Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
Does anyone find the number of teams Henderson played for a distraction or nuisance or do you just collect only a certain team represented?

I am happy that the Dodgers had him on the team to add another "cameo" Hall of Famer, but makes picking up his Dodger stuff tough. I do have 1 certified Dodger auto card and that may be all I ever own.

I collect them all, I find it a blast and love the variety personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
I collect them all, I find it a blast and love the variety personally.

I definitely collect them all. I do find it interesting how much "game used material" and relic cards are out there for his Dodgers days. He only played 30 games for them with only 84 plate appearances!!! Did he change his jersey every half inning? :ROFLMAO: I will give him some credit though.. at the ripe old age of 44 he stole 3 bases as a Dodger without getting caught (the only year in his career without at least 1 Caught Stealing)

As I was looking at his stats, he went an impressive 376 plate appearances in 1994 without hitting into a double play. Hmm.

And one other fun fact... he was hit by a pitch at least once in every season of his 25 year career... even in that short 30 game stint with the Dodgers! :)

Happy New Year everyone and of course, Happy Belated Birthday to the GOAT

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
And one other fun fact... he was hit by a pitch at least once in every season of his 25 year career... even in that short 30 game stint with the Dodgers! :)

Happy New Year everyone and of course, Happy Belated Birthday to the GOAT

Better yet…Henderson played his last major league game on September 19, 2003; he was hit by a pitch in his only plate appearance, and came around to score his 2,295th run.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
OK, another sleuthing question... has anyone ever seen (or have a picture of) a 1999 Bowman Chrome International #223 Henderson card? I know the 1999 Bowman Chrome International Refractor exists (serial numbered 100), and the 1999 Bowman International exists (not Chrome). But this one is on the official lists but I've never seen one.

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
OK, another sleuthing question... has anyone ever seen (or have a picture of) a 1999 Bowman Chrome International #223 Henderson card? I know the 1999 Bowman Chrome International Refractor exists (serial numbered 100), and the 1999 Bowman International exists (not Chrome). But this one is on the official lists but I've never seen one.
Pretty sure I have one, I'll look this weekend and upload a picture if so.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA

I feel like some players in the set are harder to find than others. There are a couple of A's that I absolutely haven't been able to track down at all, and there are none even showing in a completed item search on COMC. It's certainly possible they didn't make this parallel for some players or severely SPed them for some production reason. FWIW the two I'm missing are from Series 2, like the Henderson.

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
I feel like some players in the set are harder to find than others. There are a couple of A's that I absolutely haven't been able to track down at all, and there are none even showing in a completed item search on COMC. It's certainly possible they didn't make this parallel for some players or severely SPed them for some production reason. FWIW the two I'm missing are from Series 2, like the Henderson.

IMG_2067.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Random cool Rickey card of the day. 2015 Topps Strata Strata Signature Patches #SSP-RH Red Rivet (1-of-1). Not the greatest picture, but a pretty cool patch card with some 3D depth to it. If you look close on the bottom edge, you can see that there are two cards...they are bound by a rivet in one of the corners that allows the top to rotate around so you can see that patch part of the card unobstructed by the top auto. (no I don't own it... just think it is cool). Cheers!
15 topps strata auto patch rivet book mets (1of1) 5.jpg

Members online