OF was da bomb!

Strange side question.... why is Joe Morgan not on the 1981 ballot? I know he was on the downside of his career, but he was a 10-time All-Star including as recently as 1979. 5-time gold glover, back-to-back MVP winner. Ponderous.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
:ROFLMAO: That 1981 AL outfield is STACKED! SIX future Hall-of-Famers (!!! how do you only vote for 3???), plus the always solid Hal McRae, Fred Lynn, Willie Wilson, Don Baylor, and Al Oliver along with Stormin' Gorman, Singleton, Armas, Ben Oglivie, Mickey Rivers, and Greg "the Bull" Luzinski in his first year in the AL. Even young sensation Joe Charboneau was no slouch. Only 1 Hall-of-Famer in the NL Outfield (Dawson). AL OF was da bomb!

Strange side question.... why is Joe Morgan not on the 1981 ballot? I know he was on the downside of his career, but he was a 10-time All-Star including as recently as 1979. 5-time gold glover, back-to-back MVP winner. Ponderous.
6 Future Hofer's and I'm sure I voted A. Otis, W. Wilson & Yaz. Always been a Royals homer & Yaz fan.

Members online